Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My ramblings

KH26

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I know! He hasn't liked the job at all to be honest but can imagine it must be difficult knowing no one's happy with your decision. Even if they don't agree with it I reckon they should just keep their opinions to themselves. He doesn't need it less than a week before the interview of the job he REALLY wants to get.

I've had the worse day ever. So many things have gone wrong. I have to decide so many things by tomorrow... eurgh. Need to calm down.

Argh so... yesterday. So bad.

I was with Tom most of the day, we were having a really good day. We even went to look at houses for an idea for when he moves jobs and he's sure where he's going to be living. Was good.

Then I came home and everything was wrong. My mum has had mental health issues for years (not diagnosed with anything because she refuses to get help). It's mean, I know it is, but I'm at the end of my tether. She needs to get help or I'm just not sticking around helping anymore. She's stollen money off me and my dad to buy drink (yes, she's an alcoholic too) so many times. Once she even managed to get money off my bank card, took quite a bit and my car insurance wasn't able to take a payment so I was driving around illegally without knowing it, I ALWAYS make sure there's money there for my car payments and car insurance payments. And she's just done so many other things that I just can't forgive anymore.

Before Christmas she was taking into hospital because she'd taken some pills and was threatening to kill herself. Around this time she was in the car with me one day (after I'd picked her up from my college, she was doing a course there, and she was completely drunk, like, not able to stand drunk). She told me while we were in my car that I should drive my car into a wall and that I'm a coward for not killing myself. I haven't forgiven her for that. I can't. I've been trying to be normal but I struggle. Things just won't go back to as they were before.

So, yesterday. I was at Tom's till about 3, he was going to go to bed to get some rest because he wasn't feeling well and was working all last night (14 hours). When I came home my dad was sitting on the stairs in his coat and shoes waiting for me to come home. I knew something was wrong.

I still don't know what really happened but my mum was at hospital then apparently. She'd taken some money off my dad while he had been out walking, got drunk and went to my cousins house being abusive and upsetting their children (their children are only young, 1, 3 and 5). So they called the police who said they were going to arrest her if she wasn't taken to hospital. So that's where she was when I got home.

So me and my dad went to the hospital, I went to see her and she was telling the doctor that everything is fine, she just had drink, that's all. Rah! Why bother anymore! So they're referring her to a psychiatrist and going to go from there.

I was supposed to be going to my college last night to get some things done so I can complete my work today in work. I couldn't do it. Last night was the last chance I had. I have to carry out some observations on the children I'm working with. There's no school next week, the week after (because school starts back) my work needs to be in. These observations hold most of the marks I need to pass. I'm not going to now. So I need to decide by Monday if I'm going to be able to carry on with college or not. Seems very unlikely at the moment. I'll be wasting 3 years because I might pass at the end but the grades I get will DEFINITELY not be good enough for me to go to university to do what I want to do. I've been told this by the universities and my college tutors. So I'm screwed. My only option now is to work till next year and try to find money to go back.

I know I shouldn't be angry. She can't help it if she's ill but she won't get help. I look after her like a child a lot of the time. She won't eat properly unless I cook meals for her. I come home from work or college and cook, clean, wash dishes, do the washing and just generally run around after her. She won't do anything anymore. I just feel like my life is working, college then looking after my mum. Then all I look forward to is seeing Tom because it's like the only time where things can be normal for a bit. No life at all really.

Poor Tom had to get up from bed and come to the hospital to calm me down because I was so upset. It's not fair on him.

I really don't know what to do now!

Have just been reading the thread about Kelless going 6,604 miles to visit someone she met online and Fudgie posted a link to a UK site to check who lives at what address and who's living with them. Apparently in Tom's one bedroom flat there's 10 women living with him! Wow, busy man! (Lol)

(He lives in a big house that's been converted into flats, there's women living in the house, not in his flat. Can see how things like this can lead to trouble though!)

Haha I know! Seriously, if I'd look at something like that when I first met him I'd be like OMG But in the summer we've spent time in the garden talking to these people and I know their names so not shocking but, yeah, if I didn't know better (and didn't know how small his flat is) I'd be very shocked lol.

I just searched for his name and it has like grey boxes which I suppose if you paid, the address would be there instead of the grey boxes. And then underneath where the address would be there's a list of names of other people living in the building. That's about all I could see though. Didn't know these kinds of things existed over here!

I've been out to get my money for Morocco this morning, so excited. Was a bit of a nightmare though, most of the travel agents didn't even know what the currency is in Morocco

I'm going to Tom's tonight, we're going to have pizza and watch a DVD before he goes to work.

Valentine's day isn't really my kind of thing but I'm looking forward to Monday, first Valentine's day we'll get to spent together!

Lol it's Dirrum apparently (not sure how it's spelt though). In most of the travel agents I went to they just looked at me like I was from a different planet when I asked what the currency is in Morocco and about the exchange rate.

3 weeks and 3 days (not that I'm counting or anything...haha). I'm excited!

I so want to go somewhere in Southern Africa! Don't think Morocco will feel that much like Africa lol. Tom originally wanted to go to southern Spain and get a ferry over to Africa... seemed a lot more complicated than he seemed to think it was lol so we just settled on going to Morocco instead.

Oh sounds really interested! But I'd probably get scared at the last minute and not want to go in!

Wow! The work "English" sort of gives it away a bit though lol. Although some of the slang and accents are a bit... hard to get your head around I suppose!

I'll probably poop myself, no lie. But it would be AWESOME to say I had done it. And lived. lol I want to go to Egypt one day. I love Egypt (granted I wouldn't be there right now) but I would love to see the Pyramids.

Yeah, I have heard what I think is a northern accent (very, very thick) and I couldn't understand them. I'd love to learn Gaelic one day (my family is Irish/English).

Oh I know! I got some brochures this morning for Egypt actually, just to have a look at. Definitely would like to go there when everything is calm again.

Tom's from the North (Newcastle). He's losing his accent a bit because he's moved around a bit but when we've been to visit his parents I have no idea what's going on anywhere

Haha Me and Tom sound completely different but seem to talk a bit like eachother when we're together. He says when I'm talking to people in my family he can hear my accent more than when I'm just talking to him. Strange because I don't notice it at all!

Archived