THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Thank you pace! You're near the finish line too what do u plan to do after Day 30?

Hey Scorpigal. Well i plan on just getting on with my own life you know, but, it's my birthday in just over 3 weeks and my ex has asked to meet up with me and she'll no doubt have a gift for me.

I'll meet her, then after that, prob go for another 30 days of nc and reasses then.

I feel good at the moment because some friends and I are about to book a long weekend to Turin at the end of May! Sweeeeet!

DAY 25

thought about him a lot this mourning, when i wasnt doing much.

Then tonight i forgot to think about him, when i was talking to friends, doing holiday homework etc.

I only just rembered him, when i realised i hadnt written something on here today, whilest getting ready for bed.

It was great! So maybe the only reason i think about him now sometimes, is because i have nothing else to occupy my brain with. Maybe now i dont actually think about him, because i miss him, but because im bored?

It was so great to not be overwhelmed by him tonight, im truly letting go of him!

Night out in the town tomorrow night with the girls, can not wait

EDIT: our song just played on the radio. My stomich didnt feel like it had been hit a million times, and i didnt burst out into tears during the song or afterwoods, it just made me feel a little uneasy, so i simply changed the channel and continued what i was doing.

Hey Scorpigal. Well i plan on just getting on with my own life you know, but, it's my birthday in just over 3 weeks and my ex has asked to meet up with me and she'll no doubt have a gift for me.

I'll meet her, then after that, prob go for another 30 days of nc and reasses then.

I feel good at the moment because some friends and I are about to book a long weekend to Turin at the end of May! Sweeeeet!

That's great, if you haven't been to Italy before you will love it! I'm going to Lyon at the end of June to visit a friend which i'm really excited about

Day 1

After getting my closure yesterday, the pain is much less than before.

It's still consistently hurting my chest, but I could ignore it.

The hardest was when I was sitting in training room, the trainer played Viva La Vida along with training opening clips. It hurt.... eyes became watery and chest felt so heavy. So I put my hands on the side of my head as if I was leaning on the desk while actually I pressed my ears hard to block the music.

Viva La Vida was the song I chose to learn guitar, under his guidance.

Still having his guitar at my place, have thought about throwing it away, but I can't... probably later when I am completely healed.

wow thats twisted! what are the odds of that! So do you regret breaking NC now? I guess it was just a spare of the moment...

I don't regret it at all! I had a nice talk with him today about school and when he's coming home and whatever. He was really nice to me and actually asked about me which he didn't last time we talked. He used to be really stuck up and rude to me, and not ask anything about me. So it was a nice change of pace to have a good talk with him.

I think this is Day 12. It could be 11, but I'm pretty sure it's 12.

If I hadn't broke NC that one time, I'd be at Day 26 right now. Oh well.

I'm feeling pretty content. I'm feeling his "window of opportunity" slowly but surely closing out. I think, within another 50 days max., that window will be closed.

I still hold on to a little bit of hope that he will return, but I know it's highly unlikely.

I actually miss him today. But it's because it's Friday--those were always our days to do things together.

I don't regret it at all! I had a nice talk with him today about school and when he's coming home and whatever. He was really nice to me and actually asked about me which he didn't last time we talked. He used to be really stuck up and rude to me, and not ask anything about me. So it was a nice change of pace to have a good talk with him.

I had a nice talk with my ex the other day I dont regret either, only because I was ready to talk to her with no approval seeking behavior.

Day... 27? I think? Yeah.

We crossed paths at school. I thought my heart was about to explode out of my chest and crash to the floor. Good thing I kept it all together, and avoided his gaze as I climbed up the stairs. He was staring at me from the corner of my eye. Oh well. Still moving on with my life.

Day 13 25 days since I haven't seen him or talked to him.

This is a new personal best! Last time I broke NC after 11 days. I don't intend to break it now. It is simply amazing how much stronger we get. This has been going on for me for several months but the real beginning of being over for me was 25 days ago when I saw him last. We had been together for 7 years and I NEVER thought I would be able to not call him. Now I know that I can. The first 3 weeks were horrible but now I am sooooo much better! I could hardly manage to live in the first 2-3 weeks, now I can study, work, smile. It still hurts a lot but I can breathe, even in the mornings.

To everyone who is struggling: please let 3 weeks pass and you will feel so much better and stronger. Remember, at the break up time we are at our lowest and our exes are at their highest. Every single day after the break-up in NC gets you higher than the your lowest and your ex lower than their highest. It takes at least several weeks for you to feel that but it does happen. So be strong!!!

good advice, its very true. Like when your younger right before or around hitting puberty and think Ill never have facial hair or grow breasts(obviously I am talking about boys and girls) you kinda see changes gradually but only acknowledge the progress to an extent, then boom one day you wake up and your over your ex or have monster boobs on you.

Day 30

I made it. Now what? LOL.

Well done

As you know I've been trying to keep up with your progress and from your posts you seem like a lovely girl, and your pic is lovely, so you'll have no trouble finding someone else who deserves you (if thats what you decide you want). I say keep up the good work and keep having fun.

I think it's day 5, not really counting (is that a good thing?).

I think I'm into the anger stage. I'm angry that I've been forgotten about soooo quickly. But if thats the case he was never worth it

I've been really down about some other stuff going on in my life, just trying to figure out where I'm going with it all. Sometimes that makes the split easier to deal with and sometimes compounds it. But I suppose the best way to deal with it is to be as successful as I can, be happy with myself and everything I do from now on is for me and nobody else.

Start of day 5

I don't like weekends. I used to spend them with him and I can help but imagine him waking up with another woman in his bed this morning, whilst I am on my own.

I try to put the thoughts out of my head, but they pop back in.

I recently had my hair cut short (kind of by accident - miscommunication between me and the hairdresser). When I met my ex on Monday he told me that he preferred it as it had been, and that everyone who had told me it suited me was just being nice. I try to tell myself that he's just a b'stard, but it has hit my self confidence.

Trying to work out what to do with myself today. I've some friends going out for a drink tonight, but I'm off the juice and really don't fancy it. Should I make myself?

That's great, if you haven't been to Italy before you will love it! I'm going to Lyon at the end of June to visit a friend which i'm really excited about

I went to Rome a few years back and thought it was magnificent. I'd like to live in Italy one day. I'm going with a group of friends, one of which is from Turin so it should be awesome!

Day 25

Nearly there. Although i currently feel very angry. I think the feelings of betrayal will linger with me for alot longer than anything else, and i still feel it. I think it's beause my ex told me she was seeing the other guy only a few months back so it's still quite raw. Even though we've been apart over 1 year, i KNEW this guy was a factor even though she would still never admit he was, but i could see it coming, and low and behold, it happened! I still feel betrayed over that and it isn't a nice feeling.

I went to Rome a few years back and thought it was magnificent. I'd like to live in Italy one day. I'm going with a group of friends, one of which is from Turin so it should be awesome!

I have been all over Italy when I was younger, it's such a great place with some very beautiful people

Day 31

Here I am, I strangely feel much better than I did during the week which is usually the opposite at weekends.

I still think I am dreaming about her at night but I don't feel sad about it just alittle confused!

I do sometimes wonder what she's doing, whether or not she still thinks about me but it's just wasted energy.

60 days is my next target! I think by then, providing she doesn't contact me I should be healed. Wishful thinking maybe?! but I have faith in myself

Day 22

My self-esteem took a bit of a hit, was out with a few friends and one of them in particular seemed to distract all the attention of any nearby girls. Aside from that, good night and I didn't think about her once!

Relaxing today, ordering a pizza, writing up some report work, and watching a film sounds like enough adventure for me.