A Thread For Those Of Us Losing Weight

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need some help with my weight loss...I seem to be a little stuck. I don't know if what I am doing is wrong or something.

In April I hit what I like to call "rock bottom" with my weight. I decided that this year I was going to loose the excess weight. I started to exercise and eat healthier. I am eating roughly 1000 calories a day and so far I have lost 20 pounds. I weight every sunday as I have read that 3 pounds a week is a reasonable weight loss goal. I have gone down 4 pant sizes.

I am 5'2 and I am weighing 170. I eat very healthy (I am a vegetarian). I stick to vegetables, fruits, and brown rice. I don't starve myself at all I just snack on healthy items.

I eat a grapefruit a day as well as a lot of fruits and veggies. I also drink a gallon of water a day. I am exercising 2-3 days a week and every-time I go to the gym I am doing cardio. I also do muscle confusion. I burn off about 350 calories every single time that I go. Today when I went to go weigh myself the scale showed that I had gained 2 pounds. I know its not a big deal but still...am I doing something wrong? I am paranoid of gaining weight that I have lost.

Is there something else that I should be doing? I am not looking for crash diets I am looking for tips that I will help me to lose the weight in a healthy manner. I would welcome any tips or suggestions. Has anyone else been in this position before? and if so can you let me know what you did?

Lots of fruits a day is not a great idea. I don't know what you mean by lots, but yea, just watch it.

Also muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe you're just gaining more muscle. You may also have been retaining liquids...

Do you eat a lot of salt? That'll make you retain liquid and weight more.

I need to lose weight too, about 10-15 lbs would be great!

I have been losing weight little by little since I got our new dog.. but I need to step it up a notch. I think I've lost about 7-8 lbs though since 2 months ago.. so at least it's a start...

Love to be back in a size 8 by fall, that would be irie!

I need to stop eating the "bad foods", chips & carbs are my downfall.

I find even if I eat a bowl of ice cream, it doesn't add the lbs the way eating handfuls of chips do.

I just got a bag of those mini-bag of chips yesterday and notice I'm a lb heavier, even though I walked a good bit yesterday.

Need to start drinking more water too. Find drinking cold water REALLY helps you to lose weight.

Don't ask me why.. just must flush you out.. I think we ALL need to drink more water anyway.

well, that and two doughnut holes.. Maybe cud we put what we are eating each day down here and if we lost weight or not?

That wud def. help us keep track of our progress and just why or why not we are/aren't losing weight!

Good thread, glad u started it.

I haven't lost any more weight, but the body fat % on my scales is starting to go down. Even though it's probably not accurate, I look for change more than anything else. I'm hoping to be buff as hell by October. Goodbye flab and boobs!

Dragon lady, your scale will tell you your BODY FAT??

that's great! Yeah.... that IS the nice thing bout being overweight.. you get great cleavage.. I think the bosom is size D in the bosom since I gained back all this weight, and even some of my size D bras don't seem to fit that well, might need a double D.

I think I'd trade that though for skinnier arms and a less flabby stomach.k

I would like to lose 24 pounds...somewhere around there. I have been very on-again, off-again and I tend to burn myself out because I go through phases of being super motivated and energized...and wind up injuring myself. I've been working out steadily since May with no weight loss, but have definitely built more muscle and have toned up quite a bit. I was jogging daily, but I've since determined that it does me more harm than good. Now I am fast walking everyday and 2 days a week I lift weights in the gym. I'm planning on getting a tennis racket so I can use the practice wall as another form of cardio.

I am now also tracking my food intake.

Those are ALL great ideas redrose... esp.. the tracking the food thing.

Was in weight watchers a few years back, they had a slogan.. you bite, you write, meaning write down what you ate that day.

also... love to start doing tennis.. wish there was a place that had a backcourt where I could play solo, not sure I know of anyone who also plays tennis in my area.. but great and FUN cardio exercise!

Dragon lady, your scale will tell you your BODY FAT??

that's great! Yeah.... that IS the nice thing bout being overweight.. you get great cleavage.. I think the bosom is size D in the bosom since I gained back all this weight, and even some of my size D bras don't seem to fit that well, might need a double D.

I think I'd trade that though for skinnier arms and a less flabby stomach.k

Yep, it gives an estimate of body fat. It's not perfect, so I look for fluctuations in % more than that actual number.

I'm not actually overweight at this point (BMI= 19.5). I'm just trying to get rid of my flabby bits. I'm quite top heavy, so it's a delight when the boobs get smaller. Right now I'm a triple D and I want to get down to a D.

Unfortunately, I've had to put the exercise on hold for the past 2 weeks. I'm very busy with school at the moment. I will get back into it on Monday when I'm done with exams. The good thing is I haven't gained any weight in that time despite an increase in eating bad food!

Yep, it gives an estimate of body fat. It's not perfect, so I look for fluctuations in % more than that actual number.

I'm not actually overweight at this point (BMI= 19.5). I'm just trying to get rid of my flabby bits. I'm quite top heavy, so it's a delight when the boobs get smaller. Right now I'm a triple D and I want to get down to a D.

Unfortunately, I've had to put the exercise on hold for the past 2 weeks. I'm very busy with school at the moment. I will get back into it on Monday when I'm done with exams. The good thing is I haven't gained any weight in that time despite an increase in eating bad food!

BMI 19.5?

why are you dieting?

^ I know that. I'm just saying that I'm not overweight. I go by body fat % now.

BMI would apply to me though since I'm not a body builder. It works for ordinary body types.

oh, i know, BMI is basically an average for most people. i was just trying ot make a point that if BMI is what you are going by and you don't feel good enough, toss that out the window. or if you do feel good and BMI is telling you that you are fat or too skinny, but you look smokin, forget about it.

just like the ridiculous arm pinch clamp thing saying some ridiculous % of body fat. mmm, yeah okay.

oh, i know, BMI is basically an average for most people. i was just trying ot make a point that if BMI is what you are going by and you don't feel good enough, toss that out the window. or if you do feel good and BMI is telling you that you are fat or too skinny, but you look smokin, forget about it.

just like the ridiculous arm pinch clamp thing saying some ridiculous % of body fat. mmm, yeah okay.

dunno about all of that, but when I took measurements this weekend, my waist and chest were the same size. I'd like some difference in those measurements, LOL.

Archived