THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Ah crap..I wouldn`t want to know what she is up to..especially if she would do the same things that she used to do with me with that guy.

That would eat me inside out. I even dont want to imagine that.

Thats why NC is so good. You dont know a thing.

i know btw i didnt hear this from her its everyone else that keeps telling me this * * * * . i tell them that i dont want to know anything about her. the only way i see her is if she makes contact.

It's been 27 hours since I began no contact. True no contact, meaning that I really know and understand why I need to do this. There can be no more hoping anymore, no more wishing if things were different, no more opening doors to have them slammed in my face again. My heart has been dragged through enough dirt and it's time to wash it off and be strong. I know it's the only way. Nothing I do or say or hope for is going to change the fact that it was always going to end this way.

I just wish I really believed these words I type

Day 3 again. BU 1st Sept.

Its not getting any easier. I wish it would, my thoughts are just filled of him and he isn't even in my life.

I thought I would be feeling better after this time frame, but I almost feel like I am back at the beginning again.

You keep putting yourself back there.

Day 61

I knew he would call. And he did.Checked my cell. My phone's almost dead because I cant find my charger. At any rate, I find that my ex texted me. He wanted to let me know that a student's mother is looking for English teachers and wanted to pass on the news to me, in case I wanted the job. "Call me before I tell others at school".

That was thoughtful. And seemed like a thin line between an excuse to talk, and genuine concern.

Onward and upward.

Broke up 7 Oct, today is the 12th here. And I'm on day 2 NC again. Well, 1.5!

I got a couple of dates lined up from a dating site and hopefully it will take my mind off her for a while. I'm kind of worried that I'll get all sad on the dates and be really awkward. If that happens I'm cancelling my account immediately - it's supposed to be fun, not sad. It made me feel pretty good that I was getting enough "interest" from women on the site that I couldn't reply to everyone.

BU:sep 14

NC day 7

it seems that as each day goes by it gets a little easier at getting over her (except at night, still hard to not think about her), but ive been talking to this girl im interested in but i want to completely make sure im over my ex before i get into another relationship.

Day 3 again. BU 1st Sept.

Its not getting any easier. I wish it would, my thoughts are just filled of him and he isn't even in my life.

I thought I would be feeling better after this time frame, but I almost feel like I am back at the beginning again.

I just don't understand why you can't put yourself first. You keep repeating the same cycle over and over again. It is so self defeating. Don't you want to get on with your life? This man understands he can have you when he wants you and that's the very reason he isn't with you. Until you let go....I mean really let go you aren't going to heal. Why keep engaging in this masochistic behavior? You keep breaking NC...and for what? Nothing has changed.

• Like 1

Day 27

No contact has become really easy to maintain. Still hurting like heck though, but at least she doesn't get to see it. Which means a lot to me.

Unfortunately I'll be seeing a lot of her over the next weeks because of my involvement in the political party. The last time I was forced to spend time around her I did really quite well.

I don't know if she has noticed I have unfriended her on Facebook since and if that is going to have an influence on her behaviour towards me. The last thing I saw before I unfriended her was that she was going to visit a guy abroad who she met over the Internet. This dude is way older than her and - in my opinion - kind of a perv. He likes to video chat with girls much younger and visits 'em and lets them come over to his place. It was always pretty obvious she had a 'thing' for this guy, even when we were together. I don't know how I'll hold up when she starts talking about her visit to him...

Day 9 NC

Please... please... PLEASE get out of my head already! I was already doing so good this morning... Catering to myself, thinking of myself, what to do with myself... I was even going through hotels accross the city, thinking I'd book myself a room and treat myself to one day living alone and away from the city.

Please leave me alone. I've cried enough to last my entire lifetime already.

I am so proud of you for going to the doctors. Even though it took this long and our break up to happen, you are taking responsibility for yourself and I am so glad that you shared that with me.

I have missed you so much. You are still the first person I want to call when something happens. When you suggested going to see that film I wanted to say yes so badly but I know that we weren't ready for that. It has been one month today since the break up. I am looking after myself and taking it day by day - I hope you are too. This time apart has shown me that I was too consumed with your needs and your life, and I abandoned my own (to an extent). Tomorrow it will have been a month since we have spoken face to face. This weekend is the end of the three weeks - we are planning to meet but I am terrified! I don't know which I am more scared of - you trying to be friends, saying that it is over for good or you want to get back together.

No matter what happens when we do meet, I will be fine. I have survived a month without you and I am stronger than I thought I was. I know that you broke up with my because of your depression and you need to get that under control before we think about us. I am feeling stronger than I thought I would be - I am my own number 1 and my needs come first now. The skies have not fallen and no angels have appeared to herald the end of the world - life just keeps going.

I am praying that you get the help you need and that you are becoming stronger every day. I hope it is helping you. I will see for myself soon. x

DAY 29

Today was the best day I had since the NC. I even smiled and laughed over a couple things from the past. Got some sage advice and reassurance. I am beginning to realize that no matter what the outcome I will survive and I plan on being better on the other side. That is not an option.

Interesting thing, she rescinded her facebook friendship request which i ignored, which temporarily blocked her profile from me but she removed the block I am assuming because I can see her profile in my email.

Won't be going on her page or requesting until I can think of her and not feel anything.

One month anniversary tomorrow.....

I don't think NC has helped anyone besides addictive, compulsive, and/or overly obsessive people, who are annoying anyway.

Communication is more important than resistance.

Positive communication attracts; so yah, if you communicate negatively, NC might be the cure for YOU.

Resistance repels; even though some people use communication to repel others, but I don't suggest it if you actually like the person and want them to remain in your life.

I understand that sexually, the female human body forms about a 2-3 week long attachment to whoever she has sex with. Besides ridding that biological "spell", there is no need for it.....besides to break up with someone.

BU:sep 14

NC day 8

Thursday will mark 1 month of being without her and i cant stop thinking about her. and as i far as i know we are on good terms she comes by once a week to walk the dogs, some of my friends say that its a excuse to see me, but i dont want to be hopeful. unless she comes out and tells me she wants to be with me again. then im just gonna take it for what it is, that she just misses the dogs.

Day 63.

Today was full of fail and win. It made my day....memorable.

--I met 2 breast cancer survivors back to back. Win.

--One of those ladies gave me her card, saying she needed help at her store, and to give her a call. I NEED a better job. WIN.

[--I met a cute guy today who made me smile. Win.

I would've given this guy a chance, since he asked me on a date, but....he failed. Hard. .

-He was a little too "clingy", following me around when trying to give me his life story. Not what I need while I'm working. Also, for some reason, he ranted about his baby's mother to me, calling her a ho. I know people fall out of love, but talking about one woman to the next, isnt' the best way to express it. On top of that, he has no full-time employment, and isnt seeking any. I sense other negative things about him, but frankly, I already know he's not worth my time. Plus, he wants me to call him. That aint happening. I told him I would. But, after thinking about this: I think the guy's a little nuts. Not what I need either.

Oh well, this all made my day go by just a little faster.

if she starts talking about her visit to see him just tell her your not interested in what shes done and that you dont need or want to know.

Yeah, but of course she will not be talking to me but to someone else. Only to be yelling so loud I hear every word. She was doing the same thing last time. It was quite annoying because I was trying to have a conversation with someone and was not really willing to listen to her flirt with another dude. She was kinda of a *itch that night.

Yeah, but of course she will not be talking to me but to someone else. Only to be yelling so loud I hear every word. She was doing the same thing last time. It was quite annoying because I was trying to have a conversation with someone and was not really willing to listen to her flirt with another dude. She was kinda of a *itch that night.

if my ex tried that i would grab a mp3 player and turn up the vol all the way.

Ok right that's IT I'm starting this again!...I'm not going to lie I'm still hoping he will contact me and it's kind of unlikely that he won't and there's also a high chance I'm going to bump in to him but I REFUSE to be the one to break this NC....so I guess technically I should start as today being day one although yesterday really wasn't my fault as my phone rang him by mistake...but we'll go from there...DAY ONE of NC I CAN do this!!!!!

BU: September 3rd

NC: Day 9

I had a really hard morning today. His birthday was yesterday and he is having a party this Saturday at a bar that we both frequent. I had a couple mutual friends ask if I was going to be there (which of course I won't be as I didn't get an invite from him).

He hasn't bothered to contact me and I still find myself checking my phone for a text from him even though I know I won't be getting one.

I have made plans to go out of town this weekend so I will not be tempted to go to the bar, but it still hurts that I can't be part of the celebration.

I'm trying to take positive steps forward and have arranged a counseling session for tomorrow to start learning how to deal with all of the emotions from this break up. I feel pretty positive that that is the right direction to be going right now...