Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My sore brain.....migraine journal

Seraphim

Here's what the Diamond Headache Clinic says about O2 therapy:

"Because of the brief nature of the acute cluster attacks, any medication to be used must have a rapid onset of action – within 30 minutes of the headache onset. The most effective and safest treatment method is the administration of 100 percent oxygen by facial mask. Dramatic termination of an acute attack is achieved within 10 to 15 minutes in 80% of patients using oxygen inhalation. Injectable and intranasal sumatriptan (Imitrex®) are also effective in aborting an attack."

Every cluster headache patient I encountered told me that O2 has helped them during their acute attacks.

It is something you could consider/ask your doctor about.

Here's what the Diamond Headache Clinic says about O2 therapy:

"Because of the brief nature of the acute cluster attacks, any medication to be used must have a rapid onset of action – within 30 minutes of the headache onset. The most effective and safest treatment method is the administration of 100 percent oxygen by facial mask. Dramatic termination of an acute attack is achieved within 10 to 15 minutes in 80% of patients using oxygen inhalation. Injectable and intranasal sumatriptan (Imitrex®) are also effective in aborting an attack."

Every cluster headache patient I encountered told me that O2 has helped them during their acute attacks.

It is something you could consider/ask your doctor about.

I can't take Imitrex . I tried it once and got a heart arrhythmia. But O2 is interesting. I can't tell if it is going to be a cluster initially. And I hate to clog up the ER. I have only ever gone to an ER twice and only because I was pretty much all but unconscious .

• 2 months later...
I know why you have it!!! Because I felt the starts of one. Did my preventive routine - I think I'm good.

I had onions on my sub today too. That has probably added to it. Sometimes onions will give me a migraine sometimes they don't it's big crapshoot. But needless to say I'm now in bed , taken a gravol and three Advils. Thank God I don't have to work tonight.

I'm glad yours went away.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think I am contagious. I am pretty sure it is bacterial like always. There's a slim chance of contagion with bacterial sinus infection but not that great.

Absolutely, I'm hitting the walk in when it opens. Usually,they give me Zpak (ezithromyocin ?) can't spell worth crap right now. And then I'm usually better within two days and the migraine goes . Unfortunately for me if I get any illness whatsoever I get a migraine on top of it.

I have to pick up my boy at college at three race to the walk-in clinic so I can be one of the first in line then he wants to go to his gaming club and then I can lay down and die I guess. The doctor doesn't arrive at the walk-in until five but they start handing out tickets around 330. And the walk-in is in the next town over.

Yeah, I looked it up. Mostly not contagious. See I just develop sinusitis out of nowhere because I have chronic and acute a lot of the time. Mine is caused by my nose being constantly clogged because of allergies. Due to the fact I broke my nose twice so it doesn't drain properly. I don't think I'm contagious.