A Thread For Those Of Us Losing Weight

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to lose 24 pounds...somewhere around there. I have been very on-again, off-again and I tend to burn myself out because I go through phases of being super motivated and energized...and wind up injuring myself. I've been working out steadily since May with no weight loss, but have definitely built more muscle and have toned up quite a bit. I was jogging daily, but I've since determined that it does me more harm than good. Now I am fast walking everyday and 2 days a week I lift weights in the gym. I'm planning on getting a tennis racket so I can use the practice wall as another form of cardio.

I am now also tracking my food intake.

weight CAN fluctuate around 5 lbs through the course of one day..

having said that i weighed out at 106-108 last night on my scale that i am certain underweighs you every single time.

woke up weighing 110. ha.

piece of shh...

down from 115-120 beginning of this year.

Ok, so last night I set the alarm for 5:30. This morning I turned it OFF at 5:30 and slept for another 45 minutes. still no motivation.

You just have to force your self to do it, if you don't go then you will never do it. Once you get there it's awesome and you will feel great after! Trust me; this is coming from some who used to be the epitome of lazy!!!

good for you! that is quite an accomplishment!

Thanks, it gave me the extra motivation to keep on. Nice to see about 3 inches off my waist and 2 or so inches off the thighs. Then the 7% drop in body fat, the increase on balance, stamina and strength. All round its great.

Nice incentive to keep going. Obviously not every month will be like that as the first month of a good balanced diet and exercise plan is a shock to the body, and after a while the body will get used to it and will slow up. But still, 30-45 minutes hard cardio 7 days a week and a healthy diet...no weight training yet a strength increase...

Archived