Is there anyone that does not want to get married?

I can see myself getting married if I think it's the right person and circumstances, but being married and having children sort of scares me. I'm worried about failing as a parent like I see one of my parents as failing me. I don't want to put my children through a bad marriage or worse as I've seen so many of my peers experience.

No, I would not get married. I wouldn't participate in an institution that is denied to the gay and lesbian community in my country. I expect same-sex couples to have exactly the same rights as I do in my hetero relationship. Until then, marriage is not something I would consider.

in a way i do, i think it would be awesome to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

on the other hand, marriage doesn't seem that realistic to me, having chemistry with some one for the rest of your life. it doesn't sound natural.

and then i look at my parents marriage. things were so happy and normal..and then all of a sudden..

life is just to unpredictable. some times i'd rather not take that chance and get married. i'd rather just live with some one for forever and not have papers involved. i don't know..

i dont think i am marriage material. i like to be free and come and go as i please. i dont really believe in marriage anymore because its so flaky now a days. i guess that plays a part in my decision. i am not against having kids one day but i dont see my self doing the traditional wedding, etc.

I think if two people respect and stand by the vows they make to eachother then as an 'institution' it would work.

Unfortunately and sadly, it gets abused and it seems to get forgotten that you have committed yourself to that person for the rest of your life.

People know how easy it is to get a divorce these days and it is rare to come accross people who have been together for >30 yrs.

Personally, I could not and would not enter into it unless I knew the relationship I had, could go the distance. After a recent bad experience I broke off my engagement.

When I was married (21 years), I did not view as a "thing" that I was tied into. It seems it was just a legal apparatus in which to raise my family. It was the relationship that mattered. I view it now as another intimate relationship with someone that did not last. I did not mind being married at all.

I also see most modern divorces as an attempt of some to rid themselves of unhappiness (whatever that really means to some) perceived to be caused by their spouse.

I do not want to be married. I do not see any point on going through the divorce procedure again. If there is a chance of that happening, I would avoid it.

I don't want to be married, but I would like to live with someone and share my life. I have never fantasized about a wedding, and I find the whole industry to be really distasteful and a huge waste of resources.

Ideally, we would take our money and go on a 'honeymoon' somewhere great. I'm not religious, and I don't need to scream to the world that I'm in love.

Depends on the day.

Most times, I love my independence and have no desire to ever get married.

Sometimes, I'll think about it and it'll seem like great fun - falling in love, getting married, etc.... But yeah - I just don't think I'll let that happen. Least not in the next couple years!

Archived