Anyone gonna send your ex a simple Happy V-day text?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's nice to be special........maybe I should be in special ed

I agree with JohnGalt though, probably best not to contact the ex on Valentine's

LOL....no I meant I admire you. You know what you're doing. You're the type of person they write novels about. I read love in the time of cholera recently and thought of you throughout.

It isn't bad that you loved your wife and took your vows seriously. That's not weak at all. It is just rare to find someone willing to understand his feelings so much as to not get with someone else for over a decade.

Wow - that's nerve. Send some to yourself.

yeah, this after she asked me earlier this week to have a drink with her after work next tuesday. She's done this before and the first couple of times, I agreed to it only to have her cancel and then say "How do you think my boyfriend would feel if he knew i was having a drink with you?" I said both times "You're the one that asked me to have a drink, not the other way around." lol.

It really doesn't matter what this guy she's with does for her - by all accounts, he seems like a good guy that treats her very well - she's still trying to keep me on the hook.

Bizarre.

hell no. And my ex's birthday is on V-day. So I get a double whammy tomorrow. I will not send a text to her because if I do, I'm going to end up saying something like "go stick a d**** in your boyfriend's p***y".

its funny, everyone says 'god its so awful for single people on valentines day' but for me every single day lately has had tears. So tomorrow's just another day of the same 'ol bullsh*t.

I work with my ex, and her boyfriend sent her roses today. How sweet. That was a special moment in my life. Especially since this morning she said "You should send me some flowers since i'm probably not going to get anything from him today."

Good times. lol

Yikes! Yankeefan...I don't know how you handle this...you must have nerves of steel and and iron will, that's all I'm sayin.'

Thankfully, my ex is a male, and generally women don't send men flowers for V-day, so I didn't have to worry about seeing him lugging around any giant bouquets of roses. In fact, V-day was not mentioned, by anyone, yesterday at work. Today is a day off, so...whew! Disaster narrowly averted, once again.

To the OP: No. No intention of sending a text. My advice...don't do it, especially on V-day. It's just opening up a whole box of discomfort for everyone involved...let it pass in silence.

yeah, this after she asked me earlier this week to have a drink with her after work next tuesday. She's done this before and the first couple of times, I agreed to it only to have her cancel and then say "How do you think my boyfriend would feel if he knew i was having a drink with you?" I said both times "You're the one that asked me to have a drink, not the other way around." lol.

It really doesn't matter what this guy she's with does for her - by all accounts, he seems like a good guy that treats her very well - she's still trying to keep me on the hook.

Bizarre.

Egads. This woman's got issues. My ex has asked me to lunch a couple times, and we've actually gone, but if he was pulling this crap on me -- asking me and then cancelling and saying "What would my girlfriend think?" -- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I think I'd have to kick his a$$.

She is definitely trying to keep you on the hook -- when she asks you to drinks and you say yes, she thinks "Ah! He's still interested." So, she feels comfortable knowing you're still there, and she cancels.

Next time, throw her a curve ball and say no. If she asks why, you might say "Well, as you've suggested on several occasions, how would your boyfriend feel if he knew you were having drinks with me? I just don't think it's a good idea."

Don't do it! If they don't reply you will only feel worse. If mine sends me one I will reply back with a short and sweet thankyou but nothing else. NC!

i was gonna say the same thing

i'm definitely not sending him (my ex) anything having to do with valentine's day.

even though we are "friends" now..i still dont think it's appropriate for me, the dumpee, to say happy valentine's day.

but if he texts me saying happy v-day or something of that matter, i'll genuinely say thank you, and that'll be that..

Originally Posted by and again

No i wouldnt send a txt, though it`s a perfect time for a dumper to send one if they are having any regrets. But definatly not for a dumpee to massage a dumpers ego.

Absolutely. You hit the nail on the head there

--------------

exactly!...she sent me squat for xmas so why do this for this day which is for people IN LOVE with one another...i mean we ALL want to think otherwise but so is the REALITY...let THEM reach out...but i am going with a gal from work to a valentine's dinner with a group of singles...so will be a way to have company and make some friends and thus not sit in at home feeling sorry for myself

NC forever ! stay strong !

That's pretty much it for me! I've closed that door already. Opening new ones now.

I would not suggest sending someone a valentine that is with someone else and has moved on. Even if they are broken up they still have moved on.

My ex is now engaged under 1yr of break up (4yr relationship). I will never put myself in that position. She is history to me!!! Last year I sent her a valentine 2 months after our break up and it didn't go so well. So, think about what you do before you do it.

gee

That's pretty much it for me! I've closed that door already. Opening new ones now.

I would not suggest sending someone a valentine that is with someone else and has moved on. Even if they are broken up they still have moved on.

My ex is now engaged under 1yr of break up (4yr relationship). I will never put myself in that position. She is history to me!!! Last year I sent her a valentine 2 months after our break up and it didn't go so well. So, think about what you do before you do it.

gee

Whether or not a dumper has found someone else, it is not a good idea to send the dumper a Valentine's acknowledgement. They dumped you so what is the point of acknowledging love when they don't reciprocate.

I badly want to contact him on Valentine's Day but I'm hoping to prove (or at least pretend) to him that I'm not as sprung as he thought. He will proably be surprised that I don't but he surely won't contact me (he never even cared about Valentine's Day when we were together).

I'm hoping to have contact sometime in the future and I think this will be premature and blow it.

Wow....is there anyone out there that will tell me I should????......here is the kicker...I still love her and want her back....

i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.

we're just giving you our honest opinions.

i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.

if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.

but it's not my place to do it, ya know?

even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,

i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen

i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.

we're just giving you our honest opinions.

i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.

if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.

but it's not my place to do it, ya know?

even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,

i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen

Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.

Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.

see, that's another reason why i'm not texting my ex Happy Valentine's Day, lol.

(he was the dumper) he'd probably just ignore me anyway..

Archived