Largest Age Gap In Your Relationships?

niczeegs

Personally, I've never given a flip one way or t'other for chronological age in considering a partner. This couple's sweet story seems to support my belief that good love transcends the numbers game. More power to 'em, I say.

my dh and I have been together for 17 years. I'm currently 41 and he's 71. We were 24 and 54 at the time. We had known each other for a couple of years before we started dating. We have 4 children together, and get along great.
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this question has probably already been posted, but heck, why not do it again for the newbies?!

What has been the largest age gap within your past relationships?

Mine would be that I was 15 and he was 21. I was a 15 year old who felt WAY TOO mature. I was pathetic. Yet, I believe he was more pathetic.

I dated a guy who was 21 when I was 16, kind of similar to yours, and it worked for a while because I was mature for my age. That wasn't my largest age gap though, seeing as how I'm dating someone who is 13 years my senior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
For most people an "age gap" is classified by anything more than 5 years. It really depends on the age of the ones involved (16 and 21 = Age gap) where as (30 and 35 = Not a big difference at all).

I say six, you say five. I am 30 and almost 31 and don't see 24 or 26 as younger or older but 22 and 40 I do. We're talking 1 year so it doesn't matter since there isn't a set fence.

I'd date an age gap but be aware that it was an age gap.

I think we both agree it depends on the age how large the gap is.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was 28 years, she was 18 I was 46.

We were very happy while it lasted and after we both agreed it was the best year of our lives. We were friends before we got together. The age-gap was never an issue for us and wasn't the reason we split up. Most people that knew us didn't have any problem with it either (her friends or mine).

Having said that, my next largest gap is about 10 years, and she was older than me. Mostly it's been under 5 years, just cos that way we have a lot in common. Can't help who you fall in love with. We nearly didn't have our age-gap relationship cos of the age difference. We are so glad we did

Archived