Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was praising God this morning that that migraine was gone!!! Now I just have the migraine hangover. My son has a migraine today though. My poor boy I wish I could have it for you. I wish I had never handed migraines onto him. So he's home today cuddled up in his bed. I called the two schools to say he wouldn't be in today.

One thing about having a migraine you either feel so drugged you have to sleep 24 hours a day or you can't sleep to save your life. This time for the two weeks I felt so drugged I had to sleep all the time. So at night I slept the sleep of the dead.

We still haven't heard anything about my father-in-law yet but I guess if I hadn't heard from my sister-in-law he must be okay. I guess we'll have to see later today. To hear about him being in the hospital brought me to tears which surprised me. But the old fella hasn't been in the hospital for even five seconds since the day I met him. Not even when he fell and broke all his ribs that one side. Ooh ops I lied he was there for his two knee replacements but only for 2 today's. But he's a tough old fella let me tell you. My husband didn't cry but he did look concerned. But as much as he fears his dad and his dad's criticism he idolizes his father too. I know he will be very broken when his father passes away.

I just talked to my mother-in-law. She sounds god awful! I guess she has the flu and a sinus infection but stopped taking her antibiotics because they make her throw up. I said call the doctor and get a different kind. She said my father-in-law staying in the hospital because he has the flu and pneumonia. He also had a fall while he was dazed and confused while still at home. They did an MRI and he's fine. I tried calling around the squadron to get hold of my husband and after the seventh extension finally got through to him.

My husband no longer needs to be supervised in his work at all or have it signed off by anybody else. He can supervise other people's work and sign their work off. So basically he is signing his signature to the fact that an aircraft is flight worthy. Also his promotion should be coming up soon.

As of yesterday my father-in-law was still the same. I'm hoping to hear today that there is improvement. According to my sister-in-law they have him slightly sedated because he's not cooperative about being told what to do. He's not comfortable in the least staying anywhere other than his home or staying anywhere he doesn't want to be. It's his way or no friggin way in every situation and every single place. So they have him sedated so he's more cooperative. But I really hope there's some improvement today.

It has upset me a lot more than I actually thought it would. I guess maybe because in the last little while I have been treated with respect and consideration more than the whole time I got treated in the past 26 years. It has softened my heart towards them. And of course the concern for my husband and my son.

My husband got through to the hospital to find out about his dad. Apparently his dad has been combative and had to be restrained and medicated. That made me burst into tears because I understand that he's afraid. I have suspected for years that his dad has PTSD from living through the war as a kid. And he's afraid and wants to go home. I am just so upset about this.

Archived