What you did with your rings they gave you?

I was just curious because i cannot get rid of this damn ring she gave me (wedding band..BAH!). It's either on my finger or around my neck but i guess the break up is still new thats why. I was wondering if anybody kept theres or they are still wearing it around. Just curious.

Hang on to it if it makes you feel better... at least for now.

Sometimes you can donate to charity auction and you get a tax write off.

Personally if your breakup is relatively fresh I wouldn't do anything rash at the moment. Don't rid yourself of it and then suddenly you wished you hadn't.

Some people go through and cut up all the pictures of the two of them together.... not me... I want to be reminded of that trip to Greece and who he was at the time we took it... (and that I cried on the plane trip home because he was an ass and a complete stranger had to bring me a tissue rather than the idiot next to me!) I want to remember from where I came and where I'm going.

I pawned my first wedding band for 20 bucks and bought a case of beer and went camping with friends. It was great! I now have another to get rid of-divorced twice-loser, I know-but this is a really nice ring, but it's inscribed-does anyone know if an inscription can be taken off so I could sell it for more than $20?

I was just curious because i cannot get rid of this damn ring she gave me (wedding band..BAH!). It's either on my finger or around my neck but i guess the break up is still new thats why. I was wondering if anybody kept theres or they are still wearing it around. Just curious.

I have both my wedding ring and my engagement ring, but I wear neither one.

Took the diamond out of the ring and had it made into a pendant.

Wedding ring itself is around somewhere... don't really think about it at all, just thrown in with the other jewelry somewhere... the rings are much more symbolic when newly separated, but after a while they are like really old pictures where you've lost the emotion and say to yourself, oh yeah, i remember that... but doesn't affect you much.

Took the diamond out of the ring and had it made into a pendant.

Wedding ring itself is around somewhere... don't really think about it at all, just thrown in with the other jewelry somewhere... the rings are much more symbolic when newly separated, but after a while they are like really old pictures where you've lost the emotion and say to yourself, oh yeah, i remember that... but doesn't affect you much.

I have to agree with BSBH about the rings...

I have both my engagement ring and my wedding band in my jewelry box.

I would never ever be able to wear them again.

To me, they are nothing more than symbols of broken promises.

I don't even like to look at them.

~Allie

debaser - we broke up for a ton of reasons but basically she found someone else..Grr..Still a little mad but i did write a post about it. I think it was titled I'm sorry this happened..

I would have thrown it away or off a cliff but every time i want to i couldn't bring myself to do it. It feels comfortable with me and near me. I guess it's my way of holding onto our love as it was a promise that we would be together forever. *sigh* I sound like a girl. lol

Well, we bought mine out of a pawnshop because it was very unique.

The day she told me there was no hope, no desire for her to even try to reconcile, was the day I took it off.

I know where it is, but I don't look at it except for when I want a hard reminder of how she simply walked after 20 years.

I also still have the big sun tattoo on my back that I drew and had custom done with her name done in the middle of it in this beautiful scroll lettering. It was the first one I had gotten, sometimes I look at it in the mirror to remind me of the fact that everything ends and not to get attached again.

Sometimes I feel like I want to get her name covered over, but then maybe I'll have "Nothing Lasts" tatted just below it to remind me to never get involved again.

I'm better off now alone.

I did like the response of pawning it and buying beer though......

Mine wasn't an engagement ring, just a beautiful 2 carat sapphire ring that he gave me for my birthday one year. In a heated argument I tossed it at him ending our relationship. Several months later we decided to give it another try, he put the ring on my finger. Things were going really well and I wore the ring with much pride, we even talked about the possibility of marriage, he wanted me to start looking for my dream engagement ring. He started acting out again and I just gave it back to him and I have decided that I don't want that ring or any other ring from him right now.

Archived