THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Ok so am going for : A whole year without my ex as a friend in my facebook profile. Still trying to figure out what to do with his friend request. I know. I should press the button: ignore. But if I do... will that mean I can never add him again as a friend if I want to? ( yeah yeah, why shóuld I want to but.. well.. it's just... awrgh! )

I'm having a lot of trouble staying NC right now. Just as Jeepman, I've been in the NC land for a while. I'm planning on staying in it. And for most of the time it was easy. It really was. until he texted me again asking me if this was still my number. Now I can't stop wondering what's the use of that text message. What does he want to tell me. Apparently nothing because he doesn't reply to that question but since this... I'm confused about it and it's got me wondering. I guess that's exactly what he wants but why? Why enter mý world again if you have nothing to say. If you have nothing to offer. I don't want to assume this is a game of his but it sure as hell seems like it. I was doing so great! Now I dream of him again and there's all this old hope that rises up again.

My GF dumped me out of the blue, she's very immature and selfish.

So I went NC for about 20 days. Then she started sending me messages on fb, just some random stuff... And she was talking to her friends about me.

That was just dragging me down so yesterday I told her to stop contacting me, because if she wasn't serious enough to sort this out face to face, I don't need her chitchat.

Now I feel completely different, like I finally don't have a bourdain on my shoulders

Wow, great attitude! And right on point.

I am back on Day 1 NC. I won't rehash my story. I need to do this for myself and no one else. This girl has destroyed me in so many ways. I need to do this! I can and will do this! No matter how hard it becomes... and I know it will be hard (my previous high in NC was close to 4 months before she reached out to me).

I will move forward with my life. I will hopefully begin to enjoy life again and find someone who truly deserves me...

Day 5 BU 1st Sept. Im starting to really miss him and thinking of him again ALOT!

I thought I was getting better grrrr...... At least the only thing I have control of now, is that I know I won't contact him.... even though I am dying too. Really wish you would get out of my head & heart, it would make it so much easier to move on

BU 31 July

Haven't talked to him since that day (he didn't break up with me, he cut me off)

Have 'estalked' him almost every day since.

Feeling: Hopeless and Delusional - Because we have gotten back together so many times, I believe we will again this time as well, even though he's never ever broken up with me this way

It's almost been two months y do I still think about you! I feel like I want to hate you... I wish I could hate you and just forget about you. It's becoming very draining to me mentally and physically... I've tired going out and working out the pain goes away a little bit I wish I could be stronger.. I'm wondering what is everyone else doing on here for the pain to go away... Its like everything I do there something to remind me..

It's almost been two months y do I still think about you! I feel like I want to hate you... I wish I could hate you and just forget about you. It's becoming very draining to me mentally and physically... I've tired going out and working out the pain goes away a little bit I wish I could be stronger.. I'm wondering what is everyone else doing on here for the pain to go away... Its like everything I do there something to remind me..

It's Ok to have reminders of your ex. Just don't let it overwhelm you and try not to dwell on them. You will have good and bad days as you progress through NC. As long as I've been in NC, every time I see a Honda Fit, no matter what color, it reminds me of her. That's the kind of car she drove.

Try to steer away from the hate and the negative feelings. All of the energy you waste on hating someone, could be time spent loving someone else.

Starting tomorrow, officially day one. (Or maybe 4 hours ago, when I actually made this decision and realized how messed up things really are with trying to talk and be civil right now?)

We'll see. I WANT this, but if he contacts me, I don't know that I'll be able to ignore it, I'll tell myself I can, I can, I can... then I'll dwell. I just want to heal.

Maybe some time will improve things between us... maybe it will just allow me to heal. Either option is ok, but something has to give. I don't want it to be my sanity!

BU: August 1, 2011.

• Like 1

8 day NC broken yesterday. She just contacted me for her stuff back over lunch. Sense of peace right now (let's see how long that lasts thought...lol) Seeing her Friday for the lunch and then I think I'm going to turn my phone off for a month and kind of get my head clear.

Stay strong everyone. Read the posts here and do whatever you need to do to get you through things.

@Liraele. If you can emotionally remain under control then respond but keep it very light/polite/to the point. If you think it's going to set you back from healing then be weary.

Would it be considered breaking NC if I replied my ex and had LC for awhile over txt ... damn it!

We're in the same boat! I've just broken NC after 19 days...I was feeling vulnerable and he reached out too strongly, we've now shared a couple of texts and emails and he wants to meet for lunch tomorrow. But you know what, I actually feel better, more content. I have a feeling this may only be temporary but it feels good to breathe.

I'm tempted to go for the lunch and see what he has to say. We were both missing each other too much. But he hasn't changed his mind.

Yet

Haha! No, I don't know...que sera sera.

We're in the same boat! I've just broken NC after 19 days...I was feeling vulnerable and he reached out too strongly, we've now shared a couple of texts and emails and he wants to meet for lunch tomorrow. But you know what, I actually feel better, more content. I have a feeling this may only be temporary but it feels good to breathe.

I'm tempted to go for the lunch and see what he has to say. We were both missing each other too much. But he hasn't changed his mind.

Yet

Haha! No, I don't know...que sera sera.

Mine is still with her new boyfriend and I doubt she has any feelings left for me haha.

So I broke no contact after 2 days, two days ago. I posted on here saying that my ex texted me telling me that he had internal bleeding. It was so hard, but I fought the urge to respond. Then later that night he blew up my phone telling me how he's scared for his life, couldn't get out of bed, and that he could eat the wrong thing and die, etc. I eventually responded saying, "I'm sorry. I wish I could help you. And I was going to leave it at that. Then he continued to text me saying, "Me too. Karma's a * * * * * , I guess." I didn't respond. He kept texting, feeling sorry for himself. Sent me a picture of how he looked, then apologized for bothering me.

I texted back, trying to end the conversation by saying, "I'm sorry. I really hope everything turns out okay. Good luck." He continued on blowing up my phone and said, "I can't wait to leave earth behind. The only thing good here is gone now now because I pushed it away." I didn't respond. Then he said, "I'm sorry. I won't bug you anymore because I doubt you want to talk to me. Well love you, glad to see you're enjoying life and being happy. I responded after that because I didn't want to lose every possible chance. So I said, "I love you too. Try and get better, you have people here that would miss you. Goodnight." He then responded with a " " face.

The next day I couldn't help but text him. I don't know why. I made first contact telling him, "Good luck with your scan results." He said that he was glad to see me happy and I , stupidly, told him that I wasn't all happy, just learning to be happy differently. I made a little joke and he sent a sad face. I told him that we used to smile about it and he replied saying, "I wish I could, but the good memories hurt." I told him, stupidly again, "You're the one who wanted to make them memories. So smile and make the best out of it. The memories I have with you are some of the best that I have." Then hours later he responded saying, "Not possible." I didn't reply.

So today he texted me saying, "Glad good is coming to you... You deserve the world!!!" I haven't replied.

I'm so confused. He played with my heart during the break-up. I don't know if he wants me back or is just trying to hold on to a piece of me, but not the whole thing. I truly want to get back together, but if not, I'm trying to heal myself. I don't want to ruin my chances by no contact if he inf act wants to get back together.

I don't know what to do. Any advice?

@OhSunny. Well you are in this forum and it would seem you want to get back together with him. Unfortunately, I do not know 'your story', but from my own personal experience (many breakups) we NEVER addressed why we broke up. Just kept hitting the reset button you know? And what is the definition of insanity?

I think you should ask him what you just asked us.