Letter of Complaint to Best Buy - Job Related

If I were still a recruiter, I would not hire you. You do not possess all of the traits I would deem desirable for an employee, two of which include flexibility and strong communication skills.

Ohh really I would not hire you as a mechanic if I was looking for one. You do not possess any traits of a mechanic. HAH you like that no. I got strong oral communication skills and I have the most flexible schedule.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a way yes. Because I took the time out of my life to call them to follow up on the interview with the intention of finding out if they have chosen to rehire me or not. I did not expect for them to call me back if they had no intentions on rehiring me, however I would not expect it if I did not call them first. Since I called them and they told me they would call me back then I expect a bloody phone call back either saying yes or no. Whats the point of them telling me I will forward the message onto the correct person and have them call you back. They should just tell me, if we have not called you then we did not hire you

How soon would you have liked them to have called you?

Is it possible that the person who handles this was out sick, had a family emergency, etc? Is it possible that some unexpected variable was thrown in, and thus, delayed the phone call from coming as swiftly as you would have liked?

Again, it was only a little over a week. If your blood pressure got this revved up over waiting in such a relatively short period of time, imagine how you're going to react to waiting longer for other things in the future. Yikes.

Ohh really I would not hire you as a mechanic if I was looking for one. You do not possess any traits of a mechanic. HAH you like that no. I got strong oral communication skills and I have the most flexible schedule.

I am not applying for a mechanic's job, but you ARE applying for a retail job.

Big difference.

And I do not mean flexibility as in the schedule you can work. I mean flexibility in how you deal with issues. You are rigid and not at all accomodating to these folks who are likely very busy.

In a way yes. Because I took the time out of my life to call them to follow up on the interview with the intention of finding out if they have chosen to rehire me or not. I did not expect for them to call me back if they had no intentions on rehiring me, however I would not expect it if I did not call them first. Since I called them and they told me they would call me back then I expect a bloody phone call back either saying yes or no. Whats the point of them telling me I will forward the message onto the correct person and have them call you back. They should just tell me, if we have not called you then we did not hire you

We all make choices to invest time into job hunting. That doesn't mean that you are owed anything in return. Getting a job is a privilege not an entitlement and investing time in interviewing and following up does not entitle you to a call back or any contact whatsoever if the choice is not to hire you. Perhaps the assistant made a mistake in saying you would get a call back, just like you made mistakes in not writing down the name of your interviewer and in sending letters with grammatical errors. People make mistakes. Reread Scout's post.

I've been treated even worse by prospective employers (and really, you did only give them a week), but I didn't let that get me down, or frustrate me. Rather, I figured it was probably best I didn't end up working for them.

However, concerning your email, what I almost always do--and I recommend you do the same--is to write out what you want to say in an email, spend some time getting it ready-enough to be sent, and then wait until the next morning. Then, when you're fresh, and have had time to sleep on the issue, look back over what you've written. You may find more grammar or spelling mistakes, find unimportant parts of your email which you can omit (brevity is good), or even decide you're not going to send the email, after all. Of course this doesn't work for time-sensitive issues, but most of the time I find it very beneficial.

Ask yourself this question:

Why are you sending the letter?? Because you're disgruntled? Move on.

Believe me, there are plenty of better jobs out there in computers besides working at BBY in the computer department.

I'm pretty sure if I received a letter like that from a potential candidate, I'd shred it and laugh, then cross their name off my list.

Why would I want to hire someone who just bashed my company?

You're not a customer, you're a prospective employee. You're not going to get anywhere with this letter, and you're only going to embarrass yourself.

Your spelling and grammar in this letter is going to make them think that they made the right decision.

I agree with all you wrote except the part that he is not a customer. Interviewees are often also customers, so it would definitely have been in Best Buy's interest to acknowledge Glegend, but since this is a quid pro quo scenario, where Glegend wants something from them as much as they may want to retain him as a customer, Glegend should have definitely not have written that letter.

When i recruited for retail i treated every candidate as if they wree a customer. Ticking off a candidate is not good for business. So while I do understand Glegend's frustration, the way he handled it was not good for someone wanting employment with this company.

Best Buy should not want their candidates bad mouthing the company anymore than they should want customers bad mouthing the company.

But since Glegend, and not Best Buy, is the one seeking feedback I can only tell him what I think he should have done differently. Since he disagrees, I am not sure at this point what advice he is really seeking.

How soon would you have liked them to have called you?

When I got through to the guy who I was supposed to see for the interview he said he will pass it on to the appropriate person and have them call me back ASAP. I understand that everyone works different shifts. The shifts are as follows 9 am to 12 pm, 12:30/1 pm - 4pm, and 4 pm to 9 pm (close). SO when he said he will have them call me back I would have expected sometime from the second we hung up the phone to close, if not by 5 pm the very next day (thats when I called back). When I called back at 5pm the next day I was told that the woman I need to talk to was helping a customer and that she would call me right after she finishes so at that point I expect at least within one hour to get a call back, the latest when the store closes.

Is it possible that the person who handles this was out sick, had a family emergency, etc? Is it possible that some unexpected variable was thrown in, and thus, delayed the phone call from coming as swiftly as you would have liked? .

I guess anything is possible, since they kept telling me that the guy was in an he wasn't. But no the woman I was told would call me back was helping a customer.

When I worked there and people would call and ask for us and people would try to transfer us calls we would then tell them to tell whoever was calling that we were not in or were not available because we either 1. did not want to speak with them because it was useless or 2. did not want to speak with them because we were busy and did not feel like dealing with them and it was useless.

Ask yourself this question:

Why are you sending the letter?? Because you're disgruntled?

You're not a customer, you're a prospective employee. You're not going to get anywhere with this letter, and you're only going to embarrass yourself.

Your spelling and grammar in this letter is going to make them think that they made the right decision.

The letters I have posted are draft copies that are saved automatically. Before they are sent out they are spell-checked. Gmail spell-checks it and Mozilla Firefox does the same. Firefox put a red underline, under the misspelled word, just as Microsoft Office does. The reason why I make a lot of spelling mistakes is because when I type I type really fast.

You are wrong when you say I am not a customer. I am a customer, not just a prospective employee. When I need to buy something electronic I go there.

You say I am not going anywhere with this letter but they have emailed me back saying they will let me know what is going on.

Why am I sending the letter? Because I am upset on how lousy the customer service provided to me is. I am upset that they keep telling me to call back to speak to the person on day and/or times when he is not there. For telling me that they will call me back immediately and not doing so. Basically because they are playing games like this with me and that is not how it should be. And I am not looking at it from a potential employee but from a customers point of view as well.

When I worked there and people would call and ask for us and people would try to transfer us calls we would then tell them to tell whoever was calling that we were not in or were not available because we either 1. did not want to speak with them because it was useless or 2. did not want to speak with them because we were busy and did not feel like dealing with them and it was useless.

Well thats not proper customer service. Nothing is useless, define what would be useless is to you. The only part I agree with you is if you are busy and cannot deal with them because of a high customer volume. Something that you would experience at a Christmas sale. When I worked there I was the best employee. I always answered the phone. If I was helping out a customer I would tell the customer "excuse me one moment" and I would answer the phone and tell the customer on the phone "Best Buy computer department, Glegend speaking, hold for a moment please" and when I was done with the customer I was dealing with I would help out the one on the phone.

I agree with all you wrote except the part that he is not a customer. Interviewees are often also customers, so it would definitely have been in Best Buy's interest to acknowledge Glegend, but since this is a quid pro quo scenario, where Glegend wants something from them as much as they may want to retain him as a customer, Glegend should have definitely not have written that letter.

When i recruited for retail i treated every candidate as if they wree a customer. Ticking off a candidate is not good for business. So while I do understand Glegend's frustration, the way he handled it was not good for someone wanting employment with this company.

Best Buy should not want their candidates bad mouthing the company anymore than they should want customers bad mouthing the company.

But since Glegend, and not Best Buy, is the one seeking feedback I can only tell him what I think he should have done differently. Since he disagrees, I am not sure at this point what advice he is really seeking.

Ok then why don't you tell me why I should not have written the letter. I've said a numerous amount of times why I wrote the letter, because best buys 1-800-customer service representative told me to. Why? because thats the only way to speak with HR.

Give me a shot. Tell me what I should have done differently. Add I will tell you if I agree or disagree.

Give me a shot. Tell me what I should have done differently. Add I will tell you if I agree or disagree.

I already have. I don't think you are really reading the replies. About five or so posts back to you I said what an appropriate type of letter would look like.

Your six or so paragraphs of drivel complaining and droning on was nothing but a big bullseye to say this is a really inflexible person. And this is not desirous of any employee for any industry that I know of.

So in a nutshell to sum up what I have been trying to say in my posts:

1) Brevity is your friend when writing to a potential employer. Your letter was way too long.

2) It reeked of negativity and negativity is not desirable in an employee.

3) you never bothered to get your interviewer's name, and stated you don't believe in thank you letters.

4) Just because the "customer service" 800 number representative told you to write a letter of complaint does not mean you actually write a letter of complaint. They are not HR professionals. They deal wtih beligerent customers and gave you the same advice they would give a disgruntled customer. They are NOT the group you should have listened too. You should have performed the proper research to find someone in their human resources department.

5) You bashed the very company you are hoping to be employed by. This is good how?

6) No one is ever owed a job. No one is even owed a call back. It is courteous for an employer to do so, but it is not a legal requirement. You looked like a whiner.

I am sure there is more, but these are the highlights. I really came onto this thread to help you and give you tips, as I was a corporate recruiter for a long time. Started out recruiting entry level positions in a RETAIL industry, and then moved my way up to recruiting for executives. My last recruiting gig was a highly successful Executive Recruiter. However, you scoffed at my advice and also the advice of others who also have years of professional experience. You are 17 years old and new to the workforce (you may have worked before, but you are still very new to it) but you seem to have the answers that those of us who climbed the ladder successfully do not have.

I did not give you any advice I would not have given my own daughter and son. My daughter is 22 and has been with the same company for five years. She took my advice. My 19 year old son also took my advice and has been on a job he likes for awhile now.

I am not saying I have all the answers, but dude, this is what I did for a living. I don't think my advice was crap. What baffles me is your post was point blank asking others for advice. When I said I would not hire you based on what I have seen here, instead of trying to get more tips you went on to try to be insulting and said you wouldn't hire me as a mechanic. Are you TRYING to look very unsavvy here? I am not applying for a job as a mechanic, as a matter of fact I am not applying for a job right now at all or asking anyone for advice on a letter I wrote, so your point was poorly made. YOu ARE applying for a retail position and I was a retail recruiter for over a decade. And I was very good at it.

But as a person in a management position there it was useless to us to speak with someone that we had not called back about a job due to the simple fact, like I stated before, there are hundreds of applicants and to be able to call back each and ever applicant would be absurd. If you don't get a call back then you did not get the job as simple as that. Also when I first applied at Best Buy when I was in high school, they called me about my application almost 3 weeks after I applied. Then it about 2 weeks more to actually start work because you have to go through 3 interviews before they give you an actual job offer. If you are not what they are looking for after the first initial interview you do not get a call back for the 2nd and the same goes after the 2nd for the 3rd. Most people that get a 2nd interview are hired, although that is not always the case. I think you jumped the gun quite a bit too quickly on this one. It is summer time. Managers are on vacation and I know for a fact not all of them have the authority to conduct interviews. And if the store general manager is on vacation after your first interview you will not be called back in for a second interview until after that person gets back and can approve a second one.

What I am trying to get through to you people is why I am complaining. I am complaining because I have called multiple times hoping to speak to someone. I am told to call back when the person is in, and they tell me when the person is supposed to be in. So I call back then. Every time I call back he is not in. For 3 days straight I keep getting call back. The very last time I called back before I got through to the guy, I was told leave your contact information. So I did and the woman who told me that, had the decency to call me back. She told me when to call back and I did. I spoke to the guy I was supposed to call back. He was very polite and told me he would pass it on to the appropriate person. That person has still not contacted me. Almost 2 days later and no word. So I called back before I dropped them a line. I was told that the woman would call me immediately after she finishes with the customer she was dealing with. And no phone call.

I would just get over it. But to each its own. If I had the time to write really long letters to every company that ever did me wrong, well I would have no job, no life, probably would not have time to bathe, and would probably die from starvation. But have at it and make a difference for all of us.

You are not a customer when you are applying for a job, in my opinion. You might be a customer when you bought your XBOX games, but you were mad about waiting 10 minutes to get an interview (maybe because you were 45 minutes early, which is unheard of) and thereforeeee are a prospective employee.

Why don't you tell me why don't believe that one is not a customer when one is applying for a job. You know why I was mad, I'll tell you why. It starts off with me being early. I was 45 minutes early, ok thats a bit early I admit it. But its better to be early opposed to being late, employers like it when their interviewee's show up early. It sends a bit signal out to them when they see that. I left home early, because I was low on ink and needed to put gas in my SUV. I rushed to my girlfriend's home to use her computer and to drop off my sister at her house so she can babysit her. After I printed my resume, cover letter, references and reference letter I left her home. Then I went to the gas station and put enough gas to take me to the Best Buy store and to go a few places after, I put gas at night because it is cheaper then. After that I drove directly there, it takes me about 20 minutes to 30 minutes to drive there. In 25 minutes I had done all that and at the store, there was no traffic on the road. So I went in and spoke to the greeter he told me to go to customer service and tell them have arrive, 15 minutes before the interview. I walked around until 2:10 pm and thats when I approached customer service. I spoke to a Geek Squad representative since he was at the desk and the desk was shared with customer service. He informed customer service that I was here. Up to this I was good. After I got mad because they waited close to 2:30pm to come and give me a application to fill out. I filled it out and then like 2:40pm they decided to interview me. Thats why I am mad. Its very unprofessional to do it that way. I've been to interviews at other stores where a similar thing has happened however I was informed that the interview would be starting a bit later.

No one at the BBY store was rude to you, they just avoided you. Maybe they didn't want to hire you? Maybe they're non-confrontational type of people and didn't want to tell you, someone mentioned above that they don't have to do that.

I'll tell you why its rude. Its rude that they are choosing not to return a phone call to a person who has called to inquire something. I'm not arguing against not wanting to hire me. I know they don't have to inform me that they are not hiring. However when someone calls for whatever reason and they are told that they will receive a phone call back, then they have to call back. If not right away in a hour or two or heck even the next business day.

Me too Glegend, I was the best employee there too. I sold PRP's like they were going out of style. I was the highest seller in that store... They didn't hire me back.

I was the best employee. I started off a seasonal IPG(Computer) sales associate. I sold so many PSP's and PRP's that I got number one place for sales of PSP and PRP for seasonal employee. It was something like a student /employee of the month thing. I was selling them like they were a drug, I was like a hustler. There were so many sales of them, it was like wild fire spreading. Each customer I would speak to would buy a PRP especially on computers that were $1,000 or more, and on ACER computers. Its sad in a way that they didn't hire you back. I don't know what your situation was, if similar to mine in any way, all I can really say is maybe they were threaten of your selling ability. So they feared that if you go back, then another employee's job if not their own would be at jeopardy.

Plenty of people have told you why you should not have written the letter. It is not professional AT ALL. If I received that letter, it would seem like you're complaining only because someone didn't give you the job. That is their decision.

And yes, that is the only way to speak to BBY H.R. Department.

You're just choosing the wrong battle to fight... And that's tiring.

Why would you want to work with people like that anyways? If you think their company is so unprofessional?

I can see where these people are coming from. The reason I wrote the letter is mainly because of the way they were treating me, by giving false information as when they person I was trying to contact is working and because the messages I left were never returned. So I believe it is right to have sent the letter so they can not only let me know what is going on but also to let them know what kind of customer service they are offering at that particular store. I know what the company policy is, and it is that the customer comes first. All the big companies like to get feedback on how the service was to make changes that will make the store more customer friendly.

You know that by email or fax is the only way to get through to HR. So you know that sending the email to them is the only way I can speak to HR where they would know if I am hired or not. So me contacting HR, there is nothing wrong with that.

Me choosing to fight the wrong battle, your wrong there. I've fought so many battles to know which I should and which I should not. And this is one I should fight, not because they did not hire me because of the type of service they have provided to me.

I do not know anymore why I would want to work with people who are like that. Before I was fired they were not like that. Right now I do not know what has happened, a lot of the employee's are new there. New meaning they were not employed while I was working there. I feel that that store is unprofessional. The way they are acting.

I was the best employee. I started off a seasonal IPG(Computer) sales associate. I sold so many PSP's and PRP's that I got number one place for sales of PSP and PRP for seasonal employee. It was something like a student /employee of the month thing. I was selling them like they were a drug, I was like a hustler. There were so many sales of them, it was like wild fire spreading. Each customer I would speak to would buy a PRP especially on computers that were $1,000 or more, and on ACER computers. Its sad in a way that they didn't hire you back. I don't know what your situation was, if similar to mine in any way, all I can really say is maybe they were threaten of your selling ability

I can tell you that no store is NOT going to hire a person because they are threatened by their strong sales ability. Now you are just grasping here.

If you were as good as you say then you were an asset, and they would hire you back. If they didn't, then someone better than you came along.

No retailer will not hire back an awesome sales person unless that person perhaps was good at selling but was a squeaky wheel in so many areas it wasn't worth it, or they found someone better. I can assure you it was not because you were a threat. They WANT great sales people.

Or you may have quit without notice. And another thing, if you were such a good salesperson why did they not offer to keep you on as a regular associate after the holiday season was over? Every store is given a number for associates they can keep after the holiday season and if you were their "best" associate, why didn't they keep you?

Or you may have quit without notice. And another thing, if you were such a good salesperson why did they not offer to keep you on as a regular associate after the holiday season was over? Every store is given a number for associates they can keep after the holiday season and if you were their "best" associate, why didn't they keep you?

I started off as a seasonal sales associate 2 years ago. They kept me on. The fired me because of a dispute with another associate that was hired for the last seasonal sales period that passed. Basically I got the blame for what he did, and lost my job.

Whoa.

Glegend, if they fired you, you are not getting hired back. You still have a personnel file there. Did you not think they would realize you were let go? This probably explains the lack of response you have gotten. This was one huge tidbit of information you failed to share with anyone on this thread.

I just don't believe this. You were fired from Best Buy, and interviewed there agiain, and got this up in arms over no return call?

Did you really think they were going to hire you back? Chalk this up to a learning experience. ONce you are fired from a company there is little chance you will ever work there again. You can say it was this person's fault or that person's but it does not matter. If you were fired, write that company off.

I started off as a seasonal sales associate 2 years ago. They kept me on. The fired me because of a dispute with another associate that was hired for the last seasonal sales period that passed. Basically I got the blame for what he did, and lost my job.

Best Buy does not rehire associates that they fire. But good luck with that one.

Whoa.

Glegend, if they fired you, you are not getting hired back. You still have a personnel file there. Did you not think they would realize you were let go? This probably explains the lack of response you have gotten. This was one huge tidbit of information you failed to share with anyone on this thread.

I just don't believe this. You were fired from Best Buy, and interviewed there agiain, and got this up in arms over no return call?

Did you really think they were going to hire you back? Chalk this up to a learning experience. ONce you are fired from a company there is little chance you will ever work there again. You can say it was this person's fault or that person's but it does not matter. If you were fired, write that company off.

My old manager knew I was let. He let me go. He called me up saying there was a opening and if am interested to come in for an interview. I did share this information. I said it countless amounts of time.

Yes I was fired. What I got mad was that I was told that I would get a return call for the message I left. But I did not. I know people who have gotten back into Best Buy after being fired.

Hey there glegend! I felt I had to comment on this since I have 5 years retail experience in management and years of experience as an associate before that.

In reference to the most recent topic in this thread...

You actually were entered into their system as non-rehirable when you were terminated. It will still list you that way, however management can sometimes get this reversed if they discuss it with their HR dept. The final decision is HR's and not manager's, so keep in mind it does not always get reversed. Management tells people that once you are fired or quit with no notice you will never be hired with that company again to keep associates from committing acts that have those results. As I said, it is never actually set in stone.

The one person I would understand you being angry at here is the manager that called you to come back. He contacted you, he should have made sure he scheduled the interview when he was present (unless he had an emergency). Also, he shouldn't have just shrugged you off like that when you called him back inquiring about the job. It is absurd for him to say that since he didn't interview you he has not say in whether you get hired and it's out of his hands. Ridiculous! He is fully aware that you were entered as non-rehirable and when this lady pulls your file she will see this and toss the app aside. He is the one that made the contact with you. The least he could have done was talk to the woman and find out what the status is.

Annie wasn't trying to pick on you about your spelling and grammar. There were grammatical errors and spelling errors in your email. Off the top of my head I can recall you using the word he incorrectly for be and I know I saw several others. That is a mistake that spellcheck won't pick up because it is an actual word. In the future try at least using spell check that also has grammar check incorporated, such as in Microsoft Word.

Never arrive at an interview that early and actually ask to speak to the person. If you want to be there early fine, but don't make contact until it's at least only 10-15 minutes before the time scheduled. There is a reason an interview is scheduled at a certain time and most of the time it is because they have a previous engagement such as a conference call, another interview, meeting, etc., or because they were waiting on another manager to come in to have relief on the sales floor.

10 minutes late is really insignificant. You never know, she could have been dealing with an irate customer over the phone or any other number of things. I highly doubt she was just twirling her hair to see if you would get antsy for waiting. Never assume your time is more valuable than anyone elses.

In reference to some of the other posts made here...

Gross margin (markup) is not that high on electronic items. The retail store I worked at had an electronics department and even though the items are a ton more expensive doesn't mean the retailer is making the money. Computers generally only have 1-5% markup. That means if a computer is sold at $1,000 the retailer only collects $10-$50 from that sale. That's most definitely not making bank folks.

They also don't blacklist people in that way. Maybe if the person that wrote the letter was well known in the corporate world, but not in situations like this. Retail stores get complaints from all over on a daily basis, they don't have time to pass them along. And as someone else stated, they want their competitors to hire the rejects.

Frankly glegend, the corporate office is not going to be very concerned with your letter. They're most likely going to throw it in the "disgruntled former associate wanting their job back" file.

While it's fine to call and check up on your app, realize that these people have a job to do when they are at work and sometimes they have to move some things to the bottom of their list.

I don't mean for any of this to offend you, I'm only trying to help. Try to cheer up and don't let this discourage you. I know job hunting is a pain, but don't give up and certainly don't let it make you bitter.

Good luck!!!

I just wanted to know what the honest opinion of the letter was. I did not ask for someone to point out grammatical errors, syntax errors or the what not.

In the real world, even very very minor mistakes in a cover letter or correspondence can cost you a job. When a recruiter has 200 resumes to read, if someone has a spelling or a grammatical error, it get thrown in the trash can. why? first off, there are plenty of people applying for the job. second, if they didn't care enough to get a second and a third person to look it over, then they don't care enough to get the job. gmail doesn't catch everything.

My honest opinion is that when it comes to getting a job, you have to present yourself in the most professional manner possible, and writing angry e-mails isn't going to get you anywhere. In the future, I agree with sitting on the email or letter for 24 hours, then contacting them. Also, always make sure to get the name of your interviewer, and if you don't hear from them within a week or so, write them a letter saying, "Thank you for the interview - I am excited about working for your company, I look forward to communicating with you in the future." As the saying goes, a teaspoon of honey attracts more flies than a gallon of vinegar.

10 minutes late is really insignificant. You never know, she could have been dealing with an irate customer over the phone or any other number of things. I highly doubt she was just twirling her hair to see if you would get antsy for waiting. Never assume your time is more valuable than anyone elses.

In reference to some of the other posts made here...

Gross margin (markup) is not that high on electronic items. The retail store I worked at had an electronics department and even though the items are a ton more expensive doesn't mean the retailer is making the money. Computers generally only have 1-5% markup. That means if a computer is sold at $1,000 the retailer only collects $10-$50 from that sale. That's most definitely not making bank folks.

They also don't blacklist people in that way. Maybe if the person that wrote the letter was well known in the corporate world, but not in situations like this. Retail stores get complaints from all over on a daily basis, they don't have time to pass them along. And as someone else stated, they want their competitors to hire the rejects.

Frankly glegend, the corporate office is not going to be very concerned with your letter. They're most likely going to throw it in the "disgruntled former associate wanting their job back" file.

While it's fine to call and check up on your app, realize that these people have a job to do when they are at work and sometimes they have to move some things to the bottom of their list.

Basically the same things I have told him. Electronics retailers sell computers for foot traffic, they don't make money off of them. They often sell computers below their own cost just to compete with competitor's sales. They have to sell them tho to get these customer's in the store. TV's (and these margins are even getting lower and lower) and accessories are where they make their money. And services, which is why Geek Squad is so popular. This is a very competitive business because non CE retailers such as walmart and target are becoming stiff competition for the Best Buy's of the world. I was in this business so long I could probably write a book on the industry. Many of Best Buy's competitors have long bitten the bullet because of the continuing low margins.

Very rarely does a terminated employee get hired back. I will venture to bet his manager was a floor supervisor and that level of management, I seriously doubt, has enough pull to overturn this decision.

Yes the only person the OP should be angry at is the guy who called him back in. I have a feeling this was an over burdened, young and overzealous dept manager who was understaffed and figured he could get Glegend rehired and take away some of his backlog. I suspect somewhere along the line he was told that Glegend would not be rehired and he took the wimpy way out and just avoided him. This manager probably has not one clue about how human resources really works. That electronic HR course he was probably supposed to take was put off more than the interviews he scheduled.

I also agree with you that he won't be "blacklisted". Not at this level of employee. That typically only occurs at higher levels, middle management to executive.

Best Buy states that they will consider you for re-hire after 3 months.

I was fired (not for my sales, but for my tardiness and absenses, I was 19 years old and had been employed with them for 2 years) and even though I was the best CSR (Customer Sales Rep II) that sold the most PRP's EVERY MONTH....

They did not re-hire me. I even went to a different store in Miami to get the job there. No luck.

The key word is "consider" and they say this to protect themselves legally.

Syntax Errors?? That's a technical problem with the computer itself... How would a Syntax Error be in your letter?

I think he is referring to syntax as the grammatical arrangement of his sentences in this case vs "syntax error" the type of script error message you get from a computer.

Archived