Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My sore brain.....migraine journal

Seraphim

Oh, I saw that clinical trial in T.O. too Vic! I don't have them that often anymore, but I certainly have the auras that often. I should tell my Dad about that - he is where I got them from!!!

I hope you feel better soon. Transitional seasons are bad for me, plus emotional stress, which I am sure isn't helping you. HUGS!

Hey Kaytie!

Yes, I suffer from auras as well. They sometimes it ends with menopause but it never did for my mom. I am almost exactly like my mom in medical respects. We are like twins almost. I am sorry your dad gets them. It is a little easier when you have a parent who understands. I understand for my son because we both have them too. He does not have them as often as I do which is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Awww ,yes Kaytie I have been really badly too. I had one that lasted for 3 solid days. I hate those ones I really do. I am so sorry you are bad too. HUGS. It is the just on the edge today of going or coming back I am sure you know the feeling.

Sometimes my auras are visual as in I loose sight in my left eye. However most of mine are more physical. I lose all feeling in the left side of my face and I get very off balance and it almost seems like I have stroke symptoms. I tend to have a lot of accidents, as in accidently hurting myself because I can not control my limbs properly. Usually my hearing ans sense of smell are very over exaggerated but this time I lost my sense of smell altogether.

I also have had muscle pain in my neck and shoulder blade on my left side with a migraine. If I can allieviate that sometimes the migraine goes.

It is such a horror isn't it?? I am getting to the point I can't stand it.

Do migraines change your perspective of the world Kaytie? When I have one the world looks so black to me. It changes my whole personality. It really does. It makes me very negative and angry and the whole world looks black and ugly and everything is negative and you just want to die.

link removed

Non-drug Alternatives to Preventative Treatment of Migraines

Gut Brain Therapy MAGNUM looks into the exciting work that ForeverWell is doing in Migraine research & the gut brain. An intriguing possibility is beginning to develop. The growing evidence supporting our long term belief that Migraine is a brain disorder coupled with the work showing a second brain in the gut might cause some to look at proper neuropeptide/neurotransmitter production by the digestive system as a root cause of the factors leading to Migraine.

One company doing just that has recently published an outcome based study in which they focus primarily on healing and improving digestive dysfunction that they believe on some level is occurring in most Migraine sufferers. Synergistically, they provide nutritional support to the liver and kidney believing that these organs are critical in balancing internal function.

This natural Migraine prevention approach has shown very positive results in their initial study. Interestingly, some of the comments from study participants included that while on the nutritional supplements they found that the Migraines they did get were less severe and a lower dose of various pain treatments seemed to be more effective.

80% of the 40 study participants reported good to dramatic benefit from this approach. 20% had no benefit. In 60% of the cases the participants quality of life rating was in the 80 to 100 range indicating a virtually Migraine free condition. To learn more about Gut Brain Therapy and to read the entire study visit, link removed.

Michael Gershon, MD of Columbia University is the recognized father of the growing field of neurogastroenterology and author of The Second Brain. His book is fascinating and may explain why ForeverWell is getting great results with Migraine by focusing on the digestive system. For a FREE, chapter by chapter, description of the book you can send an email request to email removed.

There is a book called The Second Brain by Michael Gershon, MD. He is at Columbia University in New York and seems to be the leading authority in neurogastroenterology. The book is quite fascinating and perhaps does explain why ForeverWell has been getting great results with Migraine by treating the gut.

I've also had muscle pain in my neck and left rotator cuff. I definitely think that's contributing to it! Plus the barometric pressure here has been wonky too.

It is indeed a horror - I missed a ton of grade 9 when I first started having them and even though they've reduced with age, they are still debilitating.

Migraine pain definitely changes my perspective on things - as any chronic, severe pain would I imagine. And yes, when I worked at the migraine foundation hotline we often dealt with people who literally had a gun to their head just wanting the pain to go away. It's real and it's raw - but too many people still think it's 'just a bad headache.' Makes me crazy!

So glad to hear it! I also have the 'hangover' now - I hate that! All that pain and no party, lol.

I am SO glad this last migraine is gone. Just the residual effects now. It feels like there is a dry ring around my left eye and the left side of my head is so tender and so are the neck and shoulder muscles on that side. Oh God, SO thankful.

Unless you are a migraine sufferer, it is practically impossible to understand what it really means to endure this type of suffering. Migraines are not merely headaches. While a migraine generates inside the head, that is where the similarities end.

Light and noise, even to the smallest degree, can be intolerable. Extreme nausea is common. While the migraine begins in the brain, it sweeps through the body and can thoroughly debilitate its victim. The affects of a migraine are completely consuming, and living with this chronic pain can be torture, both physically and emotionally .

While there is a virtual plethora of medications, naturally remedies and pain management techniques available, there is no absolute cure for migraines. Migraines do not always respond to medical treatment. Different treatments can be effective for different people. But for many migraine sufferers, medications bring little in the way of relief.

link removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^ Yeah, my personal fav is : " oh it's just a headache, why can't you come to work?" Well, if I could stop vomiting and rolling in severe agony I could maybe try.

I had another migraine today. It took up most of the day. From before I woke up to about 10 tonight. They have got much less though since finding out I had chronic mandibular osteomyelitis and now we have removed the cause and it is healing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...