THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 53

It seems like all my progress is gone...I didn't even do anything different but I feel depressed and worried about this again. Every time I think he might not be back I get a horrible feeling of despair. I'm back to missing him and thinking that no one could ever replace him. They could be more mature, more successful, responsible...but they could never be him. And now that I know how he is, that I have known this for over 3 years, I don't want anybody else...

This is so hard, I can't even remember what I felt like a few weeks ago when I was mostly happy...maybe not happy, but at least I wasn't depressed. I felt like doing things and there were a few moments where I felt happy. I don't even know what happy feels like anymore. I feel like crying all the time. I just to want to sleep and only wake up when this is over...when I'm healed. I don't like this at all.

Day 53

This is so hard, I can't even remember what I felt like a few weeks ago when I was mostly happy...maybe not happy, but at least I wasn't depressed. I felt like doing things and there were a few moments where I felt happy. I don't even know what happy feels like anymore. I feel like crying all the time. I just to want to sleep and only wake up when this is over...when I'm healed. I don't like this at all.

I am there too. I was doing all right and now every day is a fight. I usually don't mind being alone, and actually prefer it but lately I've just been craving human interaction and there's no one to connect with. Everyone's got their own thing going on. I know my ex is doing ok. I stupidly went on facebook and saw some photos of him at a party. I can't remember the last time I went to a party.

as long as you dont talk to him, i dont think so. you dont really have control of him just randomly showing up... if you're going somewhere because you know he will be there that might be a different story

its a party so it will be hard not to.....he is supposed to go because last i saw him i asked him to...since we have been on LC and "friends" HA friends...ya right

Day 33... Not feeling great, but not feeling horrible... kinda feeling worse than the past couple of days but hopefully it will pass...

I feel like all I can think about is him spending time with the new girl. Going to places we used to go, doing the things we used to do... even if it's just sitting around watching tv. It makes me sad to think of all the times we would sit on separate couches and watch tv... i wish we cuddled more. i wish i didnt take him for granted. I miss him so much. I wish everything was back to how it used to be. It just makes me upset to think of all those little things that he is doing with her now. i hate her.

and now im gonna stop writing or im gonna cry...

Day 5

Okay, I am going to try this again. Now that my ex has finally seemed to get it that I was serious about not wanting to be just friends, and not talking unless he is up for rebuilding things, I am really going to give it my best to let go through doing No contact.

It is kind of hard to know that I could talk to him at any moment and he would love to hear from me...but really, that would not be doing myself any favors by doing so. I hope he will realize through NC what he is giving up...but I doubt it. This is really for me to move on.

Gee I dunno, Day 13 or 14 of round 3 of NC.

I am not really doing this anymore to try and keep myself from contacting her. More just a status update.

A friend has come back into my life who I have been friends with for a year, but sort of lost touch with 5 months ago or so as there was interest from me in her and I was still trying to save my relationship at that point. But this friend has come back into my life and it seems there is more than just friendly interest on both sides. Needless to say, I am very excited to see where it could go.

I still think about the ex, but I just dont really care anymore. No desire to contact her, and even though i miss a lot about the relationship (it was my life for almost 7 years after all) I dont really miss her anymore. One day she will realize what she lost by leaving me, and I just wont care.

moving on and up... dont know when I will talk to the ex again, and i really could care less right now. 2010 is going to be a great year.

Day 54

The day has barely begun and it sucks already. Yesterday I made the huge mistake of checking my ex's twitter and FB and saw some things I wish I hadn't...well, even if I hadn't seen them...I wish they weren't true. The person my ex is now is not the same he was with me for over 3 years. He is now an irresponsible jerk who is doing terrible at college and all he cares to do now is go out to bars and drink. And try to hook up with other women.

I can't believe this is happening, I just can't. I don't understand...was he fooling me this whole time? Was he faking it? Using me? What?? I wish I knew why he got back together with me 2+ years ago and why he stayed for so long if this is the kind of person he is. He knew I wanted to get married young and have children...and he knew how much I loved him, how hard it would be for me to get over him...why would anyone do this to a person? I feel like he broke up with me all over again. I woke up with my heart beating off my chest as soon as I realized I now know all of these things and now I'm having an anxiety attack and I can't stop crying. I don't know how I'll ever get over this...life sucks

Day 54

I don't know how I'll ever get over this...life sucks

You will get over it. Sure you are having a down day today, but I want you to really think back. You are on day 54 now. How does day 54 compare to day 1? A lot lot better Im guessing, even if you do feel down today.

Its tough, but you will gain acceptance, not just acceptance of the breakup, but acceptance of the person he is and you will learn and grow and it will get better.

You will get over it. Sure you are having a down day today, but I want you to really think back. You are on day 54 now. How does day 54 compare to day 1? A lot lot better Im guessing, even if you do feel down today.

Its tough, but you will gain acceptance, not just acceptance of the breakup, but acceptance of the person he is and you will learn and grow and it will get better.

I actually felt better on day 1 of NC

I feel pretty much like I did when he broke up with me. Except now I know that he is actually interested in someone else, which hurts even more. I hope I accept all of this soon and that it gets better...but I really don't see it happening anytime soon. Before I at least had the hope he could be back. Now, even if he were to come back I don't think I could take him back.

Today marks Day 6 of NC for me and officially three weeks since my ex of 3.5 years left me for another guy (her boss at work).

I hung out with her last Monday and after that just decided to vanish off the face of the earth to her. My main goal is to heal but I do want us to possibly reconcile. She called and text me on Tuesday and Wednesday but I ignored it and she hasnt called or text since. Its a catch-22 because her not calling keeps me from having that constant reminder, however, it also hurts because it just seems as if she doesnt care about me at all anymore. The mornings suck when I wake up because she is automatically all that is in my head, the afternoons are ok, and the evenings suck if I stay at home and dont interact with my roommates so I try to stay out of the house.

I've already decided I'm not gonna call or text her on X-Mas because I want to see if she will do it first but I also dont know what I will do if she does call or text. I dont know if I should ignore it or reply back later on if she does. I really cant begin to describe how horrible the last three weeks have been for me.

Day 34... I'm feeling a little desperate... well, maybe desperate isn't the word but it feels like I might be getting there... more like a little uneasy.

Even though I told him not to contact me unless he wanted to get back together, I really thought that he would have at least sent a text by now. I guess he is just respecting my decision. I know that he hasn't forgotten about me, but I wonder if he's happy without me and moving on with his life. I guess it's better that I don't know.

I'm just hoping that he hasn't had enough time to really miss me yet. It's been 34 days, but it probably feels more like 2 weeks to him... I doubt he's realized that he hasn't talked to me in over a month...

*sigh*

Day 1:

Having been caught up in a triangle of all things, I have decided that my ex is just using me. Using me to satisfy her own need for control, now that her new guy has her eating out of his hand.

This means that all has been a lie hitherto. My dreams of reconciliation and a family- just vapors. And the wonderful past 3 weeks? Just remembrances of dead tears.

So. Saturday I destroyed my cellphone part in anger, part in order to facilitate NC over the holidays. She won´t have the guts to call me at my parent´s house, so that leaves only email by which she can reach me. And that I can ignore.

This IS going to be hell, though. I have huge problems with the holidays in the first place, and now I´m gonna go through one without her. Somehow I don´t think my liver will appreciate this move...

Day 5

Again spent the majority of the day around friends. Checked her facebook, haven't done that in 3 days so I am gradually moving away from that.

Yes I miss her, but I am realizing more and more that she never really cared about our relationship at all if she is able to move on so quickly, be happy with a new guy, and say that she loves him...whatever. I guess our 5.5 year relationship and her telling me all that was a lie.