Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is your cousin ill or does she have an eating disorder?

She has an eating disorder and has since she was 16. She is 43 now. She has already had three heart attacks from her eating disorder. She has been to five in-house clinics but refused to stay. She is really not recoverable which is sad. In fact she's not even functional and completely agoraphobic and hasn't left her home in a couple years now.

She has an eating disorder and has since she was 16. She is 43 now. She has already had three heart attacks from her eating disorder. She has been to five in-house clinics but refused to stay. She is really not recoverable which is sad. In fact she's not even functional and completely agoraphobic and hasn't left her home in a couple years now.

That is so sad. I used to have a roommate that had bulimia. My other old roommate and I were talking last night and wondering if she was still alive so many years later... It was tough being her roommate. Very tough.

Today my son starts his new volunteer position that was tailor-made for him. The director of volunteers made a special position for him just as a favour to me. I can't thank her enough. He will be running videogame competitions for the children 6 to 12 that are in daycare for the summer. And one day after school during the year. It will be for an hour one day a week.

Okay, these parents with kids with allergies better get back to me. I left you my name and number and the fact that I would have to substitute snacks. We are all adults here and you are the people with children with problems. Pretty soon I'm going to make up my mind what we are substituting the snack with and you can go suck a hat.

"If you do not get back to me with what snacks are acceptable, I will making and serving peanut-pine nut crusted baked cheese balls (made with REAL cheese!!), dusted with a savoury coating of gluten wheat powder."

That'll show 'em.

Sorry, I'm in a cheeky mood.

"If you do not get back to me with what snacks are acceptable, I will making and serving peanut-pine nut crusted baked cheese balls (made with REAL cheese!!), dusted with a savoury coating of gluten wheat powder."

That'll show 'em.

Sorry, I'm in a cheeky mood.

LOL!! That is exactly where I'm at Fudgie. I mean holy crap I have 36 kids for just the kindergarten class alone. And Bible camp goes from kindergarten to grade 6. So you can imagine how many children I'm preparing snacks for. I'm about ready to lose my crap. And I had a list of the children with allergies I called their parents gave them my name and number and and ask them what an appropriate substitution would be for their child. I have four days worth of snacks to cover here. And there's every allergy under the sun. One lady trying to tell me her son's allergic to apple peel! Wth?! And you know not one single person has got back to me. And I'm not chasing them either. They should be getting right on that.

I don't understand why kids these days have so many allergies. They seem to be sprouting up all the time and in new varieties too like spring flowers. We had a FEW diabetic kids and no-peanut kids when I was growing up but that was it and no one died. Sorry, I just don't get it. How many different allergies do you have to work with? Funny that you mention the apple peel because I was going to suggest small, fresh apples. I buy some at the grocery sometimes that are quite small, "kids' apples", and perfect for my small stomach. Seems like a cheap, healthy, easy snack for kids. But apple peel? Well I guess that's out the window.

You can't cater to everyone without losing your hair in the process. Maybe make 2 different snack and give them a choice? Maybe small apples could be one of the choices. I hope the children know what they can/can't eat, lol, or else you're going to need some Epi pens and an ambulance accompanying you.

Well we have some kids with peanut allergy probably about six. That's easy everything we have is peanut-free. First day we are having fruit kabobs so everybody should be good with that. And then there's about five people with allergies to every kind of cow dairy products. Well one day we are having ice cream. So those kids are going to have to have something else. And buddy with the apple peel allergy I guess I'll just have to take the peel off his apples on his kabob. And the thing is I have to go out and buy all the stuff and the church pays me back later. So it is probably about a good $400 in groceries for snacks for four days.

I just don't know why people can't get back to me you know?

I don't know either. Allergies can be pretty bad. If I were a parent with a kid with a bad allergy, I'd make him wear a medical bracelet and I'd suggest alternative snacks lest he eats something that would make him blow up. Then again, I've had an allergy attack in the past that landed me in the ER cause I couldn't breathe, so I definitely understand first hand how scary it is.

I'm glad you are getting reimbursed though. that's a lot of food.

I don't know either. Allergies can be pretty bad. If I were a parent with a kid with a bad allergy, I'd make him wear a medical bracelet and I'd suggest alternative snacks lest he eats something that would make him blow up. Then again, I've had an allergy attack in the past that landed me in the ER cause I couldn't breathe, so I definitely understand first hand how scary it is.

I'm glad you are getting reimbursed though. that's a lot of food.

That's the thing though right? You would think as a parent if you know your child has a severe allergy you would get right on that? That's what has me shaking my head about the whole deal. What will probably happen is Monday morning They will have 1 million questions for me and substitutions. Well it's too late then Jack I purchased everything.

Online Quiz about what kind of biatch you are. Here is what I got.

You got: Bad Biatch

You are the baddest kind of biatch around. You laugh in the face of danger, and then kick it in the nuts.

My son started to laugh hysterically until he cried then said, yup mom, that's you.

Today my son starts his new volunteer position that was tailor-made for him. The director of volunteers made a special position for him just as a favour to me. I can't thank her enough. He will be running videogame competitions for the children 6 to 12 that are in daycare for the summer. And one day after school during the year. It will be for an hour one day a week.

That is so great! I am sure he will enjoy it! And good experience for him.

Archived