So I have been dating my boyfriend a few months now. I want to say it started pretty intense, yet felt right at that time. For example, I have met his parents, gone away on vacation with his family, he said those 3 words to me while I did not reciprocate (but was happy as I could see myself really falling for him).

However...after our trip, I have not really been excited to see him. At first I thought it was my depression and anxiety, but it seems directly related to him now. When we are to hang out, I do not feel excited, and my stomach are in knots. I just don't understand how my feelings could do a 180? I no longer crave sex with him and I Am to spend Christmas with his family. Could it be because we were friends first and I was not initially attracted to him? It makes me sad. I am also going through a lot big transitions right now, such as being promoted in my job and more schooling.

Thanks.

Do you even know him that well?

Because it tends to be that you are excited for the first

few months maybe, then it goes downhill almost, if you haven't

gotten to know his personality and/or other traits, which you can

find attractive, when the initial allure has worn off.

Well we were actually acquaintances before we started dating as I was not initially attracted to him. He does have attractive qualities and he is a good guy, so I don't know why I feel this way. To be honest, I think what also enhanced these feelings is that I was out at a bar about a week ago, which I knew was a mistake right away. I had gone with a couple of guys and was blatantly hit on. Normally I say I have a boyfriend but this time I did not speak up...I knew I made a mistake of going so I did not stay long at all.

Okay.

Well many things come in waves, if you can say that.

So it would be a shame, in some regards, if you let go

of him now, because you don't feel excitement, since

you may do so later on. That's part of a relationship,

weathering those ''bad times''.

Archived