There is no 2nd date now, girl sent me this email this morning

ConfusedDater

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish girls would send me these types of emails at home instead of when I'm at work because now I don't have the energy to stay here and just want to go home and start trying to meet someone else. It's hard to deal with these type of emails at work

Then go home and get to work! And when you go on the first next time, make sure you mention sex nice and early; this was clearly the problem last time, as you identified. And if she asks about your couch, say "don't worry, Hon, I have a nice comfy bed instead". You can't lose!

I admit, it sucks. But what she did was decent.

1) To continue to see you would mean that she is leading you on, even though at that point she became available.

2) Receiving an email informing you of such a development is 100 times more desirable then a sudden "disappearance." I've gone on two dates with a girl who abruptedly stopped calling. I checked a couple of weeks later, she was in a relationship with a guy.

In your situation, I do appreciate being told that any chances of dating her are effectively over. You can save time and money and move on quicker. However, in response to the fact that she let someone "beat you to the punch..."

Why did you feel the need to say something snide to her? She wasn't committed to you bc of one date, just as you weren't to her--you are trying to go on other dates as well. What good did that email do you other than point out to her that she got to you?

Because she agreed to see me next week that's why and contacted me first after the date that's why. It sure wasn't going to be anything sweet.

That's a step up from me anyway because it would have been much nastier in the year of 1999

That's a step up from me anyway because it would have been much nastier in the year of 1999

are you Rainman?

Even if you are....she was under no obligation to continue seeing her regardless of whether she called you, didn't called you, told you she liked you, didn't like you, etc etc. Keep taking things so personally and even if you do end up in a relationship the woman is going to get tired of it and leave.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out with this girl. Honestly, it has NOTHING to do with you. And don't be discouraged. She was giving all the right signs, and I think she was genuinely interested, it's just that we ALL have our baggage, and often when an old love comes 'round the corner, it's next to impossible to not give the past another go. This is par for the course on the dating scene. It's so common, it's cliche. Again, THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, this is about her and her past.

Please don't take it personally, and please get back up on that horse ASAP ... invite a woman, ANY woman, out for coffee or something this weekend, just for the sake of doing it and staying strong. Otherwise, you'll just stew all weekend and get more and more bitter ... if such a thing is even POSSIBLE for you!

Hang in there. We've all been through similar circumstances. This ISN'T the end of the world. What if she had waited until after you'd developed real feelings for her? Then you'd be dealing with a grieving broken-heart, and that would be a million times worse.

And DON'T send bitter emails responses ... the one you sent was pretty pathetic and made you sound like a loser! Be mindful of that next time. Word could get out about you! We keep your issues in confidentiality, but the rest of the world ain't so kind.

My response to her email

Dear lady,

No sweat, I was just looking for another notch on my belt and you seemed to be a sure bet.

Best of luck,

CD

Grymoire's response to her email:

Dear lady,

I already have many notches and thought you would the buckle to my belt...

But... oh well...

CD

word can get out about me because I made one statement without cursing? you act like I sent her a email cursing her out all i did was send a snide remark and deleted her from my email.

Now I could of gotten nasty after reading her last setence

"Maybe I will give u another chance if it doesn't work out"

What kind of SH*T is that? So don;t come at me about what I sent back because it could have been a lot worse after seeing that KEEP YOUR CHIN UP statement. I think that's the worse thing you can do.

Why the mad rush to have a girl?

I wasn't in a rush to be with a girl, I just thought I was going on a 2nd date and now it won't happen especially when it looked so good.

I don't know who the guy was who told me this years ago but he was a 100% right.

"when it comes to woman, don't assume anything"

I should have that statement enlarged and put on my wall in my bedroom.

I wasn't in a rush to be with a girl, I just thought I was going on a 2nd date and now it won't happen especially when it looked so good.

I don't know who the guy was who told me this years ago but he was a 100% right.

Look I am sure you have done this to a girl before, I know I have. You have a great time, she really isn't 100% what your looking for but you figure what the hell she's a nice person. Then you run into another option and think now I am going to cancel on the first girl and focus on the new one.

I will give you this CD - your response to her was LOTS bettre than some responses you have shared with us in the past. So you are making progress, inch by inch. Hang in there. Don't check this stuff from work if it rattles you so.

If you have the funds treat yourself to a dinner out that consists of your fave dish. That is also a nice pick me up. Unless you are on a diet, and in that case treat yourself to a new book or movie or whatever you really like. Indulge a tiny bit to nurse your wounds vs getting negative.

And if you choose a new book you can check out the nerdy girls who walk in and out. Imagine they are walking on your back. LOL

Well, it just seems that most of your posts are about finding a girl, what to do with them once you find them & when you got one...if everything you did was ok on whatever date.

I'm just asking why you are trying so hard to find "a" girl?

Look I am sure you have done this to a girl before, I know I have. You have a great time, she really isn't 100% what your looking for but you figure what the hell she's a nice person. Then you run into another option and think now I am going to cancel on the first girl and focus on the new one.

well that mean she wasn't supposed to contact me first then after the date if that was the case. I would see what you are saying if I had been the one being the agressor, after the date I didn't contact at her and was going to on tuesday but she already beat me to the punch.

I just know the next person who askes me-"why don't I have a girlfriend" they may just end up in the hospital.

Seems to me that CD is handling it well.. That response wasn't too bad in my opinion. The girl stated she was going to try with someone else she'd been having problems with. If she had feelings for someone else still, maybe she shouldn't have been dating?

Sounds like you are dealing well CD. I'm proud of ya Man!

"hi how are you? yes I did enjoy my movie I watched last night"

"So anyway, I wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed meeting you and talking to you, but I'm going to try and make a relationship that has been kinda of a on and off thing try and work. I know you're looking for more than a platonic relationship, so i wanted to let you know I will understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore."

I'm sure that you got a great response on link removed and I may see you on there again if this doesn't work out. But anyway I wish you the best.

2 questions:

1) why does she say she will understand if you don't want to talk to her any more when she is the one ending it?

2) what's up with the 'i will see you again if this doesn't work out'? does she think CD is like a standby?

I will give you this CD - your response to her was LOTS bettre than some responses you have shared with us in the past. So you are making progress, inch by inch. Hang in there. Don't check this stuff from work if it rattles you so.

well see I had no way of knowing, I thought it was just a regular email that was a response to the one i sent her last night. So i opened it and was surprised at what I was reading because it happened so fast.

Well, it just seems that most of your posts are about finding a girl, what to do with them once you find them & when you got one...if everything you did was ok on whatever date.

I'm just asking why you are trying so hard to find "a" girl?

Because it's time for me to be with a WOMAN, i'm not getting any younger and I can't just keep going through life looking at everyone hugged up with that special someone and me hugged up with a bag of nachos looking at jay leno

2 questions:

1) why does she say she will understand if you don't want to talk to her any more when she is the one ending it?

2) what's up with the 'i will see you again if this doesn't work out'? does she think CD is like a standby?

Exactly, I could really send her a nasty disrespectful email for that dumb a$$ statement

Because it's time for me to be with a WOMAN, i'm not getting any younger and I can't just keep going through life looking at everyone hugged up with that special someone and me hugged up with a bag of nachos looking at jay leno

hehehehe.... Can I start a thread with great quotes by you, CD?

Stop searching for a relationship. Go out and date and if you find that special lady then congrats but until then don't expect anything from your dates

Archived