Hopefully you will find someone else someday that will love you no matter what pills she has to take. I know I love my husband either on or off the SSRI's. If we didn't have sexual relations for ten years, it wouldn't change a thing.

i think it affects people differently. I'm certain she loved me before and what she described and what she acts like now is someone who is incapable of forming romantic attachment.

My problem was that was i could only see our relationship as on a break as opposed to actually being over. She doesnt love me any more and i dont think she can love anyone but she's weaning herself off of the medication (very fast she tried to go cold turkey at first) and she should eventually regain her ability to love back (from what ive read this may take months or something)

She wants to be young and single and have fun and I dont resent this any more. I just know unless i change my mind in the future that i want to be around when she's capable of loving someone. I've been with her for 3 years and she is my best friend so It's not to big of a burden to be friends for a while and keep an open mind about the future.

I only use herbs, which for the most part work....FOR ME.

You might have different result depending....

I just started taking something called Deprex....and we'll see how it works.

All natural, no side effects, and no I don't work for the company....just trying my hardest during a very painful time in my life to NOT TAKE medication.

I take that, SamE, and St John's but will probably drop that in a couple of weeks once I feel the Deprex has raised my serotonin levels.

good luck

• 4 months later...

I was wondering about any update on your situation. It appears to have been a few months. Did she get off the medication? Did she regain feeling for you? Or have you come to the point where you have said f*&^ that bit@% and moved on from her? It seems to me that these supposed professionals are scamming innocent people and their families by writing prescriptions that ruin peoples lives. Like you, I know that some people need these medications, but it seems that the pills are being used as a quick substitute to gain payment and do as little work as possible to get it. They are even trying to cut these drugs with different names that treat different illnesses. Tramadol is supposed to be for pain, but in actuality, it is an effexor derivative. Next thing you know, libido stops and people start wondering what is wrong with them. Then they get to thinking that they don't love the person they are with and starts treating them like dirt even though that person is not their problem. Anyway, I was just wondering if anything really changed for you.

I'd say that maybe she doesn't need to be on SSRI's, if they are affecting her so negatively. Some doctors can be so quick to diagnose a malaise as depression, when it could be any number of things. I know that for me, SSRI's are a godsend and I am perfectly happy to take one pill each day for the rest of my life, if it means that I get to be "normal". With your relationship, it may not be related to the meds at all, but to her changing as a person and growing apart from you. That's a tough thing to grasp and to deal with, but maybe it is just about her and not about any depression or medications.

Archived