Largest Age Gap In Your Relationships?

niczeegs

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I honestly don't know why a man would want to date an older woman.

That being said though, I prefer to stay within my range. I dated exclusively older men for a while and it didn't end up so great. I could understand men around my age much better, and they treated me better as well.

because to some people age doesn't matter... compatability, enjoying each other's company, teaching each other new things... there's alot more to a relationship than a number.

That being said though, I prefer to stay within my range. I dated exclusively older men for a while and it didn't end up so great. I could understand men around my age much better, and they treated me better as well.

I have the opposite experience. Once I learned to forget about what other people wanted and just go for what I wanted (older men), I found myself in much better relationships.

I tried dating women my age for 12 years and it didn't go so great.

My current relationship has a 29 year age gap. It sounds ridiculously large, even to me! But when we are together we are just 2 compatible people who love each other.

because to some people age doesn't matter... compatability, enjoying each other's company, teaching each other new things... there's alot more to a relationship than a number.

I AGREE!

I meant no disrespect, but I believe it is the man's job to lead, guide and provide for a woman. For me, it's difficult to see that happening when the woman is older than the man and has more life experience. I understand the attraction though. It's actually kind of embarassing, because I'm quite a few years older than Taylor Lautner and I think he is a BABE But I could never be in a relationship with a younger man. I prefer the guy to be in charge, and take the lead, something about the "older woman" thing doesn't go well with that mindset. But as I said, I used to date exclusively older men, most of them being 5+ years older than myself. None of them were ever really bad, but most of them were far too interested in cars, beer, and watching their old high school football team play... I found it alot easier to get along with guys my age, they seemed to have broader interests and a deeper way of thinking. My ex-fiance was actually just about 4 months older than myself, and he was absolutely wonderful. Sadly, we didn't share the same life goals.

First relationships - 3 years (I was 21, he was 24)

Second relationship - 1 month to the day (he was older)

Current relationship - 8 years (I'm 30 and he's 22). Surprisingly, I don't notice the age difference b/c we both want the same things out of life. That, and his dad is 12 years older than his mom.

I'm sorry, but this really bothered me. Are you suggesting that a man has to pull a woman's weight in a relationship, and that a woman needs to be "guided"? Personally, I find that insulting, and I'm not even a female. While you are entitled to your own opinions, I believe that way of thinking is very much outdated. Women don't need a man to do anything for them.

This is one of my first ever posts, so its nice to find somewhere where i can actually talk about things like this!

My current partner is 30, and i've just turned 20, to me the 10 years is nothing...

i dont think i'll ever find someone who loves me as truly as him!

you just cant help who you fall in love with!

My age gap with my boyfriend is 24 years, Im 19/ hes 43. Were happy. And have been together for a year and a half.

I have never gotten along with people my age, My mom tells people im her "Child with an old soul." And its 100% true. I was home schooled so i was never really around children my own age. So maybe that has something to do with it. But all of my friends are 30s+ My only friend i have my age is 18 but hes just like me when it comes to people. I can't handle guys my age. The non stop party, drinking, ect thing gets old fast! And plus my boyfriend understands my feelings with sex (were waiting till were married)

I don't see an issue with our age gap. Neither do any of my family members. All they care about is that im happy. And He's a good guy!

Archived