Giving a ride to a friend and his girlfriend

Just something minor that bothered me.

The other night me, my friend, and his gf were at the same party. We live in the same neighbourhood so he asked me if he can take him and his gf home after the party. I agreed. Heres the part that kinda bothered me. He sat at the back with his gf while I was alone at the front driving them home. He was holding his gf, making out with her, etc while I was playing the taxi driver. I find this a bit rude. If I was in his position I would like to sit next to my gf but I think it's respectful to sit next to him at the front so he doesn't feel uncomfortable since he's the one taking us home.

Anyone else agree with me or am I just a baby?

What should someone do in that situation? vice versa if it was a girl driving her friend and his bf home. Interested to know other people's opinions.

Thanks

I don't see the problem here? He sat in the back with his girlfriend, now the making out may have been a bit too much but I don't see why him sitting in the back with his gf is such a problem.

I guess you never drive alone? You always have someone sitting up front with you?

Nah. I drive alone all the time.

I know I sound like a drama queen but I'm actually a really outgoing guy. Don't know why that bothered me but it did. They were making out and having a full on romantic whisper talk session and didn't talk to me the whole way home. Just found it a bit rude.

It was rude that they basically ignored you but not much you can do. Like another poster said, they were probably drunk.. All you can do is move on and not dwell over it. If it was me, i'd be sitting in the back with my guy but I wouldn't be all making out and crap.

ps. they were not drunk. It was just a quiet bday dinner with no alcohol involved.

are they young or in a new relationship?

If it was me driving I probably would have stopped right where we were at and asked if they'd like me to take them to a hotel.. LOL just the type of person I am.

I absolutely hate when people do this when I'm driving. Have some respect; I'm doing you a favor. Ha ha.

I have done it before though...

Just let it go. Appreciate their relationship. It sounds cutesy and nice.

i'd actually have his gf sit up front with me. that's how me and my friends roll. respect. unless she wants to sit in back. sitting in back together would be kind of rude to me....the making out part is immature to do in your car though.

it's not superbad:

creepy dude: you know one of you could have sat up front with me.

I think it is kind of rude, since they asked you for a favor. No matter how young I am or how fresh the relationship is, I am able to pull myself away for some time from my partner and show respect to someone else. When I am in a car with more people and the person sitting in the front is getting out earlier, someone from the back would move forward in order to keep the driver company. That's just manners IMHO

Archived