do men like flat stomaches?

Caterina

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm shocked that you people can be so personally offended by the sight of another person's body.

I'm sorry but I will never have a flat tummy and I will wear the clothes that I like and if you have a problem with that, you can look the other way.

i'm not offended. but i will look the other way if it doesn't fit my preference.

i was just saying i see girls talking trash about other girls and what they wear all the time. big time at the gym too.

So what if you're a girl who has the most amazing and desirable body in the world but has the personality of a sewer rat??! Would her fabulicious body suffice?

Her fabulous body would definitely catch many eyes but she will never get the love she deserves in the long run.

I dont care how gorgeous a woman is, if she does not treat me right, I will have nothing to do with her.

My Fiance has an amazing body and if she treated me badly, she would get a really close look at the door. However, she treats me very well and I plan to hold onto that forever. If she gains weight over the years then I will not leave her. I will just make sure that I keep motivated in my workouts and try to encourage her to do the same. I know for a fact that she will buy a new wardrobe before even thinking about trying to slip into the jeans she wears now though. She has more dignity and respect for herself then that.

I'm shocked that you people can be so personally offended by the sight of another person's body.

I'm sorry but I will never have a flat tummy and I will wear the clothes that I like and if you have a problem with that, you can look the other way.

That's what I do. I look the other way. That still does not get the disgusting image of a 180lb 5'4" chick in a spaghetti strap and daisy dukes.

A flat stomach signals youth, usually. I did not get a belly until well into my 30's. As we age, more fat is stored around the belly. This is true in men as well.

So, if a man sees a woman with a flat stomach, he may be programmed genetically to think that she is of childbearing age....and may become aroused or attracted.

I am not talking about muscles and 6 packs...I am talking about a small waist.

The point is people, that we all have personal preferences. you asked a question and we are answering it to our own preferences. No need to be offended for the fact you will never have a flat belly. This question isnt about your belly it was the opinion over all so why the offensivness. Personallity plays a huge roll but like i was telling my girl last night, attraction has to be there aswell. Im not going to have sex with someone that looks like something i eat. can you say limp noodle? Everyone has thier own standards. i would say i have a pretty flat/muscular stomach because i got off my * * * * and worked hard for it so rather than people complaining about it, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

A flat stomach signals youth, usually. I did not get a belly until well into my 30's. As we age, more fat is stored around the belly. This is true in men as well.

So, if a man sees a woman with a flat stomach, he may be programmed genetically to think that she is of childbearing age....and may become aroused or attracted.

I am not talking about muscles and 6 packs...I am talking about a small waist.

*cough* what?

Oh and by the way....

I know Drecious can back me up on this. I don't think it is all about having a flat tummy. Yes, I like it but I have not always looked at that as my number 1 reason for dating a girl.

Drewcious has known me for years and he has seen a couple girls that I have dated that have been a little bit more on the "thick" side. However, They dressed VERY CLASSY. They didn't wear clothes that they used to wear in 9th grade when they had a metabolism. I stayed with one girl for 3 years that kept on gaining weight. She was 5'6" 120 when I met her and after 3 years she was 5'6" 195lbs.

I didn't leave her because she gained weight. I left her because I couldn't see myself marrying her and or bringing her back to my hometown. (I was leaving the military 6 months after I broke it off with her) We found each other as better friends than anything.

So in a sense, you are taking me WAY wrong. I am not complaining about fat people. I am complaining about how some fat people dress. When they wear clothes that show off their not so fit bodies, that to me looks trashy.

I am not complaining about fat people. I am complaining about how some fat people dress. When they wear clothes that show off their not so fit bodies, that to me looks trashy.

I fully agree. Some people (both men and women) dont' seem to get it, they don't have full length mirrors, they don't get good advice, or they just don't see what everyone else sees....or they dont' care, I don't know.

It's all about the cut of the clothes, the design. "Bigger" can look really, really attractive in the right clothes. Oh yeah, and the "muffin top" look - that's gotta go.

That's what I do. I look the other way. That still does not get the disgusting image of a 180lb 5'4" chick in a spaghetti strap and daisy dukes.

That's a pretty mean thing to say. I'm 5'4'' and around that weight. And when it's warm outside, I hardly want to cover up. And I would say I look pretty damn good, sexy ass and not in the least bit disgusting.

It is a reality. women complain about not having a flat stomach, well get off your * * * * and do something about it otherwise you will be left with a muffin top or as i call a toad stool. I personally prefer flat stomachs. Im not talking six pack or a muscular like pink but just flat and like aviator states about the belly ring, i find that very sexy on a woman.

It should be a law for women to wear short or tight shirts where thier spare tires over hang. why do that? do you see men with fat bellys wearing short or tight shirts? NO, we cover it up.

Do men find this unattractive? I'm curious.....as a woman I think Pinks stomach is HOT....That's my goal.

I've lost about 15 lbs over the past 6 months. I'm now in the borderline underweight category for my height and I still have a little bit of a pot belly. I have always had hang ups about it. When I was younger I used to say that the first thing I'd do when I got a job was to get liposuction. It doesn't seem to matter how much weight I lose, I think I will always have it.

With regard to men's preferences, I think that most men would prefer a flat tummy. But, particularly with today's levels of obesity, the women with flat tummies to men ratio makes it impossible for everyone to get one. I've never had a guy I've dated make a negative comment about my body, but I've definitely turned guys off with my negative attitude toward it.

I see ads for flat abs everywhere. If I judged the way women should look by girls in magazines, I'd never get a date. Yet, I have men hit on me a lot. I don't have a flat stomache...its not big or anything, but its not flat.

I was very attracted to my last boyfriend, a lot of women are, and he told me he hated women with flat stomaches. It all doesn't make sense to me. Because I have struggled with low self esteem before and b/c I didn't look like a magazine bikini girl, I thought no one would like me, but then, lots of people ended up liking me anyways.

So do these guys like me or are they settling for something in their range? Would all men secretly prefer a flat stomache girl?

It seems like a paradox.

I have no idea how this thread got so offensive.

The OP asked a simple question. She didn't ask if you thought girls that wear inappropriate clothing attractive, did she?

Pff...... Rude. Rude. Seriously - this is a place where people should be able to come to and feel comfortable. Not read something and think "Oh, I guess I may as well give up on life since I'm so terrible."

Sigh.

Archived