Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My ramblings

KH26

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. We just don't get on that well really. So unfair!

I've had a good weekend (even though I've been ill for most of it). Spent the night at Tom's on Saturday. Was so tired I'd falled asleep by 7 though, such a light weight lol. Yesterday we went to the beach. I haven't been to the beach in ages. This beach is cool. There's an island and when the tide is out you can walk accross the beach to the island. It was hard walking to it because the wind was blowing really strong at us and the island's about a mile away. But it was worth it when we got there. There's ruins of an old church and house on there, must have been freezing to live there! Then we made tea and had cake then came home.

I'm going to see MCR tonight with my best friend as an early birthday present. I'm so excited. I haven't seen her in a while, haven't been to a concert in a while either so it should be fun!

You'll love it! It was so cold but worth going. Thanks! My appointment isn't till the 16th because I'm going on holiday but I'm glad to have an appointment at least.

Last night was AWESOME! I think I might have gone deaf though lol. We thought we almost missed the concert. Liz (friend) said the tickets hadn't been sent to her because they'd printed them wrong or something so we had to collect them from the Box Office. But we had to get off the train at the wrong station because there was a problem with the train signals and they'd cancelled a lot of trains. I've only been to this arena once and that was a few years ago before they built a few different shopping centres around the area, so everything looks different now. Then a few girls were talking about the concert so we followed them... but they went into a pub and we realised we'd been walking in the complete opposite direction to where we should have been going! But we got there eventually and thankfully it all started late, we queued for like 2 hours. So plenty of time (but we were very wet!). Anyway. It was worth all the waiting round and stuff (and the deafness and very painful feet from standing for 7 hours without sitting down at all and almost starving lol). We're going to try to go to more concerts this year! We made some random new friends lol.

A very lazy day for me today I think. I hurt everywhere haha.

I love the smell too! I couldn't smell it much on Sunday I think because it was so windy but when we got near the rocks and we were sheltered from the wind a bit I could smell it. I'd love to live near the sea. I hate going in further than my ankles too. When we went to Spain last year I refused to go in any further, Tom was swimming all the time lol, I was paranoid about what was in there. The sea just doesn't seem like a clean place to swim to me

Your honeymoon at the beach will be really nice!

I have watched WAY too many shark special to get in past my ankles. No thank you. That's why they invented pools and water parks at the beach, lol. CS has swam with Great Whites - in the cage diving thing - which I thought was super awesome. It's just something about the smell of the air, the sound of the waves crashing... if I could live there I would.

Such a dramatic morning!

I was having some coffee in the supermarket cafe. This poor woman sitting behind me collapsed on the floor. I thought he had tripped then thought she was having a fit but the old man with her said she has diabetes. So I called an ambulance. Stupid supermarket worker was bending over her and wouldn't get out of the way for me to check she was breathing OK and things. The man on the phone was telling me to check if she could smile and lift her arms because he thought she'd had a stroke but the supermarket woman wouldn't even let me and was going "come on stupid, just tell them to get an ambulance here" was like ermm what do you think I'm doing? She just wouldn't move.

Anyway. The paramedics came and took her to hospital. The old man who was with her was so nice. I really wanted to know she was OK. I felt bad because her husband is working about a hour away and no one could get in touch with him. And the poor old man was distressed because he wouldn't be able to get home from the hospital so I gave him my phone number and said to call if he needs anything or needs a lift from the hospital. He said he'd call to let me know how she is anyway. He said her blood sugar levels were down (I think) this morning and she didn't look well so sounds like that's what was wrong. Aww I hope she's OK!

Whoooooaaaaa! My friend got a card of a secret admirer on Valentine's day. They got together the next day and last night they got engaged. She put it on Facebook last night, I thought it was a joke at first but she's posted a picture of the ring and everything

Ah OK I'm completely stupid, it was a joke that got out of hand. The new boyfriend changed her relationship status to engaged as a joke then posted a picture of someone elses ring, pretended to be her saying she was excited and things. I'm dumb! I totally believe in if you know it's right then go for it, and 4 months doesn't seem too soon but 5 days would have been a bit lol. Especially because she's in uni, super intelligent (not that that makes a difference if she wants to get married and things) and just isn't the type to want to get married and settle down just yet.

Yes, I'm dumb!

I'm so excited. Tom got his job! Super super excited. We're not sure exactly where it's going to be yet but it's definitely going to be in 3 of the hospitals around here. He's staying for at least 3 years, means we can finally live together

I knowwww! I'm so excited! It's my birthday Saturday but we can't do anything because he's working 12 hours but Friday he's only working till 1 so we're going out for a joint birthday/getting the job celebration dinner and drinks. I'm so happy!

Aww I've just got a big parcel and envelope with Tom's mum's handwriting on. I'm sure it's a birthday present but I'm dying to open it lol.

YAY! Tom text before he went to bed saying he got an email saying he's going to be working in the area he's living now which is where he's been wanting to work and this has been what he's been wanting to do since he moved here. I'm so pleased for him because he's really happy. And, not that it was causing tension but I think Tom was worried that we don't get to spend enough time together because he works long hours and at strange time. But he should be working more like 9-5 when he starts his new job in August so that's good.

Very pleased!

Gah my family annoy me. My brother's just rung me all annoyed because I said for my birthday I'm going for dinner with Tom and I'm staying there tomorrow night. My niece's birthday is the same day as mine (Saturday). So he's told me I have to come exactly when he says or I won't get to give her my present. So now I'm sending her a card and present and won't get to see her on her birthday But my brother's completely ignored the fact that it's my birthday too, just insisted on me sending my niece something (which, obviously, I was going to do anyway). Grr third year in a row where my birthday will be ignored then!

I've just spoken to my ex for the first time in, like, 3 years. He was in the shop I was in, we talked for a bit which was strange. Last time I spoke to him I was extremely mad at him and we ended on bad terms. Anyway. He's moving in with his girlfriend (the girl he cheated with when he was with me). Said he was busy packing, was stressed etc, just normal chit chat. He talked about his job which was a touchy subject when we were together. He now seems pretty settled where he's working. When we were together he was supposed to be studying which would have led to a promotion. But he was just interested in going out till all hours with his friends, sleeping late and was always late for work, almost lost his job. Seems like he's still just out all the time though from what he said. Anyway, I said I was pleased things are going well and wished him all the best, he said the same back to me. And I genuinely do hope things work out for them. And I hope he sticks at what he's doing and doesn't screw things up for himself like he did before. Was good to be able to have a conversation without shouting at eachother though, didn't happen much when we were together. Goes to show we were completely wrong together I guess!

Eee celebratory and birthday drinks and dinner with Tom tomorrow the going to cook my family and Tom something Saturday (veggie and sausage casserole I think). I'm excited about tomorrow! Feel like we can relax and enjoy the day and finally celebrate Tom getting the job he wanted

Archived