Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My ramblings

KH26

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really cool! I live quite close to at least 7 beaches. The closest is about 40 minutes away which is not bad. It's really nice in the summer to just be able to go when you want to.

I live near the beach too. My apartment is 30 minutes away!! But when I move back to my parents, I'll be an hour away from the beach, but oh well, it's still not that far. V is moving to live very close to the beach. He'll be 10 minutes away, and can just ride his bike there. I can't wait till he moves there, because then we'll be able to go to the beach a lot and not have to drive.

I'm at the beach all the time. lol. I just love it there, well being outdoors almost anywhere is where I want to be. But the beach is just fun. Last week we had this mini heat wave, it felt like summer. I went and lounged by the pool for a bit when that hit. It was so nice. I want it to be April already, because then V will be living even closer to the beach and it'll be warmer out. I can't wait for summer.

Eurgh I think I'm getting ill. I woke up a few times in the night because I couldn't breathe properly because my nose was blocked and now my throat is really painful. And it's raining pretty hard so our plans for walking this afternoon aren't going to happen, I don't like getting wet!

And I had a dream last night, I think I was in Barcelona in Spain. Was all a bit strange but it was February and it was REALLY hot. I want some sun here! Lol.

Well the weather was really nice yesterday after all the rain and fog cleared. I had a really nice day. Me and Tom went walking again in a country park near my house. We went there a few times last summer but it was always too hot and I got miserable so didn't really enjoy it that much lol. They do really good food and they have a log fire but we got there too late and the cafe was closing. But it was nice going for a walk anyway. There's 4 different tracks, we did the hardest one which we did last summer but then it started getting dark and we couldn't see the coloured posts anymore and there was no light, very scary! Then a man came with a dog and pointed us in the right direction so we got back alive lol.

image removed

Then we came back to my house and tried playing Cluedo (which I got for Christmas) with my mum. Never played before, neither had my mum, Tom was the only one who had any clue how to play it lol. So we got to confused and gave up. So we watched The Hangover and had dinner instead. Nice day!

College today. I have so much work to do, I'm thinking about taking the afternoon off because I work better at home, I get nothing done at college and all we're doing is trying to get work finished. Probably a bit naughty though!

So sad. One of my old school friends has a baby, he was 1 on the weekend. When she was pregnant her then fiance was in the army, he wasn't there for the birth. But then he was coming home in May and she was so excited about him seeing the baby. When he came home everything seemed perfect for a long time. But then they split up because things weren't going right. And now he hasn't seen the baby in months and didn't even get him a card for his birthday So sad. He seemed all eager to be a dad at first not he's just disappeared. Makes me angry when people do this, why would you pretend your child doesn't exist?

Gah I'm so bad at sleeping. For ages I couldn't get to sleep for ages. For the last week I've been sleeping almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. But then I wake up at like 2 and can't get to sleep for ages. Or I'll wake up almost every hour. I don't know what's worst, think this makes me feel more timed than when it just takes me ages to fall asleep. So annoying!

Oh, it's pretty!

Being in the army (I'm assuming he was over in Iraq) can have a profound change on you but I agree, there is no excuess to not be there for your child. It just baffles my mind as well...

I know you guys dont' have Wal Mart but you have something like it... try finding the vitamin supplement Melatonin (whatever that one was I took). I took one that first night I journaled about it and I haven't taken anymore sense but ever since I took it, I have been out by like 1 am and up between 6-9 am well rested. I don't even have to set my alarm these days. :s

Yeah I guess it does. It's not really him though, it just made me think of other people I know who have had boyfriend's etc who have just ignored their child after they're born for no reason other than they just don't want to be dad's I guess.

We have Asda which is the same company as Wal Mart, I'll have a look tomorrow! Tbh though I'm thinking I have an over active thyroid which apparently causes insomnia and restlessness. I've tried so much and nothing really seems to work. It's nice being able to get to sleep straight away in the night though I guess. Can't wait to have some blood tests to find out what's going on. I don't do being tired!

It's weird. Sometimes I work better on less sleep. sometimes I"ll only have five hours and I'll be MORE energized than I do when I sleep for 7-8 hours. It all depends, for me, on how deeply I sleep. I always sleep heavy for 4 hours and then usually wake up a few times after that but if I wake up every hour on the hour, I feel exhausted.

LMAO I love Tom. One of the local supermarkets put flyers through the door every so often. The new one has Valentine's day stuff in it then randomly fire extinguishers . He reckons Valentine's day is a bit silly because you should show the person you love that you love them every day, not just going all out on one day. So so far we've only done simple things. So he's like "I'm not getting all these pink cards, flowers and soppy stuff, I'm getting you a fire extinguisher! A bunch of roses won't save your life in a fire". Apparently for Christmas I was getting a pair of wellies but then he changed his mind. Lmao.

Haha I'll probably be getting a fire extinguisher as a joke present though Lol when his brother got married last year they had an online gift list so we'd already bought something on there but they weren't going to be getting the presents till about 2 weeks after the wedding. So we put a £5 supermarket gift voucher inside their card as a joke present because they didn't know at that point that we'd bought them something else off their online list. They thought we were serious though, was funny watching them try to be enthusiastic about the supermarket gift voucher haha.

Archived