Post here instead of contacting your ex!

I miss my best friend, not that you were near the end. I just don't understand how you cannot want to talk through things and work things out. I suppose because to you our relationship was not worth staying with whereas to me it was.

And that is hard to take.

I miss you so much. Even though it was me that ended things. I thought of how we love pho in winter time. I thought of how the days are getting slightly longer now and how much you would appreciate it. I see funny things all the time and want to tell you about it. I bought flowers for myself because you used to buy them for me all the time and they remind me that spring is coming. I wonder...will I regret letting you go? I don't know.

B

I am now altogether depressed. I feel like I have no one left. Maybe I didn't choose well, maybe this is the cleared field that will now allow flowers to grow. But for me, right now, I feel like a path of destruction. I don't know if you are missing my friendship. Maybe Ann is enough. Today, I was asked at work what would I do if you knocked on my door. Well, B I really don't know. Just to have a beer with you for f's sake? I just don't think I would bother. But if you asked for a beer, maybe I would go just to see why you asked me. I wish you were here.

I know you'll never read this but I feel like its something I need to do. I just dont understand. We seemed so happy. Our weekend away was bliss. I have never felt so comfortable with anyone in my life. I remember when we first met, I wasnt keen I'll admit it. I'd been hurt too many times before but somehow you charmed me, swept me off my feet. Now its been a week and youre charming other girls, sweeping them off their feet. Using the same lines I thought you'd saved for me. I feel like one of many. But I hope I did mean something. I know money doesnt come into it but I cant imagine you taking every girl away or spending that much money on beautiful christmas presents. I guess its just wishful thinking. You said you didnt fall as hard for me as the others. How can that be? I felt so close to you. I would have given you my right arm if I could.

But, deep down, I know that I'll do better. I'm determined to do better. You were selfish, you might have loved me but you loved yourself more. You were childish. Your view on the world was very narrow minded. I think maybe you need this. To go out into the big wide world and realise that not everyone is like me. Not everyone will live you in spite of your flaws. You might go on a few dates with a girl and you might even try and forge a relationship. And you might sit there and say it was nothing but I know what we had was something. And one day I k now 100% you will see that too. But by then it will be too late. I wont be with someone new. But I will be by myself and happy.

Good luck baby. You'll never be far from my thoughts. X

I texted you this morning about our pet's ashes, since I want to split them with you since you left me and are moving out. Even though my texts were short and only mentioned this, I wanted so badly to ask you to reconsider what you are doing. But I didn't. Slowly but surely, I am making progress. I know you got bored of us, and right now, you think the grass is greener on the other side. Let me just tell you that it's not. Sure, you'll find a new guy, and you'll get to experience "falling in love" again, but you can't run away from yourself. You need to understand what it means to be in a serious committed relationship. While they can get boring at times, if you had stayed, we could have fixed it. You needed to focus on all the good times, but the good did outweigh the bad. You are way too black or white and stubborn.

After you've moved out our apartment, you will no longer be hearing from me, because since I love(d) you so much, that is the only way I can possibly move on. I know for a fact you will regret leaving me one day.

I contacted my ex's mum instead, didn't ask about her. Just said hi and thankyou for all the love and kindness you showered on me for all those years. Break ups affect other people too that are connected to the situation, and my ex's mum suffered through it all. A truly angelic woman who will hold a dear place in my heart long after the ex is forgotten about.

I've been having a nice day off from work keeping busy and such. Just took Chloe to the dog park and the whole time I thought that you should've been there with me I know you are sitting at home right now on your day off and this feels like we are wasting time being apart.. We should be spending this time together... but I guess your alone time is more important right now. I just hope it doesn't take that much longer for you to realize we need to be back together.... I really hope your instincts tell you that it's time to start over with me and soon.

Everything reminds me of you, or at least makes me envy you in some way. I used to want you back. Now I just want to be free from this agony of missing you every single day, while simultaneously trying so very hard (and failing) to accept that you may really never want to talk to me again. You may live the rest of your life and never once even almost reconsider your decision to end it.

I'm also tired of being morbid and dramatic and emotional. I have no sense of self-worth right now and I need to pinpoint exactly why that is and fix it.

Overall, though... doing better than I was. Still I miss you so much. I wonder about you all the time...

I wish we could talk. I'm confused about work and what I want to do and you were always that person I talked to and got advice from; factual good, useful advice. and now that I need advice more than ever, I don't have you and it makes it hard to not think about you and miss you like crazy.

p.s. I really miss the sex

I thought I would write here less, as I enjoyed not talking to you at all for that period before Day 1 began and we were not in contact. Instead, I am finding it useful to write here, to force myself to talk to you. What would I say? Well, it turns out not much. Consistently, I just don't feel myself opening up to you. Regrettably, I have not had a date with anyone with your capacity for intellectual pursuits and life adventures. I have dates with people with well more capacity than you in terms of provide and profess. And with one who had extraordinary intellectual capacity. I can't tell you that I love you, nor can I tell you that I could never love you. Rather, I could love you, if I thought it were the right thing to do. You were a fantastic playmate for me, and I wonder, do I want you as a friend? But I don't wonder often. No, not really. I wouldn't be your friend and be honest. Would I be your friend with ulterior motives? That just seems dishonest. And in what way could you be a friend to me? Every way I turn the cube, I find a side that says "no, nothing here but a few good lessons". I tried praying to God to send me the right man for me, but I had to stop because God could hear my secret hidden inner voice, one that I don't dare speak out loud. And it said And please make it that Bret is he. Now, I know God hears prayers and answers them, in His way. I have to let him show me the answer. So, until I tell God, OK, I give up. Who is it? -- only then will the right man be shown to me, or rather, will I be able to see him. So, no, Bret, I have no answers that lead me to you. I kind of hope you have a few, but I expect none. I am glad for my life lessons and am traveling on, as I must, to find my destiny. If you are in it, you will find me.

Dang. I remembered that one of the last times you retreated, you were waiting for thoughts of me to evaporate but they never did. Will they now? Somehow, I don't think so. How long will you wait? You were not in love with me by the time we parted, it is part of what made the weekend harder. For some reason, I just think I will float back into your mind. I hope I am like a pleasant scent that just won't wash out.

Come back to me... don't think about the past, think about how good our future will be together. How much more can I prove that things will be different this time? I love you unconditionally. If I can forgive you, you can let go of the past and start over with me too. Aren't I worth another chance? You once told me that life had no meaning before me and that I was your princess.... please remember... please come back to me. Every relationship has problems... you don't just throw one away because it got too much. You work on things with the person you love most. Love doesn't just come around often... it is a gift. Please throw away your doubts... Take a chance. It will be worth it.. if you don't, you will regret it. We deserve to be together.

I am getting back into the swing of school and today was pretty good. I thought about you a few times but didn't miss you until somebody said something tonight about hating when people whisper in her ear because she doesn't like the heat. It reminded me of kissing you. Gosh, I miss that. I want to say sorry for everything. I want things to be okay. I know they can't. I miss you.

second day....I still can't believe you were seeing someone else when you had all those conversations with me and when we went places and we talked about returning to those places another time. I am getting angry and want you to know that of course I wasn't seeing someone else too. That is not how things are done. I didn't need to have someone in the wings 'in case' it didn't work out. I am not that insecure! You told me before we started 'dating' that you had been seeing someone but it didn't work out. If you wanted to continue with this person then why didn't you tell me and stop seeing me first!!!!! You are rude! Ugh!!!! I so want you to hear me out on this!!!!

Sigh...

I am so close to sending you a text. I have it written out and everything but I haven't sent it yet. I'm gonna sleep on it and then decide if it's worth sending to you.

I'm not sure I should even bother. I feel like I'm nothing more than a nuisance to you now, like all I do is stress you out or annoy you... no matter what I say. Not to mention you'll likely just ignore it and leave me with more hurt and confusion.

I really just want to make it clear that if you're going to be in my life you have to really be in it. I'm not even remotely interested in being your acquaintance... being someone who you'll catch up with twice a year or so. No thanks. I am willing to be your friend, though.

It's just hard. You slowly faded away and now I feel as if you've forgotten who I really am. I would give anything for the circumstances between us to be different. I'm left wondering why you even came into my life in the first place. To break my heart and crush my soul? Did I deserve that? Is Karma at work here? I don't understand. Just talk to me and we can settle everything for good. I want to know if you're happier without me in your life. If so I would delete myself from existence as far as you're concerned and I'd never burden you with me trying to reach out to you ever again. I would respect any decision you've made.

I just want answers. I deserve answers. I doubt I'll ever get them, same as I doubt I'll ever hear your voice again. My God... it's been way too long since we've really talked. Why can I not let you go!? AHHH! I'm so sick of being stuck in this hole.

Ugh... today has been a rough one.

What do you do these days? Other than work? How do you overcome the 'no friends free at the weekend'? I've been so used to always having you in my life. I miss you.

P.s - It's hard to imagine never seeing you again. I find that hard x

You said that we are meant to be together forever and people will give examples of our love. Then why the hell you emotionally cheated me? You mentally tortured me enough so that i called off wedding a week before it was about to happen. You still got married on the same dates with another guy. You had the master plan. I wish he treats you like a crap once honey money phase would be over. Its really hard to move on imagining you are having mind blowing sex with him. But i am sure you will screw up again. You can never live happily in the relation which is based on deception, lying and cheating.

I miss how passionately you kissed me, even though the physical sensation has been replaced. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't meet someone new this semester. I hate that you have her. I hate that she has the same name as me. I miss your long hugs and our tearful goodbyes. I hope you become lonely at home during this winter break and think about us. I hope she dumps you when she realizes how unintelligent and narcissistic you can be. **** you.