Largest Age Gap In Your Relationships?

niczeegs

22 year difference, I was 25 he was 47. We were together 9 years and married for 4. For a long time I delusionally said age doesn't matter, but when I was a member of AARP at 33, I started to question that logic The truth is an age difference that large does matter for a lot of different reasons.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm 20, he's 35=15 years....absolutely love him more and more each day...we have our ups and downs, but it's never been 'age difference' related. i think it's because we're able to meet halfway with eachother, so we usually have a great balance.

yeah, for a lot of ppl a big age gap wouldn't work for a lot of diferent reasons, but it doesn't mean it NEVER works either.

My first age gap romance was when I was 18 with someone who was 34 (we met when I was 18)...so that was 15 year difference. We dated for a long while and then broke up due to other circumstances. I don't regret it...we're still friends.

My current boyfriend is 37 years older, which is the biggest gap I've had and probably ever will have. I can't imagine having a bigger one.

22 year difference, I was 25 he was 47. We were together 9 years and married for 4. For a long time I delusionally said age doesn't matter, but when I was a member of AARP at 33, I started to question that logic The truth is an age difference that large does matter for a lot of different reasons.

What is AARP?

My first age gap romance was when I was 18 with someone who was 34 (we met when I was 18)...so that was 15 year difference. We dated for a long while and then broke up due to other circumstances. I don't regret it...we're still friends.

My current boyfriend is 37 years older, which is the biggest gap I've had and probably ever will have. I can't imagine having a bigger one.

Well you've got me beat! Haha, I didn't think that could happen. Good luck in your relationship, I hope all goes well for you.

What is AARP?

AARP is the American Association of Retired Persons. I think you have to be 50+ to join though...when you turn 50, you get all these annoying letters in your mailbox telling you to join.

Still trying to get my boyfriend to join but he won't budge. [-(

Well you've got me beat! Haha, I didn't think that could happen. Good luck in your relationship, I hope all goes well for you.

Oh it's definitely possible. I've heard of some people with 40+ year gaps. I guess anything is possible!

And thanks! I wish you the best too!

• 2 weeks later...

14 years and 5 months. It's not apparent when we're together, but it still boggles my mind when I look at those numbers.

If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, I doubt I'll go any older. I don't know how some of you cope with the extreme age gaps of 30 years or more. Half that amount is scary to me. Good for you guys, I suppose.

I don't think my age gap is too bad though. I don't really see it as something to be proud of, though. It's just there. I don't really equate any emotion to it because I don't really see it, except for the few times that people stare at us annoyingly in public or make rude comments.

It works for me but it may not work for everyone and that's totally okay. We are all different.

I don't think my age gap is too bad though. I don't really see it as something to be proud of, though. It's just there. I don't really equate any emotion to it because I don't really see it, except for the few times that people stare at us annoyingly in public or make rude comments.

It works for me but it may not work for everyone and that's totally okay. We are all different.

I agree. It may not work for everyone, but for me I do have a feeling attached to it. It's freedom. I've "come out of the closet" and I am SO happy to be who I am and not have to hide it, deny myself, or feel like I am abnormal. It may not work for everyone, but I will fight with everything in me for the rights of those for whom it does work. When I was sixteen, my bf was 29. That was illegal. I think that's sick, and it needs to change.

Anyway, that was just my little rant for the day. Sorry people.

I definitely have a thing for older men but decided not to pursue it until I was 18+.

I like them mostly because I have an excellent relationship with my father and I like to re-create that in many ways. I'm more comfortable around older men, and I see them as equals, not authority figures...weird I know, but that's me.

Maybe it's because I don't "feel" 20 inside. It's not an issue of maturity...I just don't really see myself as a young woman. I never have. When my boyfriend and I are together, I feel very close and equal to him. Sometimes when he's looking the mirror and I stand by him, what I see is very jarring to me. Like "Oh that's me? I'm so young!"

My boyfriend is very "old at heart". when he was my age, he said that he couldn't wait to turn 40. He wouldn't turn back the clock now because he feels like he's reached the age where it matches him inside. I haven't gotten to that point yet. But we are an awesome couple.

I never looked for a guy much older, it more just happened. When I met my bf, I didn't know his age. I thought he was around mid twenties. Turns out he is 10 years older. oh well, I am happy with him. I've always been told I am mature for my age and we seem to click well.

Uh oh, 29 and 16? I think you're in a better relationship now because even though the gap's bigger, you're still both 18+.

My first older man relationship was when I was 15 and he was 33. Lotsa trouble there. I'm glad I then decided to wait til I was 18+.

Uh oh, 29 and 16? I think you're in a better relationship now because even though the gap's bigger, you're still both 18+.

My first older man relationship was when I was 15 and he was 33. Lotsa trouble there. I'm glad I then decided to wait til I was 18+.

I really don't understand why a man well into his thirties would be attracted to a 15 year old girl. I'm 18 and I don't even look at 15 year old girls. Did you ever think that there was something maybe a little wrong with the fact that he was 33, and interested in a 15 year old?

I really don't understand why a man well into his thirties would be attracted to a 15 year old girl. I'm 18 and I don't even look at 15 year old girls. Did you ever think that there was something maybe a little wrong with the fact that he was 33, and interested in a 15 year old?

Haha...no doubt in my mind that something was wrong. Very wrong.

We weren't really sexual but I was young and stupid. He had a lot of mental health problems and I thought that I could help him, just by being there. Well, it doesn't work that way.

I have changed a lot as a person since I was 15 and have had MANY life experiences and have traveled. I even look a lot older. It's a total 180. Once people have gotten to know me, they understand why someone my boyfriend's age would like to be with me.

I am not sure why S (the guy in his 30s) wanted to be with me. For a long time I thought he loved me, but given his problems, I don't think that was possible, at least not in a healthy way.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Archived