Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey HM.....my brother named his son Landon...I really like that name

and it's not extremely common. My sis named her daughter Savannah....

Braxton is nice too!!!!

I lik ethe name Landon. I really don't like the name Braxton. it's just too trendy for me.

That's what I've tried telling her--she's naming a baby, a toddler, a child, a pre-teen, a teenager, a college student, an adult, a middle-aged man, and an old man. The name has to carry him through life and it's a name that's cute on a baby but goofy sounding on an adult.

My doctor told me I could have up to 3 cups of coffee a day with caffeine in it.

(Actual measured cups not 3 Starbucks coffees)

All the advice is so contradictory when it comes to pregnancy - decaf is bad because of the chemicals they put in to decaf it... so caf. is better etc... I say stick to anything in moderation except drugs...

I have been buying so much stuff for my sister's baby! Today I bought her a cute aquarium bouncer (fish/water themed), a bunch of clothes/bibs/burping cloths, a baby bathtub, and more clothes. I bought some stuff at a consignment store and some stuff (the bouncer and baby bathtub) from a woman off of Craigslist and the stuff is in such good condition and clean! I also bought 2 Baby Bjorns for $30 used (Target sells them for $85 each!). So I need to stop spending so much money on this baby, but I'm so excited!

On another note, they're nixing the Braxton name all together it seems. She likes Lucas Harold (Harold was our Poppy's name) but her husband doesn't. He actually chose Axel and Dalton....looks like my sister will be choosing the names for sure....

Oh yeah, no used car seats. I'm letting the grandparents spend the $200 on those!!

My sister is using a friend's crib. Her friend's baby just got a toddler bed so they're letting my sister have their crib since they don't need it anymore. It's a good friend of my sister's so she knows where it's been and such.

Pregnant bellies are squishy. I really never would've guessed. I always thought they were rock hard. That's what they've always looked like to me.

My sister and her husband came in town today. I was so excited to see them and the belly! I haven't seen her since before she got pregnant so I couldn't wait to touch it! And it's squishy.

I can't wait to start talking to it

They definetly can be rock hard. Mine is not squishy at all. I assume it depends how much fat you carry on it but mine is definetly firmer than my arms, legs or ass It only comes second to my head.

It feels like I am flexing hard rock abs 24/7. Except I don't have those... hahahaha!

She might have a lot of fat deposit on her belly over elsewhere (it depends where your fat naturally accumulates) and might not be far enough along for it to spread out. It might take her uterus a bit more growing to become "rock hard".

Well her stomach has always been pretty flat, except when she was a kid. She's never had abs but most of her fat is carried in her thighs and butt like me. It wasn't squishy like jello but it was definitely softer than I expected.

Sooo...in our family, we have big butts. Like big butts. Guys love em. Sure, we like them ok. But the funny thing is that my sister's butt is the size of her pregnant belly...and it's pretty funny. She says she's S-Shaped! She's too cute!

image removed

Sooo...in our family, we have big butts. Like big butts. Guys love em. Sure, we like them ok. But the funny thing is that my sister's butt is the size of her pregnant belly...and it's pretty funny. She says she's S-Shaped! She's too cute!

Hehe, I totally understand what she means. I suffer from the same syndrome. Though I have a bit less fat then her so it doesn't look as prominent!! The worst part is that I suffer from scolliosis so my spine is already shaped in S form >_

I love how she is sporting dresses in all the pictures. I couldn't pull it off earlier in the pregnancy, it made me have no shape. Maybe now I could though.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister told me yesterday she finally figured out the baby is kicking! She said she's been feeling it for weeks but she thought it was just gas bubbles b/c it feels really similar. But she was curious yesterday and put her hands on her belly when she was feeling that and her hands jumped!

I can't wait to feel her belly when he kicks!

She said a friend told her when she was about 6 months pregnant, she could poke her baby and her baby woudl poke back. My sister wants to try that so she can start interacting with him!

I'm planning her baby shower right now. Baby shower games = cheesy...I'll leave the food up to my mom and I'm on a mission to try to find better and cooler games than measuring than mom's belly with a piece of yarn...

Today I caught myself saying "If I ever have kids". What's all that aboot? I've been childfree for so long and have said so many times "I don't want kids. My right guy won't have kids. I want to be sterilized. I won't change my mind (side note: Freudian slip maybe?--I just typed "I may change my mind" and then had to backspace to change it to "wont")". All kinds of things about ripping my uterus out and stomping it to death, preaching how I am going to get to do the things I want to do b/c I won't have kids holding me back. Well guess what? I still haven't done what I've wanted to do. Traveling to Europe hasn't happened yet b/c I can't for the life of me figure out how to budget my money enough to save up to go over there. Why am I continuing to preach? On second thought, why am I catching myself saying "IF" instead of what I've been saying all these years? Am I a CF joke now? Am I one of those people who parents are going to look at and say "I thought I didn't want kids either..."? Is my pride going to get in the way of doing what I want? Do I even want that? Why am I questioning this?

I'll tell you what it is. It's that damned "16 and Pregnant" show on MTV. I'm shaking my first in the air as I type this. I'm not 16 adn I'm not pregnant and I hate MTV but I was glued to that show. I felt like it glamorized teenage pregnancy, sending the message that hey, it's not so hard after all! And I feel like a wave of teenage pregnancies are now going to occur. I'm starting to feel increasingly overprotective of teenagers "in love". Just tonight I Debbie Downer-ed a 17-year-old new poster who was talking about hwo much he loves his 15-year-old girlfriend. I felt the need to tell him to wrap it up and that teenage love doesn't always last. What happened to "live and let live"? Why am I so concerned about what these kids are doing?

Another thing is that in my need to quickly knit baby blankets for all these people I know who are pregnant, I'm realizing how many babies are being born instead of people adopting kids who need homes. Much like I tell people "don't breed or buy while shelter animals die", I am starting to feel the need to tell people not to get pregnant and to adopt instead (thoug I never would). The irony is that I coudln't wait for my sister to get pregnant and wanted her to have a baby. So many people have called me selfish for not wanting to have kids, when I think it's selfish to bring a human being into a world that's depreciating without giving thought to others out there who are dying b/c there's not enough food and resources.

I'm just starting to fear our world's resources dwindling to the point of complete panic and chaos, meanwhile people are still reproducing more kids who produce garbage and use up our resources and food.

Where the hell is all this responsibility and overprotection coming from? I have no idea.

EDITING TO ADD: I do know that "if" I ever change my mind and decide to have kids that I'd adopt. I've said that ever since I was a kid and pregnancy freaks me out, so that's a plus!

I completely agree with you about the show "16 and Pregnant"...

That was my exact opinion when I saw the show, and I was glued to it too. Sure, it showed the girls not being able to go out as much with their friends, and worrying about stretch marks.

But what it failed to show were girls who got thrown out by their parents, or abandoned by their boyfriends and have NO WHERE to go...

It seemed to me that their stress came from superficial places in the grand scheme of things, and they all got a happy ending. Living with mom and dad, boyfriend is still around, have everything they need for the baby, have unlimited sources of childcare, have engagement rings. Completely glamorized.

I wish they had shown what it was like for one of the many teenage mothers who struggle to pay for diapers and food, because they can't afford childcare and can't work. The girls who lost the support of their families, and ended up alone.

My sister told me yesterday she finally figured out the baby is kicking! She said she's been feeling it for weeks but she thought it was just gas bubbles b/c it feels really similar. But she was curious yesterday and put her hands on her belly when she was feeling that and her hands jumped!

I can't wait to feel her belly when he kicks!

She said a friend told her when she was about 6 months pregnant, she could poke her baby and her baby woudl poke back. My sister wants to try that so she can start interacting with him!

I'm planning her baby shower right now. Baby shower games = cheesy...I'll leave the food up to my mom and I'm on a mission to try to find better and cooler games than measuring than mom's belly with a piece of yarn...

Oohh baby shower games.......I love them!!! Have you thought of any yet?

When is she due?

Love the pics, she is packing a butt huh? I bet she's gorgeous.....I'm soooo happy for you.

Oohh baby shower games.......I love them!!! Have you thought of any yet?

When is she due?

Love the pics, she is packing a butt huh? I bet she's gorgeous.....I'm soooo happy for you.

She's due Nov 22. I wrote a thread on baby shower crap:

Any help is appreciated!!

She definitely has a butt. Always has. In high school, her nickname was GB (short for "Ghetto Booty").

Today my sister wrote that "Luke" is happy b/c of the dinner she had. I guess tehy're all set on Luke for the baby's name! I'm a little disappointed though that his middle name won't be Harold now. She said they changed their minds and are going for Luke Wesley (Wesley is her husband's brother's name). I really was happy they were going for Harold after our grandfather. But it's their baby. Luke is a good name.

Archived