4 years no ring-Opinions Wanted

Honey1

I think that if you really want marriage, don't ask him to live with you. If my boyfriend, after we know we both want marriage and not to live together first (unless it was just before the wedding our stuff was all together for convenience), asked me to move in with him, I would feel it was a sign that he changed his mind about marriage.

I think that asking him to live with you is a whole different proposition or subject. I think that you chickened out a little. Instead of using moving in as a litmus test, as you really in your heart of hearts want to be married, not "just living together," you should talk about marriage.

Right now, although I would love to marry my boyfriend, I would turn him down on living together as we have a greater goal and the same goal of marriage.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that if you really want marriage, don't ask him to live with you. If my boyfriend, after we know we both want marriage and not to live together first (unless it was just before the wedding our stuff was all together for convenience), asked me to move in with him, I would feel it was a sign that he changed his mind about marriage.

I think that asking him to live with you is a whole different proposition or subject. I think that you chickened out a little. Instead of using moving in as a litmus test, as you really in your heart of hearts want to be married, not "just living together," you should talk about marriage.

Right now, although I would love to marry my boyfriend, I would turn him down on living together as we have a greater goal and the same goal of marriage.

well said here.

What were his reasons or excuses for not moving in with you?

What are you reasons for waiting at this point?

What is going to happen over the next 6 months that will change things?

I don't think you have anything to lose at this point if you ended it with him. It could go 2 ways, he would decide to marry you or he would let you go which means he never was going to marry you anyway. You really can't lose here other than dealing with a broken heart for awhile. Really isn't it better to know now than much later?

His reasons- he wouldn't be comfortable moving into MY place.

He has a few finances he wants to take care of before he takes that step.

My reasons for waiting- I really want to be with him so I'm trying to be patient.

Over the next 6 months- September.....who knows but if we haven't made any progress and he's still giving me excuses.....I can't anymore.....I'll walk.

You're right, at this point, I don't have much to lose.

I think that if you really want marriage, don't ask him to live with you.

I think that you chickened out a little.

Well what's done is done, I can't un-ask him. I didn't chicken out, I would never propose marriage to him so I wasn't straying from my plan or anything.

Well what's done is done, I can't un-ask him. I didn't chicken out, I would never propose marriage to him so I wasn't straying from my plan or anything.

You won't ask him to marry you but you'll ask him to live with you knowing that he knows you want marriage and that's why you're asking? I don't really see the difference.

• 9 months later...

Archived