Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Messages to the Universe

Silverbirch

I've been sending out messages to the universe and as far as I can recall, the universe hears me and responds. Sometimes, I don't get what I ask for. I think the universe must know better than I do. I've asked for things that haven't been good for me. Like when I asked for my broken relationships to be repaired - and they weren't. The universe did send me much better options.

I've been asking for help to improve my employment situation. I feel right now that I have been caught up in this awful vicious cycle of being trapped in a work situation which is draining to anyone and everyone and pays poorly. I'm trying to find my way out of it, by reclaiming my confidence, clarity of mind, motivation and belief that I can place myself in much better situations.

I have begun the processes and the picture is opening up into something with much better possibilities. Please universe, continue to help me.

I live in this wonderful place and have people in my life who I love dearly, but I have to work such long, hard hours, and I am just exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally drained by this work and employer. I've been reminded that life is finite and short and I don't want to waste more time than necessary in this current work situation. I know there is better out there for me - and others too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vic if you are there still. Well, funny thing that one of the managers at work asked if I would like to work for her a couple of days ago and says that she will have permanent work for me if I am interested. I was actually planning to get work outside my current organisation, but in the meantime, this would be better than what I am currently doing.

Out of the blue also,someone I am acquainted with through my present job suggested I go to a particular website to find out about some issues relating to my present job. I saw what looked to be some interesting social research projects there and read them, and it has re-ignited my interests in what I had actually spent a few years studying at uni. It's made me feel that I would like to go work in a very specific area of social justice. I emailed one of the researchers, a lawyer and made some comments to her about her research and it seems likely we are going to meet. She asked if I would mind if she showed my email to some colleagues and that maybe we could all meet. (She is working in a very specific area of legal reform).

I'm going to read some more research papers from the site and give some consideration into looking into veering into this area of work. I'm not completely inexperienced though it could be a big change for me. I'd consider further study if I knew there were employment opportunities in that area. Even if no employment opportunities come of it, it seems a very worthwhile organisation to become involved with.

The other day, I was feeling a bit sad that I don't get to see as much of David as I would like. He was going to come to my place and then I had to work so missed out. When we have seen each other, one or both of us have been so tired. I was quite shocked before starting work to get a phone call from him and he was parked outside my home!!! He had work on that day but cancelled the last couple of hours an and came to see me and my ponies. Then we went out and had something to eat and it was nice. Didn't get to spend the night with each other. I wish we didn't both have to work so much and we had more time for other things. Well, maybe one day.

Please universe, any help you can give on these matters greatly appreciated. And thanks for the job offer.

Chiming in to encourage the universe to assist you, SB! I'm all for setting intent, or sending requests, or prayer.

I'll join in, if I may. I love doing collaborative creative work, and not having to commute, and it would be GREAT having even better clients, ones who communicate well and kindly, pay well and timely, and are a joy to work with on projects that are meaningful and inspiring. It would be great having enough clients to support myself and save for the future and support causes I believe in, and to be able to plan ahead for several months. Yeah!

Hugs JN, I tried posting here yesterday but couldn't maintain a connection. I have already asked the universe to send happiness and abundance to you, especially with work.

I think I can be a bit of an enemy to myself because sometimes when the universe is working my way, like with work, I go settle for less. This week, I was offered more work with the organisation I am with, but sorry if I am repeating myself, but there is a lot of bad energy there. Part of it is related to a major court case that involves the organisation, it's affects on work practice and morale. Long story.

Anyway, somebody I had spoken to who works for the organisation, but also has other work, brought something in for me and he is urging me to apply for casual work with another organisation which pays better money. I find that I am doing a bit of a battle within myself - part of me is saying, "Oh just relax and take this extra work where you already are working." I guess there is that part of me which is scared about change - like I fool myself into believing that it's easier to stay in a bad situation than venture out and take risks in the hope of finding better.

I think I need to ask the universe to help me be brave and energetic and wise.

I've realised too that I need to steer away from people who are negative because it drains my energy and I have not seen so much of my really happy, energetic and positive friends of late due to working on the days the dance group is on. I went to an informal outdoor concert yesterday where they performed as well as other people I know. I could feel all the good energy there and I felt lifted by it. I must give myself more of this.

Anyway, anyone else who wants to post a message to the universe, feel free to join in and I'll put it out there for you too. HUGS, XXX.

I am posting this message to the universe to take care of my cousin, Shirleen, who is very stressed about medical tests she is having.

I also have been sending messages out to the universe about a very personal issue in my life I am struggling with and which is causing me a deal of pain. I'm not sure what to do about it. I guess I'm wishing for a type of miracle, but maybe that isn't the right thing I should be wishing for, but more for strength within myself to be able to deal with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would leave a message here to say that I currently do not have my laptop and can't post on ENA at work, and very likely can't read the board either. Am at an internet cafe and will likely just get here every couple of days until I have a computer again. I hope you are all well.

The universe is looking after me. I was nearly wiped out in my car by a speeding provisional driver this morning. I swerved to the side of the road narrowly missing a tree. Thank You God for taking care of me.

I'm doin pretty well - working very hard, and planning to see my mother maybe in early February because of work and having to have my next cancer scan in mid-January and likely surgery 3-4 weeks after. I'm still seeing Michael, the psychologist around once a week at present, and feel this is helping me a lot. I feel a lot stronger about the bullying at work now and have been getting my stuff together to get other work. I've been offered 3 other jobs within the same organisation but know I have to be making positive steps to get out because I (and other people) believe there are some really bad things happening there. I've been told it is likely that at some point further down the track, I will be subpoened to give evidence to a Royal Commission or at least some type fo official inquiry.

Things with David are going okay. It's feels strange that I stayed over his place the other night, left mid-mornig yesterday. Then he rang me at work at 7pm telling me he was missing me!!!!! Less than a year ago, he used to tell me how he wasn't like other people - he didn't ever miss anyone including his own daughter unless he hadn't seen her for at least a few weeks or months.

Anyway, I have so much to do this morning before I go to work. I'm quite sure I'll be back before Xmas. Anyway, keep well. I'm sending out messages to the universe and prayers for everyone to be taken care of and protected. Hugs, XXXX

Hugs JN and Everyone! I may have my computer back tomorrow - son is getting me a part for the laptop which will be a Xmas gift, but we still aren't sure if it will work. I'm posting from a shopping centre. Busy day tomorrow.

Anyway, a Safe and Happy Xmas and New Year to you all and I will be back as soon as I can. XXXXXX

Hahahaha...was just gonna get on here and say Happy Holidays to you.....because i'm celebrating my 400th post...well..you're 401!!! I'm a baby compared to everyone else!!

I'm sure i can speak for a LOT of people on here...we MISS YOU SB!!!

I've had to go to other poor people's threads, and hijack them!

Can't wait til you come back!!! Happy and Healthy! Love to D, your son, and all your ponies and doggies! (((((hugs)))))

Happy Holidays to you too Carla and Congratulations. Hope you have a good one, and it's nice to know I am missed.

I'm so glad to be back on board as I finally have had my laptop fixed.

I made a Xmas lunch yesterday for my son and D, and I have never seen either of them look more relaxed. David gave me a gold lockett with some small diamonds in it and a very sentimental card!!! I got him a few smaller types of presents, and he loved them all. I had to go to work in the late afternoon so have spent today just mooching around. I'm going to David's for dinner soon - will take our leftovers from yesterday! LOL, we were all so full we could hardly move. I did vegetarian stir-fry noodles in satay which everyone liked and we had a Xmas pudding with icecream.

Well, I had better get a move on but speak soon. xxxxx

I'd like to ask God and The Universe to take good care of my son. He's a good boy. He's off to a musical festival in the country and I may be his Mum, but like I used to say to him when he was a teenager: "I wasn't born in the last shower." He's off with his friends for a few days at this festival and I know it will entail a very good time, very likely alcohol and there will be party drugs there too. I haven't ever known him to have a drug problem, but he told me years ago about drugs he had experimented with and said he didn't want to used them again - he volunteered that info without any prompting from me.

He was very happy when I saw him Xmas Day as he has paid for his air ticket to Berlin. He will leave Oz in May and plans to stay in Berlin for 6 months - living in the inner city area.

When I was Xmas shopping recently, I saw these beautiful embroidered Indian heat bags. I made several plain ordinary ones for my ex as he had bad arthritis, and he tells me he still uses them. When I saw these new lovely ones, I thought I would like to make one for my son with a special message from me to him embroidered on it, and maybe some for David as well as he gets lots of aches from work. The ones I saw were expensive - around $35, but I'm sure I could make them cheaply from recycled clothing.

Here's a pick of the ones I saw at a store called Ishka:

link removed

I made something like that when i was graduating from massage school. I bought a big bag of lavendar off of Ebay....added rice and a couple of drops of lavendar oil...mixed it up and stuffed them in these bags and sewed them up. Then had my mother in law make mini pillow cases for them. They were to put over peoples eyes to help them relax while getting massaged. I made bigger ones to be heated and put on shoulder's etc. I never use them now. But the other day my feet were freezing, so i found a big one, heated it in the micro and put it down by my feet. Next morning there was rice all over in the bed.....small hole.....lol

Love ya sb....so glad you're back!

Heat bags are nice. I had one with flaxseed and lavender, but the fabric fell apart from being heated and seeds went everywhere! I have another one with rice and a heavier cover, and that's been very durable. Of course, you have to have a microwave. Hot water bottles are good, too, as long as the cap is on tight!

Hi JN,

I made a number of them years ago for G, my ex and made them from corduroy. They had constant use and are still fine and he is still using them. I still have enough of that corduroy left to make more so maybe I should put the cotton embroidered fabric over them. I was looking at the Indian ones again today as there are a lot of sales on here (the heat bags weren't on sale though). I bought myself a pair of Ali Baba pants which look very nice - in preparation for the extreme heat we will have here in January and February.

I'd like to ask God and The Universe for the powers of good - positivity and protection to stay with me, especially when I formally put forth a specific project proposal at work at a staff meeting. I spoke to a manager and proposed to her the formation of a formal ethics committee made up of the direct care workers at a facility I work at - I've got lots of ideas. There has been a lot of conflict (and 19 people being being stood down pending investigations). One of the things which did stand out to me was that in at least one of these cases which has almost had a tragic result, the person who is being investigated was never approached informally or given any type of warning that people disagreed with some of her work practice. I found out today that she has had a complete breakdown, attempted suicide and her father is currently her power of attorney. She was a late 20's aged woman with uni quals, previously very successful and over the 7 years I have known her, saw her do a lot of good and kind things. Was told today that her family have pretty much forced her to resign because of how her mental health has gone from the accusations. I hope this isn't true, but if it takes that for her to get well, then that is what she must do.

I also would like for God and the universe to help this young woman heal and find happiness and peace again.

Please Universe keep everyone safe. We are now in a heatwave and it's expected to reach around 42 degrees today. We will have other very hot days over the next week. The grass here is extremely dry. I didn't go to work today, partly because I am over the permitted amount of work hours, but mostly because of this heat. I stayed up late last night and then got up very early this morning to do clothes washing and vacuming. I've kept the cat and dog inside with me while I lay on the sofa reading a book with the fan going full pelt on me. I also put cold water and a few drops of lavender oil and have popped in it a few times to cool down. The dog and cat have stayed close to me all day resting too. My bushfire plan is that I grab a few quick bags of important things, take the dog and cat and drive north-west. I've had my computer on the fire alert page all day and thankfully there are only small contained grass fires which are a fair way from me. It's quite windy which is eerie. My housemate went to Sydney last week so I'm here on my own.

I'm quite bothered that David has been outdoors doing hard manual work today. Somebody offered him very cheap grass hay which is lying in the paddocks, and he says that today is the only day he can collect it. So far he has gotten 80 bales and had to finish around 2.30pm. He's resting at his place and planning to go back later today when it has cooled down a little. As well, he is working outdoors tomorrow. Please God and the Universe, keep him safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well The Universe has been taking care of us. There was a bushfire in the community where I live 2 nights ago. It was on the road I usually travel home on, but I ended up being 3 hours late coming home and got 3 phone calls from people on my mobile telling me it was on the news. I took a long detour and by the time I got to our community, it had been put out.

I am also being looked after in the workplace, but now I have an important request for The Universe. Please take care of my mother. She has been in hospital for some time and doctors feel there is little more they can do for her. She suffers from many health problems and also severe depression. She has not been responsive to treatment this time and doctors have recommended she go to another hospital and then be put on a nursing home list. This is painful for us all and mum is not really able to have a discussion about it. None of us want her in a home. She always used to say to me that she wanted to die in her own home, but now she is scared to come home and had a panic attack last time she was here. She had been having a LOT of support in the home - even a nurse coming twice a day as well as carers and my sisters, but she isn't even well enough for that right now. I wanted to go home but she apparently doesn't want anyone to see her as she is, and kept saying to me: "It's a long way to come". I will go home after my own hospital stuff is finished - I just so want her to be well. Please God and The Universe, help my mum.

Thanks SS and Cheet. I spoke to my mother on the phone today. She is very down and it was quite distressing. I miss her very much. She told me "not to waste money" coming to see her and that she will speak to me on the phone. I think that she will likely be transferred to a different hospital. The treatment she has been getting for her depression doesn't seem to be working this time. We are running out of options though. My mum has had such a hard life, I especially hate that her situation is not good. She deserves a much better life. I hope so much that she can be happy again and become well enough to go back to her own home. Even if she can't go home, I pray that she can become happy and that she is not in pain or discomfort.

Hugs SS. MY Mum was born with an auto-immune dissorder and this was only diagnosed late in life. She was a sickly baby and young child though became well in childhood. Then she became ill again in her early thirties. She would just get every flu or virus that was going around and also developed severe asthma. It wasn't until at least 10 years later that the diagnosis was made. I have a distant cousin who has the same inherited condition. Mum had 4 siblings who died in childhood and I wonder if they had the same undiagnosed dissorder. For many years now, she has had plasma transfusions every 28 days. So she has been sick since I was 11 and has periods of wellness. Then around 6 years ago, she developed severe mood swings and attempted suicide. She was diagnosed with Prednisone-induced mood dissorder, possibly bipolar. She also had several lots of surgery for various medical conditions including a quadruple bypass around 2 years ago.

I think a lot of Mum's depression though is linked to poor self-esteem - she was sent to boarding schools, etc from the age of 5 as her own mother was unwell. She was sent to nun's who were cruel and a couple of years ago, Mum received a small payout from the church as did many other people as one of the "institutions" she was in was exposed publicly for the abuse they inflicted on children in their care. My father did not treat my mother well, left her and remarried when Mum would have been in her 40's. That devastated her. She is 75 now and I think she is still pretty though these last couple of years has looked very pale to me.

Over the years, she has done so much for so many people. She has a heart of absolute gold. I love my Mum and always have though I was a horrible, horrible teenager and regret this though my Mum is in denial about this and says I wasn't.

If anyone in the world deserves happiness and peace, it's my Mum. I hope The Universe and God will heed this and send some good energy to my mother.

I hope things are good in your world SS. If there are any messages you would like to send to The Universe and/or God, feel free to post them here. XXXX

Archived