Letter of Complaint to Best Buy - Job Related

The key word is "consider" and they say this to protect themselves legally.

Exactly! The only time we were EVER able to rehire an associate that was terminated is if it was a manager conflict and that manager is no longer with the company and it was a conflict with only that one manager and no one else. Then it can go through HR, but even in that case it is extremely rare. Even for the associates that quit, when I worked there we did not rehire a good 99% of them even if they gave a 2 weeks or more notice. The only time an exception was made is if someone quit to move away to go to school and then came back for the summer or something of that nature.

It is comical to me that you worked there before, were fired, wanted to work there again, then wrote an extremely long, badly worded letter to HR about how they did not call you back. I would love to be in HR right now reading that letter. It would be the highlight of my day.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also: I work for a very well known company that troubleshoots computers for a living: Syntax errors deal with programming, and something not being programmed right (binary wise) into the software you are using. It has nothing to do with a letter being grammatically/spelled correctly..

Oaken it was the way he put "error" behind it is what makes it confusing. Syntax very much does mean "the grammatical arrangement of words in a sentence". In this case syntax error denotes grammatical errors. There are many terms used in the computer world that are derivatives of common everyday words.

Moderators: Can we close this thread already? I think that the point is not getting accross here....

Even tho the OP is not open to the advice and suggestions here from many who have a lot of professional experience, this thread can still serve to help a great deal of young people, or even older people new to the workforce. Lots of great tips here housed in this thread...

1) I am upset that the manager I was supposed to see was not there, I understand he was sick (So I was told) and someone else would be doing the interview. But I let that go, it was the least of my concerns. What really made me mad upset was that every time I called back they would tell me he is not in, he's in at a later time or that he will be in the next day. And when I would call back he would not be there. So I felt that they are just jerking me around. It is stupid that he told me that but what else can I do, he told me he will tell the right person to call me back and they still have not. He asked me did we contact you, I told him I don't know so I am calling back to follow up.

2) YOU ALWAYS ARRIVE EARLY. I went in an told them I was here I did not ask to speak to the person right away. All I did was inform them that I was there for an interview at 2:30pm.

3) I know what she was doing. She was at the back of customer service with

about 7-10 other employees goffing around.

4) I am glad that you agree that following up on the application with the intentions of finding out if I am to he hired or not. I realize that in retail you cannot really talk all the time. However, when you are told that they will contact you to discuss whatever you are calling about then they should at their earliest convenience.

I came in a little late here. But I have one more suggestion. Next time you write a very LONG letter, be sure to put a space between paragraphs.

You may have messed up a good opportunity by doing this. Or maybe the person who reads it will laugh and delete it. That's all you can hope for.

Man, you really need to chill out. Apply for more than one job too.

I would find it rude if someone arrived more than 15 minutes early for an interview - it burdens the office staff and typically makes the interviewer feel pressured. If you arrive more than 15 minutes early you go to a nearby coffee shop, walk around or wait outside the building.

THEY HAVE TO CALL ME BACK BECAUSE I LEFT A MESSAGE SAYING I WANT TO FOLLOW UP ON MY APPLICATION. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GUYS DON'T GET THAT.

I can understand why they fired you. They could have been afraid of an altercation. This attitude is absolutely unbelievable.

And no, they do not have to call you back, for any reason.

Yea they do have to return a message. When someone leave one person a message that person has to return it.

And the reason they fired me is because another seasonal employee was * * * *ing around not doing his job and I got the blame for it.

well, if they were on the fence about hiring you before, I certainly doubt they would hire you now. you seem really inflexible. maybe they were about to call and hire you, but they had to finish interviewing all the other candidates first before they're allowed to give you an answer, or there was some other legitimate reason. but the way you've been acting about demanding a phone call, but not polite and civil about it, I doubt they would hire you now.

Yea they do have to return a message. When someone leave one person a message that person has to return it.

And the reason they fired me is because another seasonal employee was * * * *ing around not doing his job and I got the blame for it.

No, I disagree. Perfect etiquette dictates that you return every call but in the business world for most people that's just not practical or feasible. People understand that even with the best of intentions things can fall through the cracks sometimes. Reality dictates that given the importance of the bottom line, you have to prioritize the scarce resource of time and sometimes that will mean that not every phone call or e-mail gets returned.

If you're going to get this bent out of shape about it I suggest that you not work in a business setting or at least not in a business setting that involves interacting with clients or customers. Maybe a research lab or some behind the scenes work in information technology would be ok.

Alternatively, work on changing your attitude and getting off this high horse of perfection that just isn't reality so you can play nicely in the sandbox. You seem to want other humans to accept your flaws (i.e. not remembering who interviewed you, etc) so what about cutting people just a bit of slack?

Given all of your posts and this entitlement attitude you have, I really have to wonder was it another employee screwing around that got you fired? I am not saying that can't happen, but firing a person is normally not taken lightly and I am having a hard time grasping that - given your attitude especially - that you were just fired due to no fault whatsoever of your own.

You seem to have a personality type that even if you did do something wrong, you can't digest it.

But then again, what I think doesn't matter. Jsut seems like an awful lot of negative energy being expended over an employer that you claim fired you with no reason. If that were the case anyone would have to wonder why you are so keen on getting a response from them, much less working there again. If they are the type of company TO TRULY fire someone over the actions of another person, why do you think that they are going to return your calls?

All of this just sounds pretty fishy to me.

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but I am not understanding why you even care how it pans out. Based on your actions, I think it's easy to assume that Best Buy is NOT the type of company you feel you should be working for. Why not just consider it a blessing that you are free to get a job in a company whose policies and practices you agree with?

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but I am not understanding why you even care how it pans out. Based on your actions, I think it's easy to assume that Best Buy is NOT the type of company you feel you should be working for. Why not just consider it a blessing that you are free to get a job in a company whose policies and practices you agree with?

that is an excellent point.

Syntax Errors?? That's a technical problem with the computer itself... How would a Syntax Error be in your letter?

I think he is referring to syntax as the grammatical arrangement of his sentences in this case vs "syntax error" the type of script error message you get from a computer.

Not that it matters, but I believe I've heard English professors call it a "syntactical error" when dealing with language syntax.

On the other hand, a "syntax error" is an error dealing with the syntax of a programming language.

Archived