do men like flat stomaches?

Caterina

I see ads for flat abs everywhere. If I judged the way women should look by girls in magazines, I'd never get a date. Yet, I have men hit on me a lot. I don't have a flat stomache...its not big or anything, but its not flat.

I was very attracted to my last boyfriend, a lot of women are, and he told me he hated women with flat stomaches. It all doesn't make sense to me. Because I have struggled with low self esteem before and b/c I didn't look like a magazine bikini girl, I thought no one would like me, but then, lots of people ended up liking me anyways.

So do these guys like me or are they settling for something in their range? Would all men secretly prefer a flat stomache girl?

It seems like a paradox.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All men have different preferences.

When I am asked "Are you a boobs or Butt kinda guy", I smile and say NEITHER! For as long as the womans body fits HER well... I don't really care.

However, I am a complete sucker for a nice stomach complimented with a belly button ring and or a killer smile.

Those are my weaknesses

Because I have struggled with low self esteem before and b/c I didn't look like a magazine bikini girl, I thought no one would like me, but then, lots of people ended up liking me anyways..

In print media especially even the girl in the picture doesn't look like the girl in real life.

Have you ever seen this brief video called "Evolution"? It's been around for a couple years, but in case you haven't seen it ---

You're comparing yourself to something that doesn't really exist.

I think you have to define "flat" - does it mean 6 pack? or just the lack of a "roll"?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Unless you go to the gym several times a week and have almost no body fat, you're going to have a soft tummy. But that's different from rolls.

All men have different preferences.

When I am asked "Are you a boobs or Butt kinda guy", I smile and say NEITHER! For as long as the womans body fits HER well... I don't really care.

However, I am a complete sucker for a nice stomach complimented with a belly button ring and or a killer smile.

Those are my weaknesses

What is a nice stomache? Side opinion, Don't you think that those belly button rings are k.o cheesy though? I mean, a lot of people have told me they thought it looked cheap and easy. But then again, the people who have said that were girls.

I think you have to define "flat" - does it mean 6 pack? or just the lack of a "roll"?

No, obviously not a six pack b/c men seem to be grossed out by that. I'm talking about the typical bikini girl in the magazines. Flat. No fat. Like my stomache was when I was twelve.

Define roll? Like a little belly or are you talkin' about a muffin top?

I think a perfectly flat stomach on a woman is rarer than hens teeth. The magazine pictures aren't reality.

As you have seen yourself men do go for women without flat stomachs. None of my male friends go out with women with perfectly flat stomachs and I don't remember any of them doing so previously. I am sure the guys that went out with you genuinely liked you and were not settling for something in their 'price range'.

I remember thinking this one woman was the hottest thing I had ever seen in my life and her stomach wasn't flat (sadly or perhaps it was all for the better! she never went out with me). When I was with my ex (her stomach was pretty flat and fairly toned, but not perfectly flat) her stomach wasn't even in the top 10 things I liked about her. Stomach flatness is just a small thing in a huge pile of factors that make someone attractive, so I wouldn't worry.

What is a nice stomache? Side opinion, Don't you think that those belly button rings are k.o cheesy though? I mean, a lot of people have told me they thought it looked cheap and easy. But then again, the people who have said that were girls.

A nice stomache to me is a flat one, not muscular. It it a stomache that does not sitck out past the jeans (aka "muffin top") I think that women that wear tight jeans and have fat rolls coming out is disgusting. I like to call these women biscuts because I envision undressing them like opening a can of pillsbury doughboy biscuts... you twist the can and theres no getting the dough back into the can again.

I don't mond if the stomache sticks out just a little bit but when it sticks over the jeans a good inch, I think that the woman shoulld either hit the gym if she wants to wear clothes like that or buy some clothes that cover her up.

As far as the Belly Button ring, I agree, some people find it to be kinda cheesy but most are women. My fiance has an amazing stomache and a great tan so I think that her belly ring compliments her great body.

If a woman is overweight and has one, i agree that it makes them look cheesy.

My little way of comparing this to is...

If you see a beautiful sports car with its original decals, the decals make it look exotic. Throw those same decals on a 1991 lime green and rusted Geo Metro, those decals suddenly look well..... Funny/Cheesy/disgusting

I think that women that wear tight jeans and have fat rolls coming out is disgusting. I like to call these women biscuts because I envision undressing them like opening a can of pillsbury doughboy biscuts... you twist the can and theres no getting the dough back into the can again.

I don't mond if the stomache sticks out just a little bit but when it sticks over the jeans a good inch, I think that the woman shoulld either hit the gym if she wants to wear clothes like that or buy some clothes that cover her up.

Wow, that's harsh.

Wow, that's harsh.

not meant to be harsh. This goes with personal preference. I also dont think that overweight men should be wearing cut off shirts or clothes that show off their fat. It just looks gross to me. I dont care if someone is overweight. Many of my friends are. They do however wear clothes that FIT them.

I keep thinking of that scene in the movie "Pulp Fiction" where Bruce Willis' character is in a motel room with his adorably cute foreign girlfriend and she keeps on talking about how she wishes she had a "little pot belly".

she probably wouldn't wear pants cutting off circulation though. she said she'd wear a smaller shirt to accentuate it.

but it's reality. you ladies see it and make comments too. i see it all the time.

not meant to be harsh. This goes with personal preference. I also dont think that overweight men should be wearing cut off shirts or clothes that show off their fat. It just looks gross to me. I dont care if someone is overweight. Many of my friends are. They do however wear clothes that FIT them.

It is a reality. women complain about not having a flat stomach, well get off your * * * * and do something about it otherwise you will be left with a muffin top or as i call a toad stool. I personally prefer flat stomachs. Im not talking six pack or a muscular like pink but just flat and like aviator states about the belly ring, i find that very sexy on a woman.

It should be a law for women to wear short or tight shirts where thier spare tires over hang. why do that? do you see men with fat bellys wearing short or tight shirts? NO, we cover it up.

read the bold

Hmm.. I don't call people disgusting, compare them to dough spilling out of a can, or expect people who don't fit my ideal to cover up in order to spare me the pain of *gasp* seeing them.

This falls along the lines of YOUR personal preference. It is usually the overweight people that are insecure with their bodies that tend to not like hearing comments like this. Do you find yourself to be overweight and if so, are you unhappy about it?

People may see something about me and say "I find that disgusting!" but as long as I am happy with my appearance, I wont start trying to defend myself. I will just think "oh well, they are ENTITLED to their OPINION"

it is a reality. Women complain about not having a flat stomach, well get off your * * * * and do something about it otherwise you will be left with a muffin top or as i call a toad stool. I personally prefer flat stomachs. Im not talking six pack or a muscular like pink but just flat and like aviator states about the belly ring, i find that very sexy on a woman.

It should be a law for women to wear short or tight shirts where thier spare tires over hang. Why do that? Do you see men with fat bellys wearing short or tight shirts? No, we cover it up.

word!.....

I'm shocked that you people can be so personally offended by the sight of another person's body.

I'm sorry but I will never have a flat tummy and I will wear the clothes that I like and if you have a problem with that, you can look the other way.

Archived