I hate you all!

AllDarkness

It is very simple. What it says about college is: YOU ARE COMPLETELY ALONE! NOBODY CARES!

And actually I forgot to mention something about college that I completely forgot: I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH! COLLEGE REQUIRES THAT YOU ARE INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT ON YOUR OWN!

Look at my grades! Look at what I have ever achieved in school! NOTHING!

And all IQ-tests shows my IQ to be below 100!

And where does that place me:

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)

125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)

135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)

145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)

155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)

165-179 - High genius

180-200 - Highest genius

>200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

University students 115-124!

I think that concludes it...

Hmmm...considering that you were able to get into the high school you did, I doubt that your IQ is below 100. When did you take your last IQ test? Which test was it? These tests sometimes give inaccurate results.

Regardless, an IQ is just a number and it isn't going to determine whether or not you will be successful in college. It may mean that you have to study more, but it doesn't mean college is impossible. I had several friends in college who had IQs around 100 or 110, and they graduated just fine and on time. I also had a few friends with diagnosed learning disabilities make it through a 4-year college. Here is a discussion that might be of interest to you regarding IQs below 100 and college - link removed . Even though the topic of the website is not specifically what we are talking about here, the discussion still has some interesting points that are related to your concerns about an IQ below 100 and college.

Don't forget that you can always try a community college or trade school instead of a full-fledged university if you are concerned that it will be too difficult. These places still provide opportunities to make friends and be social, and community colleges offer courses for students to "catch up" in subjects where they have weakness.

Additionally, how "alone" you are is up to you. You can choose not to participate in clubs and activities and be alone, or you can choose to participate in clubs and activities and be social and make friends. That is your choice.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is very simple. What it says about college is: YOU ARE COMPLETELY ALONE! NOBODY CARES!

And actually I forgot to mention something about college that I completely forgot: I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH! COLLEGE REQUIRES THAT YOU ARE INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT ON YOUR OWN!

Look at my grades! Look at what I have ever achieved in school! NOTHING!

And all IQ-tests shows my IQ to be below 100!

And where does that place me:

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)

125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)

135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)

145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)

155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)

165-179 - High genius

180-200 - Highest genius

>200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

University students 115-124!

I think that concludes it...

You are right...I give up...

Sorry I didn't log on last night like I said I would. Like you missed me or anything, but yeah...I'm just sayin since I said I would...I couldn't get on last night. But I was thinking about you.

Sweets, I'm not sure why you think that sounds like hell. You don't want to be bothered and harassed by teachers, right? Do you need someone hounding you to get your work done, or can you get it done on your own?

Anyway, IQ tests are stupid. Where did you get these done, how many times, and how long ago? I took a couple online, and they are very inaccurate. One said I was at 166, and the other said 85. LOL. That's like, "But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan!" I laughed when I saw that score, because I know I'm much smarter than that. I can tell you are smarter than that too by the way you type. And remember, you were in a school for gifted kids. If your IQ was that low and you weren't intelligent, you wouldn't have been let in.

Anyway, I really hope you don't give up, but I can't stop you if you do. It's your decision to make.I think it would be a huge shame though, to think of an obviously bright and intelligent 19 year old kid giving up on himself and life.

I do like you a lot, and nothing would make me happier than to see you get out from under this horrible cloud of depression that follows you everywhere. But I can't help you if you aren't trying to help yourself. We can't do this for you if you don't meet us halfway. I'm not saying you just snap your fingers and jump out of your depression. If it were that easy, no one would be depressed. You take baby steps, one day at a time. Each day is a new day. Each happiness is a victory. You need to change your outlook on life completely, and that's gonna take some hard work, but it can be done. I have let go of A LOT of my negativity over the years. It has been a process, but I have decided that happiness is a choice, and I choose to be happy. I choose not to let a dark cloud follow me everywhere I go. Depression runs in my family. I have battled it myself over the years. I still battle it sometimes. And I win. I have done this without a therapist or any type of pills. But a counselor/therapist and/or pills might be of some help to you. It doesn't make you a freak or crazy to take anti-depressants. Lots of people take them when they have a chemical imbalance in their brain and are trying to get it back on track. It's more common than you think. Many people just take them temporarily. It wouldn't hurt to try, if a doctor recommends them. You can always stop if you don't like them. Can you please go talk to somebody?

We're trying to help you, and we really want you to get through this and be OK, but it seems like everything we say or ask, you chew it up and spit it right back out at us. you gotta work with us a little. You have to want to get better, to get better. You have to try to make those small steps forward.

Ahh thats not nice. maybe they thought you were being too reliant. I think people who think everyone hates them like this, is bound to be avoided, because people can sense your attitude, the attitude of "you're going to hate me anyway", or "I know you hate me" - in other words you are not open to people and not able to build a relationship with anyone in the proper way. There is a certain type of neediness there, which scares people off.

No offence at all, I am just giving my honest opinion.

How are you AllDarkness, been a rough couple of days over here by me. Been dealing with my own episode. How have things been going? Have you looked anymore into school? You dont have to be a genuis to go to school, I went and Im not extra smart by no means. So what you might have to take a couple extra classes, it will give you something to do. (I had to take 15 pre classes before I could even take a college level)

Are you having family over for the holidays? I love to sit and watch kids this time of year, it makes me feel good to see how simple things can make someone so happy. Pay attention to your surroundings, it may be that life has been so hectic and strained for you that you havent been able to see the simple things. Find your little nitch to enjoy.

You def need to stop having the pity party, its not helping you and you push people away downing yourself all the time. Find what you do like about yourself and work with it to help you in other areas. We all have things that we hate about ourselves or something that we may have done. We learn from our mistakes and make sure not to repeat them. Mines about a mile long and I wouldnt dare to even list. (noone would prob talk to me then)

I understand the feeling of feeling alone and thinking noone understanding what your going through. I feel that way quite often (and Im married with 2 kids). It helps so much to actually talk about everything not just what you want people to hear but actually talk about everything. If you have noone then write it down, hide it for a couple days, then come back and read it again. I usually find what I wrote to be awful but amazing that I can think these thoughts and still be able to get through the day the week the month.

You can make your life any way you want it, you can decide to go to school, to be a bum, get a job, live at home for the rest of your life. These are all your decisions, you have to make them.

Merry Christmas to all of you...though a bit late, I know!

This Christmas hasn't been the best got sick and stuff...

I am still not sure about college. You are all convinced that it would be a good idea for me to join one?

I read about some people who claimed that College was hell. College was just another "High School"-environment. The only difference was that people was just older and the level of education was higher...

Beside...I don't know whether I am ready for it. People has always called me immature and not growing up. Being in a place where everyone consider themselves to be ready for being an adult feels strange for a guy who doesn't even know where both of his feet is placed...

I am still not sure about college. You are all convinced that it would be a good idea for me to join one?

I read about some people who claimed that College was hell. College was just another "High School"-environment. The only difference was that people was just older and the level of education was higher...

Beside...I don't know whether I am ready for it. People has always called me immature and not growing up. Being in a place where everyone consider themselves to be ready for being an adult feels strange for a guy who doesn't even know where both of his feet is placed...

Hey! You are back! Good to see you dear.

Sorry to hear that you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

How do you plan on ringing in the new year?

Yep, I totally get what you're saying. What are you doing right now, are you working?

Glad to see you back, sucks that you got sick during the holidays, glad your feeling better now.

About college, I see what your saying but why not give it a try what do you have to lose. You know it doesnt change much when your an adult either. People are still immature and want to judge and stick their noses up. So what, who are they? There is always going to be that A**hole who has to make himself feel better by putting others down. Kill them with kindness, dont show them that it bothers you and they will get bored and move on to the next person.

Anyway Im glad to see you back and feeling better

happy to hear from you I remember one time I had the flu for Christmas and couldn't play with my presents until the day after.

you should try at least one year of college, you might not do great your first semester (no one does) but once you get everything organized and set yourself a solid schedule then you'll make it just fine.

Archived