Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the job I wanted! **happy dance**

This morning I called them back and she told me that none of my references were available! two on vacation and one just plain not there. So I revamped and called her back, explaining that the other two were on vacation until such and such dates. While I was at the gym, she checked the references and when I got home, I called her back and found out that I got the job! Decent wage, about 15 hours per week, 50% off on clothes! Yay! Alex

s Dad is here today, dropping off his cat, so we're going out for breakfast/lunch.

Thanks guys! Those who are beyond school/retail jobs don't remember how hard you have to work to get in! Some stores do those really high discounts because they want you wearing the latest from their stores, and of course, they want you to shop there! When I worked at Claires/Icing, it was the same thing.

So Dad in law got an early boat and arrived while I was still at the gym. I like this new gym, even if I'm too short for the super cool leg press. I've mostly been focusing on cardio, get that flab off, and then turn it to muscle. I don't know if I am going to get a membership, but I'm definitely taking advantage of the 7 day trial. Apparently Moe (new cat- orange maine-coon) took to the house quickly, and even jumped from the second storey loft down to the living room (egads!) but when he found Javacat, she was not happy. He's hiding under the stairs now and she's in our room. We had him out for a little bit, but he's more comfortable in hiding for now. I'm not surprised that Java is being so territorial. This is her space now, and now she has to share us with him.

Once we got Moe set up, we headed out for lunch and had Vietnamese. I had a seafood stir fry--amazingly delicious-- and they had their giant bowls of pho and wonton soup. He decided to get the 3:30 ferry back, because he has a big hike to go on tomorrow morning, so it was a very short visit, but there will be more. Now I'm just taking a break from cleaning the house and I'm thinking about doing a bit of painting upstairs.

I don't know why I'm journaling so much, but I appreciate you guys reading my long-winded posts!

See that's what I'm worried about getting a retail job this holiday season... fashion to me consists of Wal Mart jeans and a comfortable Wal Mart shirt.

Yeah, just give the old cat some time to adjust to the new cat. Leroy (the cat I use to have) took about a month to adjust to Jasper (my other cat) before they became best buds.

Today I'm decked out in jeans and an Olympics tee, but I've been trying to wear dresses, pretty sweaters, etc... I just find I feel better when I dress nicely, and in my career path, I never know when I'm going to need to look presentable, so may as well do it all the time! Coats are a big weakness of mine. I've been waiting since June to bust out my new red peacoat, and it's finally getting chilly enough at night.

I hate heels. I like the ballerina flats. I should wear heels because I'm so short, but oh well. I'm not going to compensate for anything

So I think my Saturday night is going to consist of doing the readings for my Journalism class

Javacat is completely territorial. She discovered Moe sitting on a chair that's tucked under the table and started spitting and growling at him. He just sat there, cool as a cucumber, while she backed up and went to our room, hissing and spitting all the way. She even made sure to turn around and spit at him again before she turned into the hallway. Poor lil Moe! I'm trying to just give them equal love. Moe's already explored the whole house. It took Java about a week to do that.

Isn't Vietnamese the greatest food? There is this great place right at the corner of my block and they are always jammed packed. Their wonton soup is to die for. I can't do the Pho because I'm allergic to beef but it sure looks good. Actually today would be a perfect day for soup as it is cool and damp outside. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

*Sends you some turkey soup*

This restaurant we go to is such a whole in the wall, but the menu is huge. They have so many different kinds of pho and stir-fries. I made weight watcher's pasta carbonara tonight, but went too heavy on thickeners, so it wasn't that great... I wish I had more pho lol. It was beautiful here today. I'm glad I decided to walk to work and back today. It's a pretty decent walk... about 20 mins uphill each way. I did yoga when I woke up, so I'm not hitting the gym tonight. Think I'll go grocery shopping instead.

The actress who played June Cleaver passed away She was so beautiful! Apparently she was in Roseanne and the movie Airplane.

I bit the bullet and bought an answering machine/phone combo. I think the old machine had just bit the dust. Didn't seem safe to have it plugged in.

I can tell I've been disciplined with my eating, because I had a special K chocolate crunch bar today when I was feeling really hungry, and it was every bit as good as a big ol slice of chocolate cake.

It was really hard to get out of bed this morning, because Moe wanted to cuddle, and I found myself in this total state of bliss with this muppet cat, all fur and chirpy meows, nestled in my arms

I spent 20 mins on the stairclimber today and was exhausted by the end of it. I was on level 6 and it's this crazy escalator type machine. For a late lunch, I had salad and half an avocado with tortilla chips. So good

Grumpy grumpy. I shouldn't have had coffee and rum 'n' cokes last night. Way too much caffeine. I woke up this morning to a missing phone and a super messy house. Alex "did" the laundry, but left one load sitting wet in the washer, one in the dryer, and one on the bedroom floor! He keeps taking the phone upstairs and leaving it there. We have the stairs all blocked off so the cats won't get into the paint, so I had to hurdle my way upstairs. The cats sprayed litter all over the floor and spilled their water, so it was all mushy and disgusting looking, and I'm trying to put the phone jack upstairs back in the wall (in the middle of painting) and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Graaaaahhhrrr. At least now there will be a phone upstairs, so no more missing phone! I think I should go to the gym. I hope Alex comes home for lunch, cuz I need a hug.

Had a really hard time sleeping last night. Between cat noises and feeling moody, I was up most of the night. I finally dragged myself out of bed at quarter to 11 because I remembered I had to bake something for a bake sale today. I'm making ooey gooey bars. Chocolate chip cookies spread out in a sheet, topped with caramel, chopped up chocolate bar, and there is supposed to be macadamia nuts, but the ghetto grocery store didn't have any I bought cashews, but I think I might just omit the nuts.

I already had a couple tablespoons of cookie dough Bake sales- Sure diet destroyer!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to join this gym I've been going to all week. I went 6/7 days and went to one of the fitness classes on Weds night. I really liked the class because it was just 5 people plus the instructor and it was challenging, and fun at the same time. So much more interesting than working out at home staring at the tv! I'm definitely going to go back on Wednesday. I'm having a rest day today. My body is telling me it's had enough, and I just feel so exhausted today... even had a short nap, which is very unlike me.

Things are starting to fit a little bit better. I'm sitting at 140 even right now, and will be at 130 by January. That's right, I WILL be. 130. It helps that I'm not all that attracted to sweets right now. I didn't want anything but a piece of banana bread at the bake sale, and I had maybe 2 squares of the bars I made--Alex had the rest of the pan. I didn't get to bring them to the sale because they were still hot when I had to leave for class!

I babysat my friend's kids this morning. Her daughter has gotten amazing on the piano. She is nearly at level 4 and into Beethoven and the more challenging songs. I took piano as a kid, but I can't even read her sheet music anymore lol.

I went to the dentist yesterday and got a cleaning done. It was unpleasant and there was a lot of blood... but now my teeth are sparkly and shiny again. My dentist said that everything looks good, minus the tooth that's giving me problems (having that looked at on campus for cheap instead) so I was really relieved.

Time to go finish this paint job! My brain has made it clear that I won't be doing anything really intellectual today

OMG...so tired. Spent the afternoon painting the loft (pita!!) Now it's finally done, just one small hallway/stair section left to do! Exterior will be painted in the spring. After that I had a loooong hot soak in the tub and Alex--lovely, wonderful Alex--- ordered dinner from Panago.

After that I left to go to a friends' place so we could work on halloween costumes. What a gong-show getting there! She gave me the wrong street name, so I got lost. In the middle of a 3 point turn, my car stalled. I put it in park, shut it off, turned on my hazard lights and re-started, but the gear shift was stuck in park. I tried this a few more times, nothing. Called Alex, he came right away, pushed on the back end of the car and started it up and put it into gear with no problem! The first try. Embarrassing! So, he leaves, I find my friends' house, and realize that I forgot my bag full of supplies! I texted her to let her know I'd be back. Of course the text back was a lot of lol'ing.

Long story short, I finally got there, with supplies, and proceeded to make a black fleece jumper (the beginning to Alex's panda costume). I'm pretty pleased with it, and so it he. It has arms and legs and everything! I'm going to cheap out and use no sew glue to attach all the white bits, and then on Wednesday I'll make the hood, mittens, boots, and ears. That will be another 4 hour sewing jaunt, I'm sure. I think I'd like to have my own machine.

Archived