Is anyone okay with prostitution?

rosephase

enlighten me

you already know. one night stands do not equal prostitution, fwbs do not equal prostitution. you really cannot relate the two.

the profound differences being:

money, and a means to make a living.

complete strangers, anytime, anywhere.

Hundreds of partners a month compared to a dozen a year being the average.

On that same note do you want to harp as far as to say 'well people who have sex out of wedlock or while they are in relationships that end are also just as bad as prostitutes!' --No, you wouldnt go there.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you already know. one night stands do not equal prostitution, fwbs do not equal prostitution. you really cannot relate the two.

On that same note do you want to harp as far as to say 'well people who have sex out of wedlock or while they are in relationships that end are also just as bad as prostitutes!' --No, you wouldnt go there.

prostitutes have sex with many people

some ladies have sex with many people

I've been "going there" this entire thread. I have been saying that people in glass houses need to be careful about the way they talk about these women.

Again,

Prostitution spreads STD/STIs to innocent parties. It spreads violence, STD/STIs, the objectification of women, and emotional trauma to minors.

How could anyone possible be okay with prositution?

You people on here are trying to debate this from a moralistic sense. The real issues and problems that this practice causes are what people should be focusing on.

SEX spreads STD/STIs to innocent parties! The fact is you don't have even have to have sex to get some of the nasty ones. And I would like any info on how it spreads violence. Or emotional trauma to minors. (If they are not involved in it which a different can of worms)

I'll give you objectification of women but sports illustrated does the same thing.

I would have HUGE reservations, don't get me wrong. Not what I want to do with my life.

Just I could see it being preferable to a few other things.

Preferable as to what???

I was homeless last year for a few months....My children and my grandchildren were all separated from each other. I could have sold my ass to any number of men and obtained the money to get another place to live and be reunited with my children and grandchildren again, but I didn't. I chose the road less traveled, woke up early every single day and went to my regular job, getting paid every two weeks, knowing that it was going to take a while before I could get my finances in order and get a place for me and my children. Why? Because I respect myself, because I know that my children would not have seen me in the same light.

I'm in a townhouse now, I'm slowly getting my place furnished. We don't have the best of things but I take great pride and satisfaction knowing that I did it on my own without having to resort to sucking everyone off.

I don't even think stripclubs should be legal so maybe I am not the best person to weigh in on this convo.

Fantasy is one thing. This crosses over into reality and many lives are broken and torn up over it, STD's, people are violated and exploited.

I can't think of one good thing about it - unless you count a man spilling his change literally and metaphorically - which isn't a good enough reason for it to be around IMO.

And enchilda, tons of STI's are spread by promiscuous people, it's not something that prostitutes placed a patent on. Why are we only attacking 1/2 of the people spreading them?

Tyler: You are incorrect. It's all numbers. A prostitute will sleep with many times more people than a promiscuous person, thus increasing their risk of contracting something. Statistics 101.

prostitutes have sex with many people

some ladies have sex with many people

you say 'many' as if the numbers on prostitutes isnt exponential to the numbers of an average woman.. oh please mid you can't even pretend to lie and say its even going to be remotely the same.

People hookup with strangers all the time. There is no moral difference.

There are two types of sex

1.) The sex one has in a loving monogomous relationship.

2.) The sex that takes place outside of #1.

People in #2 should not be insulting themselves.

I disagree.

I agree with the sentiments of the Prostitution Research and Education center in CA. I see prostition as an ethical conflict in society, which is fundamentally different than a personal moral choice to be promiscuous.

Prostitution is

• a) sexual harassment
  • b) rape
  • c) battering
  • d) verbal abuse
  • e) domestic violence
  • f) a racist practice "Women in prostitution are purchased for their appearance, including skin color and characteristics based on ethnic stereotyping" ("sexual tourism" perpetuates this as well)
  • g) a violation of human rights
  • h) childhood sexual abuse
  • i) a consequence of male domination of women
  • j) all of the above

could you explain what would be better than being a prostitute??????

Most things. Anything that would afford me more comfort really, or less risk. There are some things I know I could NOT do without severe emotional consequences, greater than those that would arise from selling myself. Like working as a forensic investigator. Me and dead rotting things....just don't mix. my instinctive repulsion there is greater than that to being a sex worker (in good conditions of course - bad ones the two would be about paramount).

I think you could agree with something existing without actually doing it, because you understand that it's really no big deal if you are already promiscious, just instead of something being punctuated by luck, lustful attraction (where the guy is looked at like a sex object), etc.. it's punctuated by money istead.

I am not promiscuous, and I don't think I could be. I do respect that some people can deal with that, and that some people have little choice. I agree with the fact that it is justifiable, but it is not something I would do.

Tyler: You are incorrect. It's all numbers. A prostitute will sleep with many times more people than a promiscuous person, thus increasing their risk of contracting something. Statistics 101.

K, but people who aren't prostitutes have the options of spreading that STI to a larger group of people who wouldn't go to prostitutes.

If the same people are going to prostitutes all the time, they won't be spreading as much STI's as the promiscuous girls/guys that have access to clean people in HS/college/workplace/etc.

Until a prostitute asks me to fight for her in an idealistic sense, I'm not going to.

correct me if i am wrong but that may not be what your friends do, its certainly what most low-end prostittues do. rest assured.

How the hell do you know? That is my point you are on here saying what they are and how they live, and how they feel about themselves and you don't have the first clue. I am speaking from my limited experience, and you are speaking from a bunch of baseless ideas that you have come up with and now present like they are facts.

lol you men are silly. 'i dont look down on prostitutes but i wouldnt date one or buy one because i have standards!'

BUHAHAAHAA!

'Anyone who has been promiscuous has no room to talk about women who sleep with men for a living, although its nowhere near the same thing'

please.. you couldnt sell that garb to a pawn shop!

Archived