Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not still call the doc tomorrow and get some mess to keep on hand so u can combat it if it arises again?

My mom is always on me about that Ren. She takes amitriptyline as a preventative. But she still gets migraines anyway. But who knows I might consider it as a preventative .

My father-in-law's still the same. Apparently they sedate him because he keeps trying to escape the hospital.

It was so spectacularly awesome not to have a migraine today. My husband and I went out for lunch and went out for a drive. We just talked and held hands. It was just bliss.

Pain

The pain occurs only on one side of the head (unilateral), around the eye (orbital), particularly above the eye (supraorbital), in the temple (temporal), or in any combination. The pain of CH is remarkably greater than in other headache conditions, including severe migraine. The term "headache" does not adequately convey the severity of the condition; the disease may be the most painful condition known to medical science.[10] The pain is described as burning, stabbing, boring or squeezing and may be located near or behind the eye.[11] Those with cluster headaches may experience suicidal thoughts during an attack as a result of the pain.[12][13]

Other symptoms

The typical symptoms of cluster headache are grouping (cluster) of recurring headache attacks of severe or very severe unilateral orbital, supraorbital and/or temporal pain. If left untreated, attack frequency will range from one attack every two days to eight attacks a day.[2][3] The headache attack is accompanied by at least one of the following autonomic symptoms: drooping eyelid, pupil constriction, redness of the conjunctiva, tearing, runny nose, and, less commonly, facial blushing, swelling, or sweating, commonly but not always appearing on the same side of the head as the pain.[2]

Restlessness (for example, pacing or rocking back and forth), photosensitivity, aversion to light (photophobia) or sensitivity to noise (phonophobia) may occur during a CH. Nausea is a rare symptom, although it has been reported.[5] Secondary effects may include inability to organize thoughts and plans, physical exhaustion, confusion, agitation, aggressiveness, depression and anxiety.[14]

link removed

We might go down and see my father-in-law when my husband gets off shift Saturday morning. At first my mother-in-law didn't want us to come but she left a message today saying it would be okay and she thought it would cheer Dad up. I guess I will just have to wait and see what R wants to do. It's his dad so I guess it's up to him.

So we are going to be going home Saturday morning and staying with my mother-in-law. We will see my father-in-law and then come home on Sunday. Just to hear my mother-in-law so upset breaks my heart. They have been married 56 years. I'm sure she's terrified of losing him. In fact I've never heard my mother-in-law's voice so upset ever in my life. My heart is just breaking for her and it brings tears to my eyes.

Awww thank you sweetie.

Everything just seems so sad with everyone right now. A family member is being buried tomorrow. One of my mom's first cousins her husband passed away. So now she will be alone for the first time in her whole life ever. My mom's cousin went from being at home with her 8 brothers and sisters to being married. And then having her own five kids and then just being the two of them but she said she's never been alone in her whole life ever since the day she was born. And she's not sure how to do that. So to spend 80 years of your life never being alone..... That is just going to leave a huge hole.

I've heard of people dying of a broken heart. Do you think this will happen? I hope not.

Well ,my mom's cousin she's pretty strong. Emotionally speaking that is . She's a tiny tiny woman physically. She's 5 feet tall and about 82 pounds. But she's lived through so many tragedies in her life. When she was young her parents died within six weeks of each other both of cancer. One of her sons lost a limb to cancer. Another one of her sons had a double lung transplant because of a genetic disease that the family carries. One of her grandsons died of cancer at eight years old 10 years ago.

However on the plus side she still has all her siblings. And about 150 odd cousins and spouses with various kids and grandkids. Plus she still has her children and her grandchildren and great grand kids .

As for my mother-in-law she's far more isolated. Her only sibling live six hours away. We live 3 1/2 hours away. And all her other remaining family is in the UK. And I think she only has one friend left still living. So her situation would be far more precarious.

Sorry to bury the stake deeper into your heart, but I think it might benefit you to talk to your husband about starting to think about steps you may need to take in the (hopefully unlikely) event that there's a passing. With only one living friend and virtually no family members but you guys, you may need to think of talking to her about moving into a home or somewhere similar where she's around people. I can only imagine the pain she is going through/may end up going through.

Sorry to bury the stake deeper into your heart, but I think it might benefit you to talk to your husband about starting to think about steps you may need to take in the (hopefully unlikely) event that there's a passing. With only one living friend and virtually no family members but you guys, you may need to think of talking to her about moving into a home or somewhere similar where she's around people. I can only imagine the pain she is going through/may end up going through.

I hear you. I have been thinking about it. I have talked to my husband about the possibility of his dad passing. I think right now everybody is in denial of the possibility. Especially his mom and his sister. My MIL will for sure move if he passes. She has wanted to move for a while now but he won't leave his house . He's a stubborn old little British bulldog. Lol ( yeah they are little old-school English) I think what upsets me about it too is the day that my father-in-law went into the hospital is the day that my grandfather passed away two years ago. My grandfather also died as a result of secondary infections from the flu.

I miss you when you work nights.

Next year my husband wants to go tech crewman. That means the possibility of being away 20 days of every month. He said it might advance his career a little bit faster. I really don't know what to think about that. I think that's more than likely a single person type of job. I think more than likely I'm going to be holding the fort until he retires. Only 14 more years you say?

Oh my God I just read a page with thousands of Canadian military slang terms. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a year. I laughed so hard I barely have a voice left. OMG I had tears streaming. I have a real bizarre sense of humor I know. But hell that was funny. It reminds me of my time in the military.

So sorry about your father in law. Since he is a bit on the cantankerous side, maybe that is good strength to pull him through...

I get what you say about your mother in law. I have seen my parents go through the same. Spouses really do lean on each other for support- but it throws them for a loop when the person they need support from is also the one who is very sick.

I am glad you will be going there this weekend to support them both.

Prayers for all of you-

So sorry about your father in law. Since he is a bit on the cantankerous side, maybe that is good strength to pull him through...

I get what you say about your mother in law. I have seen my parents go through the same. Spouses really do lean on each other for support- but it throws them for a loop when the person they need support from is also the one who is very sick.

I am glad you will be going there this weekend to support them both.

Prayers for all of you-

I never knew how much she emotionally relied on him until just now, you know?

Thanks LUM.

Big ole anxiety attack today or heart attack couldn't decide which. Anyway just to be safe I bought some regular aspirin. I don't want to start becoming a big ole hypochondriac thinking I have everything on the planet. But it is kind of disconcerting when my dad had a heart attack at 39 ,his mother died of a heart attack his grandmother died of a heart attack and his uncle died of a heart attack. And my dad has had five heart attacks and two open-heart surgeries and five strokes. Yeah that will give you something really to think about. I'm more inclined to think it's anxiety and took a pill. I just had my health check up last summer and they said I was fine.

Archived