How long is your commute?

definitely do not go further an an hour and a half. i commuted from jersey to connecticut monday-friday for seven months. it was torture. sometimes id be in the car, one way, 2 hours because of traffic. in total 4 hours of driving a day. i am now working 25 min drive and it is WONDERFUL. definitely not more than an hour and a half.

I commute 45 minutes to work one way - sometimes an hour in traffic. It's really at the borderline of too much, to be honest. I'm often thinking about moving closer to work... then again... I haven't done it yet - so I guess it's doable. I wouldn't want to go even one block farther, though.

My commute for most of the years I worked was about a 30-40 minute walk (took about the same by public transportation). In my early 20s I commuted over an hour each way because they were jobs I really wanted. For some of the years that I commuted I was on my blackberry communicating with work much of the time.

my dad has an hour and a half commute each way and with traffic it can often be close to 2 hours. The city I am looking in that has a lot more jobs is about an hour away but I really don't know if I could deal with commuting that far.

Can you deal with foregoing job opportunities because of the time it will take to get there and back?

Takes me ~15 minutes to get to work. I ride a 225cc motorcycle and my gas cost is around $10-15 per week. A car would add 15-20 minutes to my commute and of course, be more expensive. My motorcycle is around 3x more effective on gas than a car.

If I ever had to travel more than 30 minutes to get to work, I would probably move.

35 mins on public transit - 15 mins by car. Id drive in but parking downtown costs like $30 a day.

Ive done the commute from suburbia to the core, and that was like 80 mins door to door. Walking to the train station, commuter train to suburbia, then the fights to leave the parking lot of the train station. I hated every day of it and love being back in the city.

My commute is awesome - I drive out to various suburbs for work and I live inner-city, so I am always going the opposite way of traffic

I commute 15-30 minutes each way depending on what community I'm going to.

I have commuted 50 minutes/day and I wouldn't recommend anything more than that, depends on the opportunity available though.

I just can't see myself being able to handle a long commute before and after working all day. I'm also just not a huge fan of driving.

I definitely understand that. I live in a major city, and it takes me 2 hours each way to commute to work. I use public transport, and it's an absolute killer. I leave the house at 5:30 am, and I don't get home until 8 or 9 at night - sometimes longer depending on whether the trains and buses decide to break down. That plus after working a hellish long day, it's torture to have to travel with rush hour, crowded trains, headaches, angry rude people...god I hate it!

The next job I take I will make sure is within driving distance of about 30 minutes.

Currently commuting 30 minutes (15 minutes if no traffic).

When I commuted into D.C. from Maryland it took about 2 hours ONE WAY with traffic (which would take about 45 minutes on a weekend without traffic). That was when I was working my way through school and desperate for work. I had to go where the work was and, unfortunately in today's economy that has never been more true.

Archived