Do men prefer trashy over classy?

Ladytmt

Why does it seem that the guys who have something going for themselves, nice looking, educated prefer a trashy woman? Here I am very classy, never exposing half my boobs and ass in public, educated, descent career, and seems like all is left for me to choose from is a trashy man! My ex cheated and left me for an uneducated unpretty little girl who knew me and him were together so here u have two cheaters attracted to each other who are now engaged.

I've began to accept that but am terribly discouraged as it does not seem to be any preferable single men. Either they are married, living with someone, just looking for sex, are jobless, don't take care of themselves physically, etc.

Maybe I need to accept the fact that nothing is out there for me or just become trashy and try to take a married man or an attached man in order to get somewhere, helll it was done to me!!!

But then I know it's not in me to go after a man who's already attached because I

wouldn't want someone to do that to me, but it's already been done to me.

Good guys and girls finish last but it's started to look bleek for me, I give up!!!

Everybody keeps saying he's out there and u haven't found him yet, but I don't think so!!

I see myself as quite a catch so I have enough of a brain to know that when I find a good girl I don't let go so easily. Trust me you will find a man smart enough to hold on tightly to you and every pain and frustration that you have been through prior to him will all be worth it.

Well you can look at it like your the victim but the guy was worthless if he cheated and left you. In a way she's done you a favor from getting rid if that fool from your life. It's his loss.

Don't be trashy, you'll attract the wrong type of guys, Being yourself will attract the kind of man your looking for.

If you're talking about the way they dress, then seeing as it's the 2012, I'm not sure how dressing provocative make someone "trashy". It really depends on the venue.

But your ex seems like trash and what that girl did was also trashy, but that's why they're together. Why would you have anything to do with people like that? Good riddance!

I prefer classy women but I think when I was in university I was occasionally attracted to women that were trashy. I don't have a reasonable expectation other than maybe immaturity. Maybe on some level a guy thinks that a trashy looking woman will be a demon in bed?

If you're talking about the way they dress, then seeing as it's the 2012, I'm not sure how dressing provocative make someone "trashy". It really depends on the venue.

But your ex seems like trash and what that girl did was also trashy, but that's why they're together. Why would you have anything to do with people like that? Good riddance!

Dressing provocatively gives guys the impression that if they try their luck with her, they will get get lucky in bed. It is about first impressions. Sure the one who dresses provactively may actually be classier than the person who dresses classy...but first impressions are often what attracts men to women..so the provocatively dressed woman will get more men flocking after her because of what they imagine they will be doing with that woman by the end of the night. Someone who is dressed conservatively will give the "oh she is a prude and won't be up for anything" impression to a guy looking to score.

I have observed the same phenomenon where more & more men who appear to be classy tend to fall for trashy women. Perhaps nice is boring...It does not mean we should stoop down to their level. In most cases, when the time comes to tie the knot, men usually will bring a good woman home. Especially if they have themselves been burnt. But most men are not ready to settle down hence the game playing & sleeping with trashy women.

I see myself as quite a catch so I have enough of a brain to know that when I find a good girl I don't let go so easily. Trust me you will find a man smart enough to hold on tightly to you and every pain and frustration that you have been through prior to him will all be worth it.

Thanks, this is very positive!

Well you can look at it like your the victim but the guy was worthless if he cheated and left you. In a way she's done you a favor from getting rid if that fool from your life. It's his loss.

Don't be trashy, you'll attract the wrong type of guys, Being yourself will attract the kind of man your looking for.

Ok, thanks! I know its not in me to be trashy and go after attached men, I'm just so ready for something good to happen in my life especially after what he put me through!

For some its the way they dress but then just girls who are plain hoars or go after attached men is what I also would say is trashy. I;m like why can't they go find their own man!!! But like you say he and she are trash and they probably deserve each other.

I prefer classy women but I think when I was in university I was occasionally attracted to women that were trashy. I don't have a reasonable expectation other than maybe immaturity. Maybe on some level a guy thinks that a trashy looking woman will be a demon in bed?

If its just sex then the maturity level must be very low! A classy woman can be a demon in the bed as well!!!!

To answer the initial question, yes some men do want trashy over classy. It seems that you have had some bad experiences but those previous bad experience do not mean that you will not meet a guy in the future that youre interested in and has the qualities that you want.

Thanks, I;m trying to stay positive but what Ive met so far has not been good!

I have observed the same phenomenon where more & more men who appear to be classy tend to fall for trashy women. Perhaps nice is boring...It does not mean we should stoop down to their level. In most cases, when the time comes to tie the knot, men usually will bring a good woman home. Especially if they have themselves been burnt. But most men are not ready to settle down hence the game playing & sleeping with trashy women.

I think this is very true!

It's the same question that men ask. Why do women go after trashy guys? The uneducated, abusers, users, druggies and half-hearted ones? What is this thrill that they're seeking to find? Why won't women give nicer, classier guys the time of day but give a guy who disrespects and mistreats them all the chances in the world?

So you see, that same general question can be posed back to women also. It's not just the men; it goes both ways. The answer is simple -- Gluttony for punishment -- That is a reflection of what is on the inside. Someone who truly values whats on the inside and has really good self-esteem would never allow someone to mistreat or abuse them. These are the people you often hear say things like that they deserve it. They're not good enough or in your case they just simply give up. Except when they give up, that usually means that they wind up settling.

The problem is, if you give up, then I say ***k this and give up, we're never going to find each other. If Thorshammer gives up and then Crazyaboutdogs gives up, they're never going to find each other. If MissFireCracker gives up and BrianH46 gives up, they're never going to find each other. So if we're always giving up on each other, or were always choosing trashy over classy because we feel like we won't win, then all that is ever going to be left in this world is trashy.

I see what your are saying, but I still believe what my ex chose was a downgrade and a slap in my face. I was 100% loyal and didn't think about cheating problems or no problems! In my case I think his self esteem was low so he went with the other girl due to his own insecurities and perhaps because he got caught.

• 2 years later...
I see what your are saying, but I still believe what my ex chose was a downgrade and a slap in my face. I was 100% loyal and didn't think about cheating problems or no problems! In my case I think his self esteem was low so he went with the other girl due to his own insecurities and perhaps because he got caught.

So, its been 3 years since the last post. i honestly wonder if things have improved for you guys. I actually had a similar thing that happening to me back in 2012. My ex has left me for a trashy Plenty Of Fish woman with a bunch of tatoos, a kid from an illigal alien that got deported and a semi-dispetchering career you get the picture. Immagine the shame. Oh, we were engaged, lived in a house that was his but it was remodeled on both of our paychecks. We actually worked on our future together. until he went into some funk... So I am still buffled by the whole thing...

I am not one to brag but I come from an amazing traditional but very open minded household. No one in my family got divorced and we are allvery close. I still feel guilty over my parents loosing deposits on the planned wedding that never happened but don't want to bring the issue up because the whole situation hurts my folks too... I have a great career which is rewording both financially and also makes me happy. I would say that I look fairly discent too... I am tall, blonde... So it really beats me of whatexactly happened.

Archived