I hate you all!

AllDarkness

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmf...there seems to be different opinions on college. I know you shouldn't believe in everything on tv or believe in everything you read...but from what I could see and read...people in college isn't that much different from High School. Just a more independent approach towards education. You determine how much you want to study and the like...

But as to the people...it is just the same as High School.

Hmf...there seems to be different opinions on college. I know you shouldn't believe in everything on tv or believe in everything you read...but from what I could see and read...people in college isn't that much different from High School. Just a more independent approach towards education. You determine how much you want to study and the like...

But as to the people...it is just the same as High School.

what about a trade school? Electrician, computer networking IT/repair, medical field, paramedic, EMT, Veterinarian Tech, etc. Some of these you can do online and not even attend a college unless you want to.

Holy christ! No way! I am not going to deal with math ever again...

lol...I HATE math!! I really suck at it! I had to take all the stupid advanced classes in high school, so I had trig and calculus and all that crap that I barely passed. Yuck!! lol

My point was..have you explored trade school options that dont involve math?

Oh- you're not a math person.

I totally know the feeling. I am not a math person either. Earlier in the thread you were talking about how terrible some of your teachers from the past were and I posted about a teacher who was mean to me in high school. It was actually a Math teacher that was mean to me. I think that's one of the reasons that I hate math so much today and I'm not confident in my math skills.

Fear not, there are many careers out there that don't require you to do a lot of math. Usually careers in human services don't require much math.

I hate math to but to have to do english is what scares me. With math atleast there is only one correct answer.

If not college, have you thought about the military? I know alot of people would be like why suggest even a thing. I have 2 sons and I would suggest it to them so Im doing the same to you. My husband was in the Navy for eight years, he loved it. He got to see alot of countries and meet alot of good men and woman that served with him. Some he still keeps in touch with. He says it was like joining a family.

Just a suggestion. Other than that how have things been? Keeping yourself busy?

Hi AllDarkness! Glad to see you back!

I have to echo FarthestEdge - don't worry too much about the opinions of others.

I was thinking...what about taking just one class at your local college to see what college is all about? Maybe choose a class that sounds interesting, or just for fun? You can take some classes as an audit - which means you don't get a grade, and I think for the most part you don't have to do the work. However, that also means you don't get credit, so you can't count it towards a degree without taking it again.

Just a thought.

wow, am I the only math person?

most colleges offer online colleges you could try to get you started.

I used to be at one point till I could no longer retained it and most of the formulas or long equations problems one day concentrated too much in my brain.. and bang... couldn't recover.... I lost most of the math skills since.

I...know I am probably just going to repeat myself and all that...

Last day I sat down at a café where people from university normaly comes to relax sometimes...

Here I tried to listen to what they said...and it was just horrible to listen to...they were so different from me. It was everything; what they talked about, the way they talked, their interests...

I am so hopeless...I feel I am not like them...

I am sorry, I just feel so bad right now that I can't write more for now...sorry...

Last day I sat down at a café where people from university normaly comes to relax sometimes...

Here I tried to listen to what they said...and it was just horrible to listen to...they were so different from me. It was everything; what they talked about, the way they talked, their interests...

I am sorry, I just feel so bad right now that I can't write more for now...sorry...

They were a few people out of millions on the Earth, and I doubt the things they were talking about are the only things that they ever talk about.

What were their interests and what are yours?

I don't think you understand...

I know, I wrote interests...it is just that I am not doing what young people like me are supposed to do. You are suppose to party, are you not? You are suppose to get drunk, are you not? You are suppose to do all sort of things...AND I AM NOT DOING THEM!

And it is not because I want to do them...it is just that everyone else does it...and then you are just alone...

Oh, I HATE MYSELF!!!

I go out of break everyday by myself and there are others out there(smokers) and I dont engage in conversaton because Im ignored but I do listen to thier topics.

They talk about petty things, other people, what they are going to buy whatever. It bores me to listen to them. What im saying is find people that you do have something in common with. Join some writing clubs. Everyone says we have a twin out there, I think your looking at the wrong crowd. Check into your local library they usually offer alot of free activities.

If you get to the point where you say whatever people think of me is fine, just as long as I know that the way I choose to live my life and the way I think is okay. Then you will feel better and attract more people towards you.

I don't think you understand...

I know, I wrote interests...it is just that I am not doing what young people like me are supposed to do. You are suppose to party, are you not? You are suppose to get drunk, are you not? You are suppose to do all sort of things...AND I AM NOT DOING THEM!

And it is not because I want to do them...it is just that everyone else does it...and then you are just alone...

Oh, I HATE MYSELF!!!

sorry didnt see the not in there, you dont have to be a follower you do what you like when you like, thats the great thing about life.

You want to sit around and talk trash about people then you can. You want to party till you drop then you can. You want to sit with your nose in a book all day then why not. Dont let other peoples actions decide what is right for you in your life. You dont have to be like the next person, be yourself.

But where are they? Where are these people who doesn't like to drink there face up? Where are these people who doesn't smoke weed or stuff like that? Where are they? I tell, you people...they are 10 years away! People around my age gets drunk all time. People around my age love to do certain things! Social norms they call it!

You certainly don't need to get drunk/party to fit in.

If you're interested in photography, take a class on it for example. Even if it's not something you want to do career wise, it can be a cool thing to get into and you can meet others who are also interested. Same goes for any interest...take a class on it, or join a club (there are tons)

sorry didnt see the not in there, you dont have to be a follower you do what you like when you like, thats the great thing about life.

You want to sit around and talk trash about people then you can. You want to party till you drop then you can. You want to sit with your nose in a book all day then why not. Dont let other peoples actions decide what is right for you in your life. You dont have to be like the next person, be yourself.

But why are we told otherwise? Why are social norms telling us otherwise?

Archived