A Thread For Those Of Us Losing Weight

Possibly its a gain caused by muscle, not fat?

Anyway, I got into a smaller shirt size today. Not a huge difference on the scales from what I can tell, but still feels good being able to comfortably get those smaller shirts over my stomach (could always getem over my chest and through my arms) and for them to feel loose enough that I am going to start wearing them again

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to lose 8 more pounds..but i stepped on the scale today and i weigh 3-4 more pounds than usual : (. It seems to go up and down a lot. I've heard that it's a common thing, but it always makes me feel worst..

I'm not really following a specific diet - i guess i'm just trying to eat balanced meals through out the day. I try to limit my sugar intake as much as a i can, and i don't eat a lot of junk food anymore.

shift in water weight. how do you feel in your own skin? don't always go by a scale for progress.

that you in your avatar?

shift in water weight. how do you feel in your own skin? don't always go by a scale for progress.

that you in your avatar?

I don't know..i guess water weight might be a part of it? But i think i should be exercising a lot more too : [.

oh that's not me in my avatar lol

I have a couple of questions for you, ghost69.

First of all, I'm not trying to lose weight. I'd like to stay at my weight, but lose the fat and gain some muscle. Actually, it's just the belly fat that bothers me. I don't necessarily want a six pack, I just want to flatten my belly! I've been working at it for about two months, and have lost about 5 lbs, but definitely seen the belly go down. Lately I've seen no improvements like before.

I've heard that it's good to do aerobic work after your weight training (or vice-versa?) to maximize whichever is the latter. Is it true, and which way is it? (I'm sure I've heard both)

Also, morning VS evening workouts... which is better, if any? Right now I do it whenever I can muster enough motivation, so it's about even.

Lastly, I've heard mixed advice about drinking water and eating after workouts. I've heard some say to do both, as you need to replenish. I've also heard to only do one or the other. I think it wouldn't make sense to not drink water after the workout, so I disregard that, but how long should I wait, if at all, to eat after a workout. I usually work up quite an appetite but wait for at least an hour, or sometimes not eat at all if I workout late.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

The machine that I've found the most effective is the stairmaster/stepper...but I've noticed most gyms don't have those now. It seems to go by trends, like now there are ellipticals everywhere which I hate. What I do is use the treadmill with incline intervals.

The machine that I've found the most effective is the stairmaster/stepper...but I've noticed most gyms don't have those now. It seems to go by trends, like now there are ellipticals everywhere which I hate. What I do is use the treadmill with incline intervals.

Yeah...what's up with that? I LOVED the stairmaster...now I can't find it either. I don't like the elipticals as much and I detest walking on a treadmill, thus, I don't exercise........

Do you guys have your workouts all planned out / written down? (number of minutes spent on each exercise?)

I just realized that this might be why i haven't been doing so well. I usually don't plan it out at all : [. I tried writing it all down today, so maybe it will help me in some way to have more of a structure..

I don't have it planned out, I just dance every night for 1 to 2 hours. Also, I'm almost never hungry lately.

And a huge saver: Sugar Free Jello. Eat as much as you want, it fills you up, it's sweet, some flavors are really good, and almost no caloriessss

So artifical

I just looked it up and found kraft jello. I don't think I could do it to myself.

Ingredients

Gelatin, Adipic Acid (for Tartness), Disodium Phosphate (Controls Acidity), Maltodextrin (from Corn), Fumaric Acid (for Tartness), Aspartame (Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.) (Sweetener), Contains Less than 2% of Artificial Flavor, Acesulfame Potassium (Sweetener), Salt, Blue 1, Red 40.

Archived