Shorter girls, Taller guys...how big a height difference is too big?

greenmonster

I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the height difference between a guy and a girl and how that impacts attraction.

me personally I am 6'4" and am very attracted to girls that are 5'4" and under...but it seems like I have very little luck with shorter girls...well...the girl I'm dating now is about 5'1" lol...but that doesn't count...I'm speaking in generalities...because she is the first girl under 5'5" I've ever dated...

I don't know if they are scared that I'm going to step on em or roll over on em in bed like a bear and squish em or what...but it just seems like throughout college and post college I've always attracted the girls that are 5'11+ while the shorter ones just seem to have no interest...

Thoughts??

I figure the taller girls are attracted to me because I am taller than them and they can wear heels around me and not feel self conscious and I make them feel "normal" or something because it seems like every tall girl I've ever dated has some kind of self conscious issues with thier height...that...or they see me as good breeding stock for NBA prospects...dunno..

So funny.... I think taller guys are often attracted to shorter girls and I'm not sure why.

Let's see here. I'm 5'1".

I have an ex who is 6'5"

My last boyfriend was 6'3"

My boyfriend now is 6'2"

My friends and I talk about it often, me and the tall guys! Who knows what it is. I'm certainly not scared of getting squished. I do look at couples with a large height differences walking down the street and think, "wow, that's what I look like!" It doesn't bother me though.

I haven't noticed anything either, except my 6'0 bf has to bend down a lot because I'm 5'0. When you're lying side by side in bed, it doesn't seem like a taller person can crush you, because you're at the same level. I dated a short guy once, and that was good too though, because we were always at the same level, but we looked like midgets together lol. Height doesn't seem to make or break anything. I'd say it all depends on the person. I like seeing tall guys with a short girl, it's cute.

i was 6'2 and my ex long ago was 5'0. i don't think i really noticed until it was bedtime. hehe. but just hanging out i never really paid attention to her being so much shorter than me. i saw her a couple years after we broke up and she said 'wow i never realized how tall you were.' i said the same thing about her height.

Always been the opposite. If I saw a woman over 5'8", she is probably going to catch me eye. My wife is a bit taller than that, but she does not get to my height even in heels, within a couple inches though.

I have been out with shorter women, too though. I think the shortest was about 5'3", which is foot shorter than I am, and I did notice it made some things less comfortable. But that was never a real roadblock.

I'm 5'5, and I prefer guys between 5'10' - 6'1 range.

I have dated someone who was 5'4 and i have also dated someone 6'3 and I would choose the latter anytime. I'd much rather be with someone who is taller than shorter. If I really like someone it's not really an issue though.

It always surprises me how often this comes up, as it's not something that usually exercises me at all. And I grew up the freakishly tall girl in my class.

My ex was slightly shorter than I. Last man I was into apart from him was shorter than that again. Man before that was taller, about 6 2, and for the first time I had a 'big strong man' feeling. It was kinda nice, but not in a specifically sexy way. Just in a 'I feel a bit safer walking down a dark road with him' kind of way. But I don't expect a man to fight off a sabre-tooth tiger for me, so that 'big strong man' thing has never mattered to me that much.

Cool thread.

I have no idea why but tall guys always fall for me.

I am 158 cm (5.2) and my bf's were mostly from 190cm-193cm (6.2-6.3).

Why?????

I had this goal of dating shorter guys but they never paid any attention to me. And it would be quite practical for sex lol

I have no idea why but tall guys always fall for me.

I am 158 cm (5.2) and my bf's were mostly from 190cm-193cm (6.2-6.3).

Why?????

Probably something subconsciously to do with the fact that you (shorter girls) look like you need 'protecting'.

What I want to know is, why do tall men like the shorter girls? What is it about them, specifically? Are tall women unattractive generally?

I never said I always 'go' for the shorter girls. Height has got nothing to do with whether I find her attractive or not. It just happens that all my past crushes have generally been shorter. Coincidence.

Well I am barely five foot and my current husband is 5'6 and my ex husband is 6'1 so I can go either way. Personally I am usually more attracted to shorter guys but I think that is only because my father was very short and girls tend to like guys like dad in some ways. I don't think that it is because I myself am short, or maybe it is dunno.

But i would never rule out a tall guy if i were attracted to him and there was compatibility.

I have always heard that tall men like shorter women and shorter guys like taller women. It seems almost true as I see a lot of couples like this. But certainly not always true.

I've always wondered this. I've always had shorter guys (ranging from 5'3" to 5'7") asking me (5'9") out. I always liked the taller guys because I wasn't comfortable being the tall one. Now I'm dating my boyfriend who's 6' and I'm by far the tallest girl he's dated (the tallest before me was 5'5".) I'm tall than his dad!

I see a lot of shorter girls dating taller guys though. I always wondered what was up with that. Especially when a taller guy would tell me I was too tall to date. o_O I'm not that tall!

I'm 5'5, and I prefer guys between 5'10' - 6'1 range.

I have dated someone who was 5'4 and i have also dated someone 6'3 and I would choose the latter anytime. I'd much rather be with someone who is taller than shorter. If I really like someone it's not really an issue though.

I am 4.10" and my ex was 6.1"

He said he felt like a phedophile walking hand in hand with me but he still sticked it out.

I like boys who are a lot taller than me because they can carry you around when you tell them to or when your to tired to walk ;-)

I like boys who are a lot taller than me because they can carry you around when you tell them to or when your to tired to walk ;-)

haha...SO true...

the girl I'm with now will just jump up on my back and wrap her arms & legs around me and I carry her around like a human backpack when we are at concerts and stuff...even put her up on my shoulders and things like that...its no biggie cuz she is tiny...

also I think its so cute when she tries to attack me or wrestle with me or anything like that...I'm 15" taller than her and weigh like 2.5 times as much as she does.... so its just funny because she tries SO hard but never accomplishes anything unless I let her win ...its so cute...

I know a really short girl who's boyfriend is three feet taller than her. It looks like an adult with a child, but they don't care.

I had a crush on a guy who was 2.5 feet shorter than me. We didn't date because he turned out to be a drug addict, not because of his height.

Even if u r 6 feet tall, that means the guy u had a crush on was only 3'6" ?????

And the really short girl... Is she only 3'2" or something?????

Archived