Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

So I think I have everything nailed down for an assessment for R. Now I just have to make an appointment for him with the psychiatrist. Then I pay out of pocket and then the MFF and my insurance company pay me back. I called the psychiatrist office though and the secretary calls YOU back. You leave your name and number. Yeah, everyone has thousands of $$ laying about doing nothing. Oiy.

I went to a meeting for Bible Camp this morning. And I work this afternoon.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new documentary on Autism On Netflix had some interesting features. Most of it was about getting legislation for insurance support in the US which wasn't of too too much interest to me. It is important for the people in that country but did not really apply to me. What was of interest to me was they are discovering there are different subsets of people with autism. The different subgroups have different multiple causes. One subset might have a cause of inflammation in the brain which they can help reduce which reduces symptoms of autism. Another subset they have discovered antibodies in the mother's body which attacks the fetus and causes autism. So if they can get rid of the antibodies in the mother's body those fetuses might be saved.

The new documentary on Autism On Netflix had some interesting features. Most of it was about getting legislation for insurance support in the US which wasn't of too too much interest to me. It is important for the people in that country but did not really apply to me. What was of interest to me was they are discovering there are different subsets of people with autism. The different subgroups have different multiple causes. One subset might have a cause of inflammation in the brain which they can help reduce which reduces symptoms of autism. Another subset they have discovered antibodies in the mother's body which attacks the fetus and causes autism. So if they can get rid of the antibodies in the mother's body those fetuses might be saved.

Sounds interesting Vic!

I heard from my mom that my foster sister has been picking on my son. She has never picked on him before. But apparently she's nitpicking him to death. And he's trying his best to be agreeable. He has also been hearing the horrible things that she says to my mom and his jaw just drops. Well I'm sorry but if she's going to pick on my son she's not coming to my house.

She has also been in contact with her father over Facebook. And he has been telling her that for her 16th birthday my mother should pay for a coming out party ,buy her a car and buy her driving driving lessons. HHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHA!!!! Yeah, right. So she asked my mother what I got for a 16th birthday party. My mother told her ,L had 5 people over and they had pizza and cake. And she sure as hell didn't get a car or driving lessons and neither are you.

That child is just coming apart at the seams. And there's nothing anybody can do about it. And as pissed as it makes me that she tries to flay my mother alive for her problems she's not going to do that to my son too. Like HELL that is going to happen. She's not using my son as her scapegoat for her issues.

It really sucks that your mother is expected to pay for everything and care for your foster sister, but has no say over what she does. I really feel for you and your moms frustration. That girl needs counseling ASAP. Sad

Well CAS does pay for some things like food and modest clothing and shelter allowance. They certainly are not going to pay for cars. None of us 5 kids ever got cars or lessons paid for so she certainly is not. Her birth father is the most arrogant a hole out there. He signed his rights off to her in a heart beat.

She was in therapy, she quit . Her worker said she can not be forced it is her right to quit.

I had a really really good talk with my aunt,my dad's sister. I told her lots of things about my dad but he did that were just plain mean and evil. And she really validated what I had to say which I really really appreciated. She also told me things about my dad that I never knew and that my mother never even knew. Apparently when he was a teenager he would throw fits of rage and put holes in the walls. And the fits of rage were totally unprovoked. And as a teenager he was relentlessly picked on in school because of those fits of rage. Sometimes he would just burst into tears because he was so full of rage and then the other kids would pick on him. And that is why my dad left school in grade 11 and left home. And she said he was always really strange and awkward and inappropriate . And that the only girl he actually even attracted was my mom. Other girls went on one or 2 dates with him and ran like hell. And for some reason even as a teenage boy he hated women and hated any woman with authority. She said it would drive him right over the deep end for any woman to have authority especially over him.

And my aunt told me something that my dad did that was really horrible to his parents. When my brother was 18 months old he was a sliver's hair away from death. The doctors told my parents that it was almost 100% certainty that my brother was going to die. My dad abandoned my mom and my brother in the hospital. My mom stayed with my baby brother and endlessly over a few nights kept trying to get him to drink. My father phoned his parents from a payphone because my parents didn't have a phone and told them that my brother was going to die and then he never called them back. So they were on pins and needles not knowing what was happening to their grandson.

Archived