Open Club  ·  71 members  ·  Free

Journals

My sister is 12 weeks pregnant. She went for her ultrasound today. She called me after freaking out b/c she said she can't be in denial anymore. There's an ACTUAL baby in there! She said she heard the heart beat and it was beating so fast, and she coudl see it waving its little arms and legs. She said it has a little belly too. I told her it's probably going to have a big pot belly like she and I did as babies. She replied, "Pair that with my husband's belly, and that kid's belly will be a good one!"

She finally said "Oh my god there's a f*****g kid in there!" She's in such disbelief. She's going to take herself to Chipotle for dinner, haha.

She's going to scan in the ultrasound picture later and send it to me. I'll be sure to post it.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to see this kid and love it and watch it grow up. She will find out in 5 weeks if it'll be a girl or boy. I want to take a trip down to Orlando to go to that ultrasound wiht her, but I don't think I'll be able to because of work I really want to be there to share that moment with them!

I've been looking on Craigslist for used baby stuff to buy. I am looking mostly for those little vibrating chairs and mobiles and decorations. I'm going to have a car full of stuff when I visit her again!!

Can't wait.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww so cute!! It really is such a shock to realize that there is actually a little tiny baby inside you, hell this is my 3rd pregnancy and I still cried after my first ultrasound just thinking "OMG!! I have a kid inside me (x2)"... and it's so awesome you want to buy all the baby stuff for her So sweet! Just be sure not to buy a used carseat!!

This is so exciting! It's so surreal. I can't believe my sister made a baby. I can't wait to see what it is. I think it looks like a boy

image removed

Oh my goodness, the ultrasound is so clear!! You are going to be an Auntie!

I know!! It's so weird. She said it's weird seeing the picture but it was even weirder to see it waving its hands and legs around!!

I really think it looks like a boy. I don't know why! Am I crazy?

I had no idea about a used carseat till my client told me. Are they really that fragile? She said no used cribs either? Why not?

You can never know if they have been in a wreck or not and also carseats do expire (Most people don't realize that). It is always safer to buy a new one. As for cribs, the reason used cribs are kinda iffy is because you can never be sure when they were made and you have to worry about lead paint, the bars being too far apart (posing a hazard) and other things that could really pose a danger to a baby.

I finished my first baby blanket last night. I can't decide if I want to give it to my sister or to a friend who's having a baby soon. I sort of feel like it should stay in the family b/c it's my first, but I want to make my sister a different one with a different yarn. But here's the blanket! I like it.

you did a good job on that blanket!! My son has 3 knitted blankets that he still sleeps with to this day and he is 4, 2 that my sister in law made for him and 1 that a lady that we didn't even know made him while he was in the hospital. I love those blankets.

I went home to FL this weekend to visit friends. My 2 childhood best friends, their daughters, and I, along with one's mom and her partner and her partner's grandsons, went to the beach. My cousin and his wife and their daughter joined us. We had 6 kids 5 years old and under at the beach. It was windy and the waves were huge! We really had to keep an eye on the kids.

My best friend from kindergarten, S, has 2 girls--a 5 year old and a 3 year old. Our best friend from childhood, J, has a 3 year old. My cousin's daughter is about to turn 3.

They had so much fun playing in the water. S's 5 year old wanted me to throw her, so I did. I thought I'd hurt her b/c when she came up, she looked so scared and distraught, but she said "AGAIN!!" and jumped in my arms. I threw her a few times and then she wanted to jump off my shoulders. That doesn't work well when you're 5 feet tall, so needless to say, I ended up with a nose full of water.

My cousin's daughter kept going out too far, despite wearing her floaties, so I would go and grab her and bring her back. Later, she and S's 3 year old wanted to jump over waves, so I held their hands to help them jump. It was adorable. One was very late on her jumping and did it too late, and the other was jumping them well, as much as a 3 year old could jump.

I had such a fun time wth all of them.

My cousin asked me again why I don't want kids b/c I have so much fun with all of them, so I told him that they have to feed them and clothe them and spank them and discipline them and teach them things; I get to be the fun auntie who throws them in the water at the beach. Big difference!

It's funny, even after all that time spent at the beach and seeing how cute and wonderful those kids are, I still don't have that "yearning" to have them. People seem to think a day spent with them will do that to me. It hasn't. But I still had fun.

Here's me with Skylar and Belle jumping over the waves. I love these girls.

image removed

My sister sent me a belly shot today. She'll be 15 weeks pregnant on Sunday. She's got the cutest little bump! I just want to go poke it and talk to it and tell it I will love it to bits!

She finds out the sex on June 17. I can't wait to find out what it is! Still not budging on the Braxton name though...blah.

how do you figure? look at that forehead! It's totally a boy! (I really have no idea how to tell if it's a boy or girl by a forehead but it's the best I can do haha)

LMAO @ Forehead!!

Could be a guess based on how she is carrying (Old Wives Tale..) but I just feel like it's a girl.. You'll have to post and let us know if i'm right or wrong haha You should totally start a poll haha

I was talking to my sister today and she said her husband is hell-bent on filming the birth of their baby (he's a filmmaking instructor at an art school in their city) and she will therefore need a coach and asked me if I'd like to be in the delivery room with her. She said she had 2 reasons for asking me--she doesn't want our mom in there b/c mom gets dramatic and hysterical and doesn't want our mom to feel left out if her husband's mom is in there; and she also thought it'd be a good experience for me since I don't want kids for myself and I can at least say I got to witness childbirth once in my childfree life.

I was so excited!! I'd been wanting her to ask me but was scared to ask her if I could be b/c I wasn't sure if she wanted it to be just a thing with her and her husband.

I can't wait!! I don't want to have any vaginal tearing or all kinds of goop for myself but hey it's my sister so her goop can be my goop, metaphorically speaking.

She also said I should move to orlando instead of tampa b/c I can be their free babysitter haha. Who knows what I'll do...

My sister finds out Wednesday what she's having. I can barely sit still, I'm so excited. I'm looking around for baby stuff on Craigslist that I can buy her but I'm trying to hold back till I know what she's having so I can buy accordingly.

My cousin's wife is due the same day my sister is and they found out they're having a boy. Oh I can't wait to see what my sister is having!!!

She's getting annoyed with all of the pregnancy "advice" she's getting from strangers. Everyone seems to know something about pregnancy to tell her. One lady at a coffee place told my sister she wouldn't sell her decaf coffee b/c pregnant ladies aren't supposed to drink coffee. My sister tried explaining that decaf is ok but the lady was so mean about it. She finally got her coffee but she felt really angry that this lady acted as though she knew more about the baby than my sister does. Then a bouncer at a night club told her they weren't responsible if my sister lost her baby b/c of the loud music (she went to see her friend's band play, a pretty low-key band and she was sitting at a table). She's getting really annoyed.

They're reconsidering the name Braxton b/c she's tired of hearing all the Braxton-Hicks contractions references. They are leaning more toward Jeremy now, which I really like.

Will update on Wednesday when I find out!!

Archived