THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Thankyou imjgh. I think you are right about crossing that bridge when I come to it ... in my case I don't think there is a bridge to cross so I really shouldn't be worrying about it.

Hope you have a great day. Heres to another day's NC!!

well maybe you won't cross THAT bridge but there are other bridges out there....who knows......

maybe just maybe it's a different bridge in a different place.

Good job for getting rid of his stuff. Yeah it really DOES feel like there's a weight off your shoulders doesn't it? I met up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a couple months recently, and she told me that I looked different... and I said different how? and she said "well, you look lighter, light before this when you were still with ****, you used to always seem to have a huge weight on your shoulders, and like you were always thinking too much."

I guess the relationship and my ex were really a burden to me towards the end!! It's a good thing to get rid of them exes and start afresh with a blank slate! tabula rasa baby.

You definitely know that you are better off when people notice it in your aura. That is awesome. Seems like you are doing incredibly well.

Day 8 Feeling good. Enjoying my Monday and the awesome weather here. Also, one more thing. I finally removed him as a friend on facebook. I didn't want to before because I didn't want it to look like I am bitter. But I decided that it was best because I had been stalking a lot. Now I can't and don't want to.

I find any reason to text him. My best friend is preg with his B.F baby. I just want some response out of him. I know I don't need one because it's obvious he doesn't want to be with me. very obvious. And he's an angry * * * * * * * so why do I want to be with him? I'm over it. It will just give me motivation to meet more people. Today I start over the no contact. Day 1

I'm sure she will think of you. I wonder the same thing and I'm sure my ex must think of me. We haven't just disappeared out of their memories. But like you say we shouldn't let it bother us.

Sorry you're not feeling so great this morning. I was driving in my car earlier and it just hit me all of a sudden. I've mostly been OK today. Its strange how it can still knock us down at times but we are strong, we can get back up again.

I'm sure our exes think of us too.

Grief is a strange thing, one minute you can feel on top of the world and then it shows it's ugly face and hits us again. The important thing is to live and feel these emotions, they hit us for a reason. It's the first time in 2 weeks it hit me so that must be a sign that I am finally letting go (I hope!)

I'm trying not to count the days, but I have completed thirty days of no contact!! I am very proud of myself, as this was VERY difficult. Even harder than I imagined. I know I am doing better, but still have a long way to go.

During my time of NC, I joined a gym, started a workout routine, and am already seeing results. I also caught up with old friends, took a trip to the beach, went on a date, and had some serious time to reflect on the relationship.

I still miss him like crazy and have times when I want to get back together. I still get nervous that he's not made any effort to contact me. I get afraid he never will again. I'm really starting to see that we weren't working now, but I think we have potential to reconcile after his life settles down. I feel that it has been a positive 30 days overall. Here's shooting for 60 days!

damn I wish I was at 30 days no contact. I can imagine it would be easier than it is now.

Am on day 4. Thought i was doing really well till last night.

Did not have so much to do last night so was thinking her about her. i should really get rid of the pictures I have of her and stop listening to the songs we made love to...... but its tough.

I ended up dreaming of her and we were together. When I woke the realisation soon hit home we are not so am a little depressed this morning.

Am busy tonite though and I have not broken NC so all is good ...for now!

Lion Weird I am day 4 as well.

I also had the weirdest dream last night, she was with all her new friends and new guy friends and I tried talking to her and she flipped out it like was telling me dont contact her or something I have no clue but its making me crazy upset today, why cant they just come back running thats all I want right now.

Anyways also have a busy night tonight watching the hawks game with some friends and this new girl that I have a thing for but I dont know what to do with it????? Prolly a bad idea to do anything at all even though it will make me happy and possibly completely move on for the time being..........

NC isnt hard when I have alot of good friends and family to talk to me about it and alot of them are making me realize that my ex really didnt treat me as good as my mind would like to believe.

Oh and Lion, I deleted the kissing pics of my ex and I off facebook, but I still feel that I should leave the friendly fun ones up why I dont know. I think I am going to hit up walmart and pick up a bin to put all her pictures in and notes and scrapbooks and put it in the attic either for the rest of my life or until we get back at some point in time.

That was rough to type!!!

cheeks,

What I would do for her to come running back but i know she is too proud to do this. I would be surprised if she did. But as each day passes the reality is she wont . Makes it slightly easier. The more I can convince myself i did not mean that much to her the better for me.

I have actually moved her pics (vids-hee hee!) to an external hard drive now do not access much. Now I gotta delete the pics on my phone.

Oh well...roll on day 5.

i can't believe it's 23 already...

it's not like it's gone quickly but they do add up....when i look at the number it's almost surreal that it has been that long....

today is so-so...just staying on an even keel is good. i almost hate the high feelings cause i know the low are sure to come....

slow and steady....

Day 43

Not thinking about her as muhc and when I do I don't get nearly as upset. Got a lot of good things coming into my life. I signed up for a volunteering group to keep me extra busy and I have to go to Chicago to get my license back after 6 years. Life is finally picking up. Would still like ot hear from her, but it's not making me crazy like it was on days 1-20. Oh and I got myself a new puppy to keep me even busier.

day 42

had a slight relapse this morning. it always sucks waking up alone. just hurts so badly about her having a new guy. she was my baby for soooo long and just knowing this is actually happened sucks so much. but have a fun busy day planned out today so should get my mind off her.

Thank you for the support DaveTrump and imjgh!! It has definitely been a roller coaster ride of emotions the last 30 days. I am going to continue to post on my progress on a regular basis. I've noticed though that it does help for me to not count and post on each individual day, but rather when I feel I am making progress or need support. Good luck to everyone, and it DOES get easier.

Day 9 - WOW!!! The days are flying by. Getting rid of his stuff and deleting him from facebook as made a big difference. I no longer have any thing that reminds me of him lying around the apartment and it has helped me when I am home. Still missing him, but understanding that you can't make someone be with you if they aren't capable of doing so.

Ughhhhh so hard, it makes me so happy she is missing me and wanting a response but ill hold off, I just feel it will upset her if I ignore her.

why are you going nc then? your happiness should not be based on anything regarding her. you are in control of YOUR life...focus...

oh and btw, i am no different than you....it's freaking hard for me too.....