THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 2:

Today could have been day 5 but I had to flip out the other day and called her. Oh well today I feel good. Been exercising and trying to live my life and study hard. Its getting easier now that I am more focused on myself. I still miss her though. Can't wait to show her what a mistake she made for dumping me.

Days 1-4

Restarted no contact ever since she texted me the other day. The first few days were brutal, i went digging and uncovered some information i would have been better off not knowing. I'm starting to understand that ignorance is bliss, and if i keep digging im going to continue to hurt myself. On day 4 now, and today is the first day i dont feel compelled to search up her friends on facebook or log into WoW to see if shes playing or not. I know shes playing, i know the guys shes playing with are probably hounding her because shes female, but whatever. If thats the path she wants to take then so be it.

I'm going out to train with my brother today and were gonna get some good eats afterwords. I've been able to play xbox games again, as i dont feel the need to stare at my screen all day waiting for some sort of message. I got another e-mail typed out, but i have no plans on sending it just yet. We shall see how i feel at the one month mark. Tomorrow will be the 1 month anniversary of our break up, but for some reason i'm just not as focused on it as i thought i would be. Good days a head, i hope.

My ex has so much going in her life that I really don't believe she will contact me. I am not trying to potray the relationship as perfect but i do believe it is more about what is going on in her lafe at the moment. The tragic thing to me is that we both will be in different "places" by the time things settle down for her. I dont have a lot invested in fate. I believe you have to work for things. Yep, i know, the harder you work to save the relationship, the further it gets away from you. What a mes. I do refuse to let this whole thing define me. I am doing OK but would love to hear from her.

Thanks fro sharing Howinvolutar

Day 20

Feeling ok. I actually have a date tonight. O know that I'm not ready to have a relationship now nut I am so looking forward to it. I have known her for years as friends only. She also knows about my breakup.

NC is doing me good. I can feel it. I kinda wish it wasn't so effective.

Day 5

I can feel the healing process starting to take its effect. Last night was great. Training with my brother and watching everyone else train helped me relieve some stress. I was able to keep myself from signing in anything to check up on her aside from AIM. I still wonder what shes up too, but whatever, it's her life now, and at the moment im not a part of it. If i continue to dig then im going to just continue down this downward spiral and i will never move on.

I'm starting to accept that it may take months, maybe even longer, before reconciliation is possible, and by then who knows, maybe ill be with someone else or maybe i'll want to be alone.

Day... I dunno, 90, 100? since my last contact of any kind. But in reality im going to place the marker at closer to 200.

Dont worry everyone there is life after your ex. And try not to think too hard about not being able to contact them, it doesnt mean you will NEVER speak to them again. It is just the time you are taking to get used to the idea of running your own life for yourself and getting used to them not being there.

Your lives are just opening up to all the possibilities, so enjoy it, take it in and make the best of it.

Ugh today is bloody sucky.

How do you guys stop remembering the anniversary date of when you got together?

I've been working out constantly, and flirt with everyone.

Apparently, I kept on checking on my damn phone just to think my ex would text me out of the blue.

Oh yeah another factor, last night I dreamt of my ex trying to contact me constantly but I just ignored it.

Damn mix signals. [Having a rough day]

DAY 77. So 11 weeks no contact.

I'm really proud of myself. No longer am I the girl that couldn't live without him. I can =) and I'm doing it every single day.

I know he misses me lol. Oh that gives me alittle more satisfaction knowing that even if he keeps waiting for me to reply (was contacted sometime last month), I never will. Bc I deserve more. I need to love myself too, I can't simply place his feelings first like how I used to do. I'm slowly rebuilding myself bit by bit. Sometime in the future, when I'm nearly whole again... I will try again at love. Though it would be alot harder to let my guard down ever again.

Day 11.

Friday going into a weekend. I dread the loneliness of the weekends. Yes, I'm getting out and meeting people, but I have only one friend who lives near me. The rest are scattered about the country. My ex works in the same building but I rarely see her. But when I hear people mention her name, it's like a dagger in my stomache. I am plagued by the thought that this could have turned out so differently. Today may just be a time for grieving. I'm just plain sad. &@£*# it.

Day 6 (day 31 if you want to get technical)

Another great day. Slept in, went out to the bar, went dancing, got some good food. I even dressed myself up real good today, much more than i normally do for the bar. Casual bar day turned into snazzy bar day. I just wish i could have gotten pictures of me on that dance floor with the select few girls i was dancing with. Yeah, you could say it's to make her jealous, but for a totally different reason this time around. Not to win her back, but to piss her off. To make her realize that history -doesnt- repeat itself, and that im fully capable of taking care of myself and having a good time without her in my life.

It's a great feeling to reach that point, let me tell you.

Day 5

Last night went out with friends for a birthday. Was fun but it was in the area where my ex was working. It was getting really late as well and I knew my ex was going to finish soon and I did not want to see her just yet. So the night was spoiled since I was trying to have a good time but the image of me and my ex doing the activities me and my friends were currently doing (shooting pool) popped in my head and made me wish I took her to do those things. These days of NC is like a rollercoaster, some days I feel great and some days I really miss her.

DAY 17 -

I just decided to accept the challenge since i just found this website and this thread. Its been almost 3 weeks since ive spoken with my ex. The last time we spoke it was about nothing special...we had just finished separating bills and thats all she wanted to do. I feel like all is being lost. I still wake up every day sad. In my mind she is on a very long vacation. As it seems now, she will probably never be coming back. She said she was over me. We were living together for 2 years and dating for almost 4 years. I was planning on asking her to marry me this year on our 4 year anniversary. Sadly it will never happen. I have good days where im sad but dont cry. However i there are days when i think of her and just sob, wishing and hoping that she would just call or send me a message saying how much she misses me and why not try it just 1 more time. I will continue with no contact. I really hope and wish she does miss me in this time. I dont know what else to do...its almost been 3 months since we ended it and i miss her every day.

day 22

Time is flying for me. My date went very well. I had a great time. We are going to see each other again. Before the date, I told her about my situation. She had o concerns. I will go slowly, very slowly, and be open to spending time with other women.

Day 7

Had my usual ups and downs today, but i haven't woken up depressed in nearly a week now, so that's a huge plus. I signed up for a dating site the other day, i know a few people have told me not to get back into the dating scene yet because i will compare everyone to her, but i don't think that will be the case anymore. Plus im not really looking for anything serious, just trying to meet up with a few people to boost my confidence and see what ends up happening. I've already gotten some positive responses, so that's really helped. I've reached the point to where i dont really care what she is doing anymore, i just check out of habit, and i have a feeling that habit will be broken soon. I feel so much stronger after all of this. The negativity i held towards myself before and during the relationship is gone now. I almost feel like a new person because of it. I just need to fix the apparent laziness that i've become accustomed to over the past few weeks, and i'll be back on the right track. Still considering therapy though, i think talking to a professional will be highly beneficial to me in the long run.

Waking up looking forward to what each day might bring me, its such a good feeling.

A bit of background

I will be joining this challenge. The longest I've gone in the last 6 months was one month, and then he contacted me and then it's been a merry go ride since.

We never dated, but the intensity of our relationship and past history made it seem as if we did. So I need to approach this as though it were a break up.

I debated waiting until December to see him, but realized I will likely just be postponing the inevitable. And that will be two month when I could have moved on a bit.

This is not so much trying to get him back, its more for me trying to get over this and back to the person I was. I do not like this pathetic figure I have become. Longing to hear his voice, wanting all texts to be from him etc. Its unhealthy. I ought to have done this a long time ago, but our history and friendship held me back. No longer. When I am totally over him, then I can truly be his friend. Right now, me yearning for his love and him basically saying he is not ready for a relationship is not a good recipe for friendship. I'd be lying to myself.

I will send out my last email tomorrow evening. So NC will start Tuesday.

Please wish me luck.

Day 80

Getting strong urges to break nc. =(

Cried quite abit this early morning. Didn't get to sleep until 7am.

I have a feeling my determination to do NC forever ain't coming true.

I think I shall reply him when I'm ready and over it. Perhaps in December.

He put me through so much. But I can't help feeling the way I do.

It's sad that we're strangers again.

I don't plan on getting back with him, and right now am so unsure as to what it is I want with him, but I just know that it'd be comforting to have him in my life. Kinda makes me frustrated to admit that, but it's true.

Aiming for NC 120 days.

Then will see if I would choose to continue or to break it.

Day 1

I am new here, I was engaged to be married Oct. 10 and I came home the Friday before my wedding and my fiance had taken his things and left a note. It has only been a little over a week now, and I am still trying to get him to get his stuff out of the house. I am also still hoping to stay friends with him, because he was my best friend, and I don't really have anyone else. So I may have to start my 30 days over.