The eight week challenge - For the ladies

uncomfynumb

If anyone is reading this they might wonder what my story is..I feel in order for me to get through this the less I talk about the relationship the easier it will be to get over it..talking about it keeps it fresh I'm my thoughts and keep me from moving on..I am only willing to talk about it when I feel indifferent to the experience of my break up ..it might not work for everyone but it works for me

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi it's me again yesterday was another struggle between my emotional and logical mind..I guess the logical won but it was extremely difficult not to give in to my emotions.. It seems like as I am entering the second month it is a lot more difficult then the first month

I am on day 20 of strict no contact (day 33 of first attempt)

Hi it's me it's day 21 of strict no contact (day 35 of first attempt) I don't know I have this strong feeling I won't be hearing from him any time soon

This is 5 weeks

For the last three weeks I am going to stop counting and posting because the last three weeks is detrimental for my moving on if I do not hear from him counting gives me hope and keeps me from moving on so I need to stop for my sanity because if I do not hear from him at least it will just feel like another day

But if I do hear from him I will definitely post it here because isn't that what this challenge is for....

I had to come back to say I do not regret at all taking this challenge it motivated me to start the NC and not to break it I may not have gotten what I wanted but it got me to where I need to be which is strength to move on without looking back...and I thank you to the woman who started this challenge... You are a god sent

Blessings to you and yours hope you have a happy marrige

• 1 month later...
i dated my ex for 2.5 years. She broke it off once before and took me back. She did it again in early January... Said she wanted space... time to think... so i begged and pleaded and then stared NC.... I am on day 16. I just want her back... I just hope things work out for you and likewise for myself. I just hate being rejected.

I know this was from a few years ago.. But, any updates? I'm currently going through the same thing with my boyfriend. We broke it off 2 months ago, stayed in contact since then saying how much we love each other, miss each other etc but he doesn't want a relationship, he just wants space. We're on day 4 of NC and I'm really hoping he comes around

I had to come back to say I do not regret at all taking this challenge it motivated me to start the NC and not to break it I may not have gotten what I wanted but it got me to where I need to be which is strength to move on without looking back...and I thank you to the woman who started this challenge... You are a god sent

Blessings to you and yours hope you have a happy marrige

Any updates? Has he come back?

My story is:

I love him and try my best to let him know, made every mistake that the dating web says not to do( After broke up, I started to read the web), basically I have chasing him. I do what he wants and try my best to please him.

He didn't want to see me one day, no text for 2 days. Then he texted brifly to say hi; After that, 3 days later, he texted to say hi again. Now another 3 days passed, I am hanging there, crying everyday, everytime when I read this post I cry, I love him, even it is tough and painful.

Will he text me again and see me again? What can I do to let it happen?

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi it is me i will give an up date ..i had went strict no contact for the two months with my ex ..he contact me once after two weeks off no contact ..he was brief and had no intention of getting back together..after that brier contact i went strict no contact for two months ..after not hearing from him i decided enough time had passed and it was safe to contact him..it did not go two well he started string me along by throwing me breadcrumbs ..after some time of this i had enough we got in a very bad argument which ended things and i am now back on strict no contact..this time i decided I want to move on and the best way to do this is to start dating..

I am now on a dating site talking to a couple of people..one of them have peaked my interest he have given me a couple of days he is available but did not officially say he wants to meet..anyways he said he will be going on vacation next week and i suggested we talk when he gets back..I am in no rush i want to take my time to get to know these people before meeting up...good luck to me

My emotions are still all over the place..I have good days and bad days..It is 4 months now and I am still not where I want to be emotionally ..logically I know what to do but I am still so weak...So it is back to this challenge but this time i am doing it for me..I want to get over him and move on with someone new..in the mean time i want to keep no contact with my ex for at least 4 months..so i can properly move on..that is my new challenge letting go and moving on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi its me again... I contacted my ex last week our conversation was going so well I waited a few days then suggested on meeting up but he did not give me a reply for two days then he text me..I still do not know what his answer is because I am too afraid of being rejected.. I guess I will wait til I feel stronger before I look..I don't want to feel depress if he said no

• 10 months later...
I'm not expecting him to come back. But you know, this process is very irregular for me. Sometimes I feel positive and indifferent about it, but other times I feel nostalgic and upset that he had done this to me. It's sad that they are able to live happily after smashing someone's heart.

It's funny to read this. My ex came back in November of 2015 and wanted to get back together.

• 5 weeks later...
I'll be eight weeks NC this Saturday. I don't think I'm going to hear from the ex...and at this point, I don't care.

This is a super rural area and I have a tenure-track job; I wasn't ready to give that up, switch careers, sell my house, and move. I thought he was the only guy I'd ever meet--and under those constraints, I was probably right.

But eight weeks in I realized the fallacy in that logic; I *can* switch careers, sell my house, and move. And then there are all the fellas in the world.

It will be 8 weeks on saturday for me as well...I don't think I will hear from him. I wish he could say "sorry" at least.

• 1 year later...

Wow this is an old thread!!!

Hello ladies. Day 1 for me. I'm accepting the challenge hopefully to heal and move forward without my ex.

We had been dating over 3 years. For the past 1 year he really messed me about. He had issues, I tried to help and lost myself somewhere in the process. He really had me running around, chasing after him.

He breaks up with me each time we disagree on anything. We don't speak for a day or two then its always me contacting him, saying I miss him etc. If I don't message him, he starts chasing but is only interested until I show him I care and then he changes his mind. I've known I'm being played for the longest time - shame on me!

I've had enough now so this is day 1 (not the first time ive tried NC) but I'm hoping this thread will help my resolve!

Good luck to you all - These men really do not deserve us pining over them like this xxx

Archived