THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day I.

Well it's been 2 weeks nc now.

Just found this post. Bu 3 months ago. Tried to make contact over the months to win her back. No reply to anything.

So I decide to do nc for myself to heal.

So after 2 weeks feel a bit better. I had my ups and downs. Well more downs. I can think a bit better now. I can say it's getting better

Day 18

I haven't really had a chance to think about him, but today is quiet.

I wonder how he's doing, old feelings of loss and hurt surface but not as strongly as before.

I try not to compare him to the guys I meet. I'm trying to be less depressed in general. Slowly moving forward, looking for a new job because the current one is highly contributing to my stress, thinking about the next few months and what I need to get done.

I began my *No Contact* yesterday afternoon. Today, I woke up less depressed with ease just knowing that I didn't have to prepare myself for another rejection or no reply. The most no contact I have successfully done was 3 days... And last time I initiated it, and it was a light text convo. Then he followed up on his own the next day by sending me a song and a film to watch that reminded him of us and that he missed me. But then I went and ****** it up by jumping the gun and begging him to call me, begging him to meet up, calling his new girlfriend trash etc.... ;( I am just completely kicking myself that I screwed it up so bad... We just recently broke up 3 weeks ago, and yes, he is already seeing someone else. But I fully believe it is a rebound. Either way, he's been stringing me along but it's been fully me initiating contact. And I have to stop. My happiness is so affected and I am hanging on by every word he says, but then let down when he doesn't commit to a meeting or whatever as quickly as I want. He originally wanted some space to think, things were very complicated in this breakup, and I couldn't stop contacting... Which then led to him breaking it off and completely ignoring me all together. So if there is ANY hope for us to work things out I believe it is completely relying on me NOT CONTACTING him. And I am really struggling because I love him so deeply. And in my heart I believe that he won't be able to let go of our bond so easily.... But I am terrified that he may since I told him I am also dating someone new etc. sigh...which I am not really able to do, BC I still love him. I've just never dealt with anything like this. So it's Day 2..... If I love him, I have to let him go right now......

Day 52

Yesterday I felt pretty good, listening to sad breakup songs and not even shedding a tear. But today I went over to check her FB and there's nothing to see since we're not friends anymore. Still. I feel kinda sad today, despite that I was in high spirits this morning. I wish she'd get out of my heart and mind. I'm still waiting for her to talk to me.

Day 2.

I've had enough of my whining and sadness. It is time to show some courage. I want to be able to look back at this thread and see that I have moments of hope and belief in MYSELF. I have the inner strength to overcome this. I have achieved a lot in difficult times before and I will do it again. I am NOT the whimpering weak fool who showed up at her door the day she told me it was over. I may have been then, But I WILL NOT fall again. I don't want to be the pathetic lonely chump sitting by his phone waiting for something that may never come. I will not lose myself.

Not keeping track of the days, has been a week or so.

NC seems to work, I feel more positive although I'm still thinking of her every single day.

Today she gave me breadcrumbs by sendig me a text message: 'Hey, how are you doing?'

What to do guys? What to do?

Day 19

Feeling really weak today. I feel like contacting him but im not sure what more I could say that I havent already. I know he wont speak to me or see me until he is ready... which might be never

I fantasize about him calling me up and asking to meet and when we do, I keep imagining him holding me close and kissing me; looking at me with that undeniable love in his eyes. I fantasize about him telling me he has made a mistake and that he only wants me forever and always...

Its these fantasies which hurt so much. I am open to being with someone else in the future... But right now I just want him still. It seemed to me he was/is the whole package. I just want to feel him again.. see him again... laugh with him again... see that look again..

I want him to tell me he still loves me and that he never, not even for a second, stopped.

Ugh... weak day for me feels like day one

I know I'm going to break it in 3 weeks, but.....5 days!

Don't Jimbly, stick to the no contact and see yourself healed.

My ex contacted me yesterday and I feel so much better that I didn't reply, cause the last time I did I felt horrible and went back to 0...

Take care!

Day 20 of no contact. 3 weeks tomorrow. yay!

the first two weeks after our breakup, i was such a mess. I couldn't eat or sleep, and I had to spend the second week with him in an apartment. It was horrible. I was begging and crying all the time...

I calmed down so much since then...

8th day of no-contact.

Past week I've been okay slowly progressing from tears and anger into somewhat careless, I suppose you could say?

Still been working out as you may call it. Squatting 160KG on Monday so that took my mind off it and gave me a bit of a boost.

She mailed me today on Facebook asking if I could go down hers to pick up some stuff... But I don't think I'll be doing that. Just a long hurtful road, even if it ends in sex or something like that.

Would like to make it 6-8 weeks minimum, but I wouldn't mind if she considered reconciliation even though my mind says that is definitely not happening, regardless of it being 8 days or not. Just doesn't seem that will happen. I miss her so much.

Joe.

8th day of no-contact.

Still been working out as you may call it. Squatting 160KG on Monday so that took my mind off it and gave me a bit of a boost.

Strong work. did plenty of Snatches and squats yesterday and it's the best thing I've done all week (I've lost a lot of strength and bodyweight these past 2 months). easing my way back into it, but just getting under the bar is an amazing feeling and very helpful in keeping negative thoughts at bay.

Strong work. did plenty of Snatches and squats yesterday and it's the best thing I've done all week (I've lost a lot of strength and bodyweight these past 2 months). easing my way back into it, but just getting under the bar is an amazing feeling and very helpful in keeping negative thoughts at bay.

Olympic lifts? Not my thing, I'm just a guy that likes his squatting haha.

Yeah, I'm dropping some lbs too. It is a great hobby to keep yourself calm and with your head on your shoulders!

Joe.

Day 2

Well I guess I'm starting over because I broke nc. He replied to me immediately though and we had a really light and cheerful conversation that put a smile on my face. I missed him, truly. From what I gathered by our conversation, he has been taking a lot of strain lately.

It didn't hurt and it didn't feel like this piece of contact was setting me back. It kind of made me excited, which I suppose is a bit of a setback because it fuels hope. While part of me doesn't want him back, part of me still does, but in a few months from now. Mentally I don't think I'm capable of having a strong and healthy relationship right now. We didn't speak about our feelings toward eachother, we didn't speak about us. We just caught up I guess. I told him I missed joking with him, sharing sick jokes that no one else could appreciates but him. He asked if I had those moments where I saw something I wanted to share with him and I said I had those moments a lot. He said he has them constantly.

He hasn't been gyming a lot lately, which is something that is very important to him. In my mind, he kind of confessed that he has been doing less than well on an emotional level. He gave me some music to check out and listen to. I haven't heard from him since 2 days ago. He did confess that he wanted to contact me numerous times, but felt it was too soon. I told him the door is open.

Although I don't feel fully healed yet, I do feel okay speaking to him. I find myself genuinely happy for him. I know we still love eachother though. Ugh, I'm just a little confused. I mean, I kind of want to hear from him everyday, but I know I shouldn't. I know I should just ride this wave out and take the alone time as a chance to move on. I guess we will see what the future holds.

DAY 9:

Real mixed emotions today. I keep having horrid dreams that she is back with me, and it does nothing but break my heart for the morning. But then I just remember I need to be strong and continue with myself. Just wish I could have woke up with her this morning... Maybe gone for a walk and just relaxed with one another, as we done so well. But that simply isn't going to happen, so I have to just understand that and completely ignore it.

Had an opticians test today so I done quite well in that, now I have nothing else to do because I have finished my college work until the end of the term. All I have is the gym now until I finish college and go onto work. It's something, but it isn't earning me the money I need.

Awh well, that's me done. Hope you are all well!

Joe.

I looked at her profile on Facebook today, so I'm calling that a break in NC as it caused me so much pain. I will restart tomorrow!

And I broke NC in an email asking for real reasons behind the break up and that I needed closure. I should have just let it go.

WOOPS.

Day 12. I still miss him, but his image and things about him are slowly fading from my memory. Very strange. I'm so glad he is away with work now for the next week or 2. No chance of me hearing him on the radio at work. I feel like I am starting to see the relationship for what is was. It hurts he hasn't been in touch, but I guess why would he? He said no more contact and I've respected, that wish. It hurts that he's been FB messaging a colleague/friend of mine but I know its for an ego boost and nothing more....pathetic man. Ill be happy when another 2 weeks have passed I think. Gotta keep going.....I do often wonder if he's thinking about me....I'm so proud of myself for no contacting him. X

Day 1. She broke up with me yesterday, the thread is in breaking up, its called "GF left me couldnt sleep last night", i called her last night very late to clarify some things and because i felt really sad, wanted to hear her voice, today have had no contact, closed my facebook account, and erased her and all her family members from my phone, stored all her things in a suitcase, i feel terrible, have cried a lot and want to hear her voice, i dont know if i'll make a month