Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so, I applied for two department store jobs and at Bath and Body works. Dept. store #1 seemed alright, you just go into a room and fill out an application. Dept. store #2 was not good. I'm pretty sure the lady threw my resume into the slush pile. Bath and Body works seems promising. The lady came back after me to ask more about hours, etc... I'd be perfectly happy there! I found a nice light robe for Alex, and in each store I went to, I asked for perfume samples. I refuse to pay $90 for a bottle of perfume and I can't stand the knockoff stuff, so I collect samples sometimes. It's kind of like grown-up trick-or-treating.

I got a pack of Harajuku Lovers, Mariah Carey's trio of new perfumes, and Angel by Thierry Mugler (which is not as awesome as "they" say.) I filled up a martini glass in my bathroom with the new samples cuz I'm classy like that, and now I have a scent-a-day thing going on. My absolute favourites are the original Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Amor, Amor, Clinique Happy, and Juicy Couture.

I got my paint-- settled for middle-of-the-road quality, picked up a McCain spicy chicken pizza, a trio of dark peppermint lindor balls, and a small bottle of Appleton's rum. I even found a small gift for my sister for her Christmas village. Don't know how much painting I am going to get tonight with this rum around I don't even mind that none of my friends could come hang out.

Oh, and..... I got an email back from the editor I applied to yesterday. He's coming to my city and wants to discuss things further with me! WOO to the HOO!

Got an extra hour at work today, arranged an interview for my news class for tomorrow, cooking a chicken in the oven--to be combined with pasta and vodka sauce and salad with a fig balsamic vinaigrette. We threw the chicken in the oven and then had some "quality time". I'm starved. Only had breakfast today... Om nom nom! chicken smells so good! I'm checking out some bursary/scholarship contests, to see if I qualify for any. One is a $2500 award for a journalism student. Ooh! Pick me, pick me! At work today my manager asked what I want for hours, and I said lots-- that as of Thursday, I can work anytime. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I applied for a couple of seasonal jobs. I don't think any of them will call anyways. Everyone is pretty much settling into their christmas jobs.

We're having a party on Friday, and I'm trying to decide if I should make it a Christmas party (ie. decorate the house really early) or just a party just because.

Was on campus working/in class/ seeing a guest speaker for nearly 9 hours today. I'm exhausted! I got home to find Alex gone. I checked my cellphone and he left a message saying that he went to a conference downtown (same one I was going to go to, until I discovered this presentation happening on campus tonight.) He's not here, and I miss him. I've got to do this news article that's due tomorrow. it's worth 30% of my grade. How barbaric is that?! My brain needs a kick start and I'm not drinking coffee because I won't sleep at all. God I hate this assignment.

300 words in, and my butt's already asleep. Greaaaaat. I feel for my publishing instructor-- she really jumped into the lion's den, taking the place of a much-beloved professor who has been teaching generations of writing students for 17 years. It can't be easy, especially since we are supposed to be acting as a business and creating a magazine.

I think Moesy has a cold. I want to go to sleep. Must write. I'll be back in 10 mins lol

MOESY kept us both up all night. From now on, he's spending nights outside. Even Java was howling her ABC's. What a night

So I'm pissed off on account of a friend. My good friend D was asked to move out of the home she'd been sharing with her friends for the past year. Before that, she had been living with one of them for a year plus. They gave no reasons, and tried to get me to talk to her for them (I told them no, that we're all adults and I'm not getting in the middle.) She just moved into a new place with a new roomie that she loves so far, and was really happy, until she found out that one of the old roomies' girlfriend is moving into her old room! Via not so subtle facebook posts, to boot. It seems sooo backstabby and mean of them to do that, especially considering that the girlfriend has been jokingly calling herself the "other roomie" for awhile now. None of them told my friend that this was happening. Everyone is coming over for a party on Friday and I really don't want the guy and his gf here anymore, but I guess it's too late for that. I'm not a huge fan of the gf (thinks she's hot stuff) but I can deal with her and be nice. Now I don't want to.

On a happy note: School's over for a month!

Some humans...hahaha

I skipped out on boot camp AND a meeting tonight. Didn't want to go out or deal with people, or do any more wall squats! Exercise failed this week, but tomorrow morning I should have time to do a workout at home, and possibly on Friday. Saturday is another fitness class and then Sunday is the circuit class. So I'll be back on track and not dying at next Wednesdays' boot camp. Instead, I made dinner for Alex and I, and we settled in and nerded out to some documentaries on Netflix. I learned a LOT tonight. For dinner, I made a roux and then built that up into a chicken pot pie type filling using the rest of the chicken I cooked up the other night. The best part is that I used my lactose free milk and he never even guessed. I am a domestic goddess, apparently lol. I love showing Alex how to cook new things. He was really curious to know how I made the cream sauce.

I seasoned the filling with garlic salt, a tiny bit of cumin, parsley, and pepper, mixed in some peas and carrots and poured the mixture over some warmed biscuits that I picked up at the cafeteria tonight. Was such a good meal! We ate every scrap of it. I have to buy new yoga pants, since my old ones (had stretched out like crazy anyways) bit the dust today. We sell them at work, so I'm just going to pick up a pair tomorrow. The christmas lightup festival is tomorrow night! Then it's really going to feel like Christmastime. So far I just have lights set up on the fence outside, but once I find someone with a ladder, we are going to get them put up on the roof as well, and then icicle lights will go on the inside front windows. It's going to look gorgeous in here with a tree up I was reorganizing yet again (just can't get happy with this kitchen!) and discovered that the cupboard above the fridge has a LOT of room. So, all of the misfit appliances that get used only once in awhile are now living up there, and I have my grandma's wedgewood china set and my elephant tea pot up in the cupboard above the stove. I know this is boring, but I'm always happy to find proper homes for things and to feel uncluttered.

I've been so super emotional lately. I can't deal with it anymore, and neither can Alex. I'm starting fights, picking on the smallest things, getting mad at the cats, mad at family members, and when I'm not mad or tired, I'm crying. I made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow and I hope that he will agree to put me back on meds. I can't live like this. I cannot find my happy place!

Went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with severe depression. I am to be on Celexa for 2 years, see him every month, and I will likely be on medication for the rest of my life. I'm okay with that, because on those meds I can live my life. It's not exhausting just to be me when it's being treated. I told him that I'm angry and guilty about having this illness and he said, it's no different really than someone who has hereditary high blood pressure, which is also caused by a chemical imbalance. It's not my fault, it's not something that I can help, it's just something that is in my family. That made me feel a lot better. I'm starting back on them tonight and I'm looking forward to feeling normal again. He also said that counselling is mainly for situational depression, which I don't have, so counselling really isn't necessary. Thank god. I don't need someone picking my brain when there's nothing actually wrong. It's just that my brain is all soupy and broken.

Had a party last night. It was great fun. Good friends, fun games, and we stayed up very very late. I made pancakes for everyone in the morning and my friend brought us boston creme donuts. I learned that ciders= headaches and I need to stick to hard alcohol (in moderation of course, as I'll be on meds again.) I had a job interview before work and then went to work. Got an extra hour on my shift, so that was nice. I don't have to work or write or anything tomorrow, so I'm excited! Tonight I went to a friends place and with two other women, we created a large abstract painting. It looks like a forest out of Avatar, turned out really cool. I bought myself a couple of canvases and some acrylics, so I am going to create something for the giant wall space in the living room. Moe is up on the ledge overlooking the living room, caterwauling. Oh, now he's in the living room again. We called him and he jumped 20-ish feet down. Crazy animule. Java loved all the attention she got last night

That's three days now that I haven't slept through the night. I'm glad I don't work today! Moe is being a beast. We have to force him to "cry it out" just like with a kid. Getting so exhausted. Since I'm not working today (was an on-call shift) I am going to try to get another pair of pants sewn and do a bunch of domestic things... the boring stuff like laundry, dishes, etc... I got the seasonal job I applied for. It will be 1-2 shifts per week, until Feb. 1st, so just a little something extra. "Orientation" is on Friday evening, after my shift at the clothing store.

I told him that I'm angry and guilty about having this illness and he said, it's no different really than someone who has hereditary high blood pressure, which is also caused by a chemical imbalance.

I agree. I'm doing psych at uni now and this is exactly how I think about mental health issues - harder to diagnose and treat than physical issues sometimes because there isn't usually something tangible that you can see as clearly wrong - but at the heart of it - no different from physical health issues. Definitely nothing to feel guilty about. In fact - you should feel proud of the fact that you insist on doing something about it and getting treatment so that you can live the best life you can AND the people around you can as well. The hardest thing is when someone doesn't get treated - then they remain depressed and living a half-life, and it also breaks the heart of those around them and damages relationships..

The only reason it hasn't destroyed our relationship is because he loves me so much, and he is not willing to give up on me. Things are getting back to normal. The only symptom I had from starting again was a foggy-headed feeling, which was a relief. The whole thing is a relief because I know I'll be myself again soon, and not come home exhausted from having to pretend.

Went back to the fabric store and was gleeful to find a super awesome sale. Got a bunch of freebies, and even two beautiful ornaments for Alex's Mom and sister to finish off their gifts. They're getting pj bottoms, earrings, and an ornament from me and I don't know what Alex is getting for them. I told him he isn't allowed to spend any more than $50 on me, so I hope he sticks to it. Nothing I need. All I really want is an e-ring, but I know we're not in that place financially at all right now. I'm happy with books and kitchen things. I really want new bedding, but that can wait until later on.

I'm so relieved that my family isn't doing gifts this year, just for the 6 yr old. My Mom gave me this cute pair of earrings and a loaf of fruit bread as my gift this year. MMMmm fruit bread! My sister was on the island for the weekend so while her bf was at seminars, she and my mom and I baked and iced christmas cookies. On Sunday, she was at my house and helped us decorate and we made some more cookies. My Mom was given a ceramic cookie mold from someone and she didn't want it, so my sister and I tried it out. Takes a ton of dough per cookie, but they're great "gift" cookies. The mold is a lifelike impression of a classic-looking santa head. The house looks great and I've eaten way too many cookies. I finally got a tree with all white lights-- something I've been pushing for since I was a kid. The tree is pretty much silver/gold/red themed with lots of crystal angels and crystal snowflakes-- with the exception of the sentimental ornaments-- a frame with my old dog's photo in it, my baby's first christmas ornament, and one from my childhood that my mom passed on. It's really pretty and festive, with just the right touch of kitsch, I think. This break is going to go by way too fast. I have a few things that I know I can't slack on and leave until the beginning of January, but I'm just not in the mood to start them already. Time to go sew some more pants! I did a test pair, which are now mine because I hemmed them to the perfect length, and I am finishing up Alex's sister's pair now. Hopefully tonight I can get his Mom's pair done too.

Ohhh I love themed Christmas trees! My first Chrismtas with CS in England is going to be a blue/silver theme. I LOVE those colors. I don't like white trees though. I do a green tree with blue lights, silver garland, and rotating blue/silver ornaments plus the sentimental ones like you. My 1st xmas ornament from '98 is going with me to England. It's a silk ball with 'baby's first xmas' on it. I just don't like the traditional red/green colors, even though I do do them.

Red is my favourite colour, so I subconciously collect red things. My house has little bits of red everywhere. I want to try to bring different colours into our room, don't need red EVERYWHERE haha. Alex wants green bedding. It's gotta be good quality though. I'm sick of going through cheap sheets and having everything pill or thin out after a year. Bamboo seems nice I did two pairs of pants tonight. My back is killing me now, because I was hunched over for hours. The second pair definitely came together better. I had to add cuffs at the bottom to make them long enough, but it worked out really well.

I love blue and white too, but I am not going to collect a separate set of ornaments hehehe. I hate green ornaments. Red and green is blech. I was just on facebook looking at people's wedding/vacation pics. Oh how I long for a vacation! We went to Mexico in March '08, and that's been the only real trip since, minus weekend trips up north for anniversaries. It seems like a long, long time ago.

I'm the same way only with blue. I love any shade of blue. I have always wanted my living room to be an ocean theme. I love doing rooms by theme. In my old apartment the living room was ocean themed, the kitchen was a wine/coffee theme, one bathroom was orange butterfly theme, the other bathroom was cherry blossoms, a spare bedroom was flower themed, and the master bedroom was fairies (mostly becuase I collect fairies). I just love bright, vibrant colors.

I feel spoiled in that I took two vacations this year-- NY in June and Gatlinburg in Oct. The most vacatoins I have ever been on in a year. And next year will be our honeymoon in Atlanta in Feb and then me flying over to England for a visit in Sept.Oct. I miss the beach though. God I love the beach.

I think green would be a nice bedroom theme. Red is so cliche for a bedroom. So I got the greatest backrub last night. Definitely fixed what ailed me. I want a freaking vacation. All over my facebook is talk of mexico, hawaii, vegas, disneyland, etc.. it seems like everyone keeps going to the same places. Work today went on forever, even with an hour long break. I found myself dreaming of a vacation. Too bad bills are still mounting! I get two paycheques this week though, so that will be nice! I treated myself to chinese food tonight. Got home at 7:30 tired and hungry, and everything else was frozen. Then I settled in and Alex and I had a Weeds marathon. That show leaves me so conflicted. Like, why doesn't SHE just go to school and get a mundane, high paying job if keeping her lifestyle and supporting her family is oh so important? Why pot? And then she went and married a DEA agent? REALLY? I'm enjoying watching the mess get bigger and bigger. The season finale is sure to be a clincher!

Archived