Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My ramblings

KH26

Yes!!! There must be! And while Tom was chopping carrots tonight he cut the top of his finger too, definitely something in the rain lol.

Yay I know! I'm excited. Will be the first Valentine's day we've been able to spend together. He was working last year and the one before that, had to give him his gift and card the day before. I'm excited!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eurgh I feel rubbish today. I'm so tired for no real reason and really want to go back to bed! I've been trying to get my Valentine's gift finished but can't do it with a bandaged hand (which is sore today) and I'm bored! It's so wet and cold I really don't want to go for a walk, I wanted to go swimming but can't now. No work today because the heating needs to be refitted. The highlight of my day has been a trip to the supermarket to buy soup for dinner Exciting! Lol.

I made friends with a girl at college when we started, she didn't have a car so I gave her lifts home because it was near where I live. But then some things happened with her children (some custody things I think, didn't like to ask) and she got a job so she quit. I was quit sad because she was really nice. Hadn't heard from her in a while but she just text asking how college and things are going for me which was nice, we're going to have coffee tomorrow. Will be nice to see her!

It is! I get on well with everyone but really made friends with her and she only lives about 10 minutes away. But then she was having problems with ex (custody stuff I think) and loads of other things came up. Shame she left but hopefully she'll come back next year when things have sorted themselves out a bit.

Today I'm going to go with the girl from college for coffee. Then I have so much college work to do. I always feel like I'm getting no where with it even though I'm doing really well and I am keeping on top of everything. But I don't feel like I'm doing all that well. Will be glad when this assignment's out of the way I suppose.

Later I'm going to go to Ikea! I get too excited about Ikea haha. Need some new mugs and things. But I always come away with loads of stuff I don't really need.

And it's sunny today and the wind has died down, always good!

Argh yep that's what it feels like! And I'm not sure I'm particularly enjoying the course, I'm not really finding it interesting at the moment but I don't think I've given it enough chance either. But I need to stick at it to be able to do what I want to do.

Yay I've almost finished Tom's Valentine's gift. I've been promising him I'd knit him a scarf for ages but haven't got round to it so I've been making him a stripy scarf. Eurgh but my mum's had to finish the last few inches because of my bandaged hand, wanted to finish it myself too. I've also got him beans in a tin that you grown and when they grow there's "I

I'm leaning towards Midwifery at the moment but feel like I might change my mind. I hope I don't though.

If I were to go the nursing route I would want to do the baby route as well.

Question, because I don't know the birthing process there... is it midwives that deliver or can you actually have a doctor deliver in the UK?

Yes! Or I'd quite like to do youth work (my course would allow me to do midwifery or youth work and some other things so it's good I guess!)

Do you know what, I don't know Tom delivered quite a few babies at the end of med school but not sure. I think midwives deliver but I think a doctor has to be present (or at least near by). I'm a bit of a baby nut and read pregnancy forums (sad haha) and that's what it sounds like anyway!

Oh yes, I'm a baby nut as well, lol. I know here it's doctors manily but you CAN have a midwife present. I don't know if it's me being American or what but I would feel more comfortable with a doctor delivering. I would def. like to keep a midwife (someone who has been through the pregnancy with me) near at hand that day but as far as delivering... I dunno. Maybe it's the society I grew up in. *shrugs*

Eurgh college today, stressing that my work isn't good enough even though I've put so much effort into it.

I had to listen to my friend crying last night. She's been with this guy a month. She's unemployed but he's a student and is working after he leaves uni aswell. As soon as they met eachother she was demanding that he takes her to the cinema, bowling, for dinner, lunch, for drinks etc... which seemed wrong to me for her to be asking someone she'd only known a week at that time.

Anyway. He text her last week and said he wouldn't be able to see her for 2 weeks because he's busy with work and uni work and has bills to pay so can't afford to pay for them to do extravagant things all the time, he had to save petrol in his car. But he told her if she wanted to catch the bus to his one day she was more than welcome to come and he'd make dinner and they could go walking somewhere with his new dog (which, tbh, seemed fair enough to me).

She flipped and said he wasn't making any effort, that he HAD to come see her at least every couple of days, that she wouldn't catch a bus to see him and that she didn't just want to go walking to dog and staying in doing things.

So she was crying last night because she hasn't heard from him in a week. She's been texting, ringing and writing on his Facebook wall like every hour but nothing. Hmm didn't know what to say about this. I feel bad that he's ignoring her but it's not fair for her to expect him to pay for stuff all the time either, he's only a student and is only working part time. He has the dog to look after, his bills to pay, a car to run, uni stuff to pay for, food to buy etc. Ah really awkward!

Yep, yikes!

And I was talking to that girl I wrote about before in college today, the one who left the guy she'd met before Christmas and bought her children presents for her ex. Well now she's split up with her ex and is back with the guy she met before Christmas! Wow!

Anyway. College... wasn't too bad today. Think I've got almost everything I need done for my assignment. I really don't know why I'm stressed because it's not due in for another month (well, just under) but I'm in complete meltdown mode over it! I only have to get three things done at work for it then write an evaluation but I'm completely convinced I'm going to fail it and don't know why. Eurgh.

Tom's having some crap off the doctors are work. He has an interview next week, he wants to be a psychiatrist. So he asked his boss and his old boss for some references. Apparently he went into his boss's office yesterday and the boss and some other doctors were talking about Tom and for no reason the boss told him he was a complete idiot for leaving and for wanting to do psychiatry. Think it's dented his confidence a bit. He's worked so hard to get everything together and is so eager about this job, he really wants it. Feel bad for him having someone tell him just a week before the interview that he's an idiot and that he should stick to what he knows because he won't know if he'll enjoy it. Like I just told him on the phone, there's a certain amount of risk with everything you do though, he might choose to do something completely different and decide he hates it. But he did psychiatry before and loved it, I'm pleased he's wanting to do something he enjoyed. I really hope he does well.

His washing machine also broke tonight, well, the electrical socket is broke I think. So he's had to move washing machine out and plugged it into another socket (I thought washing machine's were super heavy!) Seems to be bad luck day today!

A friend at college passed her driving test today, she's been talking about it for ages. Everyone was so pleased for her. But then she came into college crying because she'd lost her USB stick with all her college work on and for some reason deleted all her work off her computer. Eep! Feel bad for her but wow, I'll definitely be backing up everything on my computer to 2 different places from now on!

Archived