sell it?

Italianchic110

I also have a saphire and diamond ring from an ex.

Keep it and hold on to it. Put it aside and don't look like it until you are "healed" and ready. Afterwards you can then decide what you want to do with it. My mom always said "be angry at the man but not the jewelry." hehehe...

You can always sell it later but keep it for now in case you might actually want to wear it later on. Like you said...it is a beautiful ring.

I have a ring that I adore that my ex gave me.

For now, it's tucked away inside an envelope. I could never sell it: it has way too much meaning and sentimental value, even if it makes me sad to wear it. I doubt I'll ever wear it again, but I like having it. I imagine when I am in another serious relationship, I may give it to my sister, who also loves it. It's just like pictures for me - I would never throw them away. It will always remind me of the good times, even if they are over.

I sold most of my belongings my ex gave me, including jewelry...not because I wanted to get rid of anything but because I'm practical and pragmatic like that lol. I needed money at the time. To be honest I kind of regret it and wish I never sold his gifts.

If money's not an issue, I would highly suggest you keep the ring. You might regret it later down the road if you sell it. If it brings too much memories at the moment, keep it tucked away. One day, you'll bring it back out again and look at it with fond memories.

I also have a saphire and diamond ring from an ex.

Keep it and hold on to it. Put it aside and don't look like it until you are "healed" and ready. Afterwards you can then decide what you want to do with it. My mom always said "be angry at the man but not the jewelry." hehehe...

You can always sell it later but keep it for now in case you might actually want to wear it later on. Like you said...it is a beautiful ring.

Just to say I agree and that picture is so very cute !

why? It was a gift from him to her.

That would be tacky, to return a gift

It may be tacky to some. I know it was a gift. I just feel (for myself), if it brought me so much pain and sadness then I wouldn't want to be reminded every time I see it. I'm only speaking for myself here - if it was ME, I would return it. If that's tacky, so be it.

To me, if it was a ring he gave you for your birthday, then its a gift. Keep it. But if it was intended as a "promise ring" to me that's kind of like an engagement ring. I agree with putting it aside for now, but maybe in the future sell it or remake it into another piece of jewelry.

Archived