Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

I just tore through the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers and am now reading "Something Borrowed" by Emily Griffin.

I've been needing a little escape since work and my life has been quite stressful lately.

Is that series good? I see it around, but I've never picked it up because it looks so 'teenager mainstream'.

Is that series good? I see it around, but I've never picked it up because it looks so 'teenager mainstream'.

I found it quite enjoyable and I am 32.

It was kind of funny, when I was on the last book I was reading it while waiting at the dealer getting my car fixed and an older woman, maybe in her 50's was reading the last book as well, and she was just at the beginning and said she couldn't put them down!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm reading "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho...just got it in the mail from one of my best friends!

I've read the first two of the twilight series...definitely a guilty pleasure...

i've heard these two girls in one of my classes talking about the books, they're sooo into them it's insane!

are they THAT good?

right now i'm reading:

"The Brothers Karamazov"- Fyodor Dostoevsky (pretty good so far)

"The tale of the body thief"- Anne Rice (its ok.. i'm only reading it because i want to get the series over with!)

Right now I'm reading Blackstaff Tower by Steven E. Schend. It's not too bad if you're into fantasy novels. Last book I read was Relentless Pursuit by Kevin Flynn. That one is a true story based on a double homicide in Washington DC (writer was the prosecutor for the case, which makes it more interesting).

• 3 weeks later...